Menu

Ignore this thread!

Anyway, Happy Thursday!    

I'm almost done for the year.   Looking forward to summer and planning next year. 

I have a swollen gland, left side under my chin.  I seem to get a swollen gland there a lot.  It goes away but then comes back.  Could be because of my allergies.  Today could be the crappy air (from what I've read).  But I did send a message to make an appointment with my doctor.  Just a regular yearly physical type appointment, but I will mention it.  

ETA:  A Summer is Almost Here Booya!!!
(I refuse to do a doctor, swollen gland booya)

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

The plumber is supposed to come this morning.  I need to make a couple of phone calls - we'll see if I feel up to it.  Today would have been late dh's and my 32nd anniversary.  

Interesting facts about Key Deer: they are very friendly and comfortable around people.  They are good swimmers.  Their main predators are sharks and Honda Civics.  They love love love to drink bleach.  Their name is Steve.

Coffee!

(((Hugs)))) on your anniversary.  Sounds like a good day to do something for yourself.  

I'm wondering how they determined that Key Deer love to drink bleach.  

Lot's of white-tail deer around here so I totally get the main predator being Honda Civics (maybe Accords around here).  

One of the most interesting facts I learned was that one of the predators of Moose is Orcas.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
bleach not beer
  • Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Not sure how bad our air quality is going to get, but I know that I won't be doing any loops until the smoke clears out.

The past couple of days have been kind of hazy and I think today and tomorrow are going to be worse.  Not a good mix with asthma...

Edited by Junie
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm wondering how they determined that Key Deer love to drink bleach.  

The scouts' dishwashing procedure is to first wash with dish soap, then rinse in clean water, then a quick dip in bleach water.  As soon as the jug of bleach was opened, Steve would scamper over and start nosing around.  The crew mates (bsa trained leaders) confirmed that yes, they would happily drink it all up if it was left out for them.  Silly things!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I need someone to carry me around today!  As much as I absolutely love my Xeros minimalist shoes (not sandals), they aren’t the best for walking over 3 miles on gravel.  I could feel every single piece of gravel with the soles of my feet. The first 1.5 miles weren’t so bad- it was the last half. I came super close to falling down the stairs last night because my legs cramped up on me midstep. Thank goodness for railings. 

(This really isn’t as much of a whine as it sounds. Pain meds helped me sleep last night and I will have some with breakfast. And I’m actually proud of myself (and my inner Xena) for finishing the hike. )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welp, it looks like I need a new toilet.  Or at the very least, to have my current toilet rebuilt.  However, the plumber did some things and used a bit of WD40 and may have stopped the dripping for the time being.  Right now he is replacing the busted pipe to the outdoor spigot.  It sounds like he is having to drill through the concrete blocks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hand weeded the rest of yesterday's tree circle and half of another tree circle in 30 minutes.  Here's some math for Krissi  - If Jean starts weeding from one spot in the circle and Krissi starts weeding directly across from her and they travel around the circumferance, when will they meet?

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hand weeded the rest of yesterday's tree circle and half of another tree circle in 30 minutes.  Here's some math for Krissi  - If Jean starts weeding from one spot in the circle and Krissi starts weeding directly across from her and they travel around the circumferance, when will they meet?

Next week,  because Krissi will convince Jeannie to take her on one or more of her fantastic hikes instead of weeding the tree circle.😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:Here's some math for Krissi  - If Jean starts weeding from one spot in the circle and Krissi starts weeding directly across from her and they travel around the circumferance, when will they meet?

WHY?!? Why would you sneak math into your post without warning us? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If they  are both heading in the same direction, at the same rate of speed.....

Never.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

So far so good on the toilet fix.  The charge on that stop-gap measure and replacing the busted pipe on the outdoor spigot was really reasonable - a little lower than what I expected actually.  He highly recommends a Kohler or Toto toilet to replace my current American Standard.  I don't have any strong feelings about toilet brands, lol.

So far my only goals today are to finish putting away laundry and watering the plants outside.  Maybe make a phone call today. And I should go driving with dd16.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Catching up. I love, loved my visit to Charleston. Also spent a summer near Ashville, which was fun. 

I hate making appointments

Not fond of nuisance squirrels.

We had a good camp week and I'm recovering. My flowers are doing well.

I need to organize my projects this summer or I won't get anything done

Ds is doing his best not to finish his writing program and is making me frustrated. Dd has 5 more math lessons. Ugh. These feet draggers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Story from the Island:

One afternoon we went kayaking in the mangrove lagoon around the island and saw some adorable little jellyfish which could be booped on the booping side.  After toodling around the cove a bit we went around the island a bit and my kayaking buddy and I saw that the boat was taking on way too much water (oops - there's a big gash on the side!) and we were not going to make it back.  Fortunately the water was fairly shallow at that point but there were Things in the water that we did not want to encounter, including the jellies.  But we were OK - my kayak buddy and I got lifts from other kayaks and managed to not get stung or bit or impaled by coral and the crew mate got the sinking one back to the launch site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Now for plants.  I should probably call the social security administration.  

Social Security is probably not helpful for plants. Maybe the local extension service. 😉

A squirrel out on the deck just looked me dead in the eye (as I looked out the kitchen window) and ate its way through a pine cone, leaving a big mess.

We did a 1.7 mile hike on a moderate trail and admired the features of the river.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So if I get an email at 1:30 am that “your package will arrive tomorrow “, when will it arrive?  

It's already a new day, so I would think they mean the following day (before midnight). So within 46.5 hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My seldom-used facebook account was hacked by someone "near Milan, Italy".  🙄 I think I got everything squared away.  

In the mean time, dd16 found a crying goldendoodle across the street in the creek and when she got near him, he hobbled off so we went on a quest - first on foot, then by car, then on foot again to try to find him.  No luck, though dd16 found a facebook post by the owner and called her to let her know where and when she had seen him and the direction he went before we lost track.  The lady called back a few minutes ago to let dd know that the pup was home! Whew.  We are pretty sure he is one of Chester's park friends.  😁

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Junie said:

Had to use my inhaler this afternoon and my nebulizer this evening.

I'm okay, but I'm probably going to have trouble sleeping because the steroids hype me up.

Hoping that the air quality tomorrow is better.

I couldn't remember how long to wait between my albuterol puffs, so I Googled. And the article I read said to gargle, rinse and spit with water, after puffing, to reduce side effects. I only remembered to do this once, but maybe it would help?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I couldn't remember how long to wait between my albuterol puffs, so I Googled. And the article I read said to gargle, rinse and spit with water, after puffing, to reduce side effects. I only remembered to do this once, but maybe it would help?

Some inhalers cause thrush, thus the rinsing. 

• Like 2

I only use albuterol, but it said the rinsing helps reduce symptoms and not to swallow water after rinsing. It makes me shake for a bit afterward so I assumed that it would help with that but I don't recall if it was significant since I only remembered to rinse the one time. 

• Like 1

Good morning!

(((smoke affected people)))

Ds18 is taking the ACT this morning. If he can find his wallet/ID.  

On the Island there were a ton of hermit crabs.  So cute.  They held an Island-wide crab race and so the girls collected several in a large bucket ("Crabsterdam") to see who was the fastest.  In the end, they chose Hermione.  The others were named Crabbe, Goyle, Malfoy, Neville, and Ron.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

This is the first Saturday in who knows how long that I am not “getting ready for something.” Normal Saturday stuff today. And I think tonight will  commence our 80’s Great Movie Film Festival. In which my children are introduced to all the wonderful cinema the 1980’s had to offer….ET, Back to the Future, Ferris Buehler’s  Day Off…. etc. Some we have already watched, but most are really worth watching again.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2