Menu

Ignore this thread!

Our main laptop is still not working so I brought it in to a nearby computer fixing place.  I'm sure it will be pricy, but the thought of having to research and get a new one is overwhelming.  So.  I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

Oh Brilliant!  A Laptop Repair Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT    
Get up everybody and sing!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

I survived yesterday.  I will say that it is taking some getting used to having all five girls home.  I mean, I love them to pieces, but there are just a lot of interpersonal dynamics to sort through.

• Like 5

Good morning!

I am going to call the vet and make an appointment for Pup.  Sigh.  I just don't wanna, but his ear is clearly hurting.  I am hoping we can find a solution for that silly ear of his.

I have a pops concert tonight and it sounds like everyone is coming.  The van will be full!

Sir Pups-a-lot just ate half of dd16's toe brace.  🙄

Coffee!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

I survived yesterday.  I will say that it is taking some getting used to having all five girls home.  I mean, I love them to pieces, but there are just a lot of interpersonal dynamics to sort through.

Yep, interpersonal sister dynamics. Sigh.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Peach oolong tea is done
Next in the Tea Lottery from my Collection Which Must be Used Up, is Peach apricot honeybush. This will be a very short flavor choice since I only have two tea bags left in the box. 

That sounds really tasty!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the pops concert happened.  It was difficult - not the music, but because I had a spotlight in my eyes the entire time half blinding me and making it Exceedingly Difficult to see the music.  Then during one piece, my throat got a dry scratch and I nearly passed out trying to keep from coughing plus trying to read my music while also blind.  In a couple of pieces, the piano and percussion were not at all in sync.  Also, hot flashes were out in full force.

But.  My parents and ALL six of my kids plus two fiancees came to the concert, and they all had a fun time.  So I call it a win!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Morning, Happy Friday.   

Another week done.  After next week, I'm off for Memorial Day week then just two more weeks of class.  

Over Memorial Day week, I need to do a bunch of admin stuff for my camps so Jean has my sympathies.  I'm not working most of the camps for the first time ever so I need to make sure my teachers who are working it have all the information they could need.   I will be available for questions and could even be there within 15 minutes if necessary, but I'd rather make sure everything is as ready to go as possible.  

I also have to get together stuff for my new admin help so they can get started.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!

School and work!!

We have park day today. should be fun. Hopefully it’s not too hot by then.

I hate administrative stuff, which is why I endeavor to never be in charge of things. Jean and Toto, you have my sympathies.

I have been having my last family meetings of the year. Some families are not coming back to our school for one reason or another, so that’s been hard. Quite a few, actually, are moving out of the area, and in order to be in our charter you have to meet certain residency requirements.

• Like 5

We are going to Family Camp over Memorial Day weekend. The kids are getting older and less enthusiastic. I’m looking forward to it. I would have been agreeable to invite friends if certain children hadn’t voiced their protests a little too late to invite friends.

• Like 4

Good morning!

We are all sleeping in this morning, apparently.  There's a lot going on today and I'm not sure yet how it's all going to happen, but happen it will.  Pup has an appointment with the vet and then the Two Youngest, dd24, and I are going to a shop so dd24 can try on wedding dresses.  Then hopefully stopping by the county clerk's office to get the title transferred for her car.  Ds18 has a cello lesson at 3 which I am pretty sure will be forgotten.  Then tonight after an early dinner we are going to the Big City where the Piano Man will sing us a Song.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

I don't know what was going on but I walked out to my children yelling "Ewww!" in a celebratory tone with their hands in the air and when I asked what was going on they all said "Nothing," and went immediately back to school work except for Isaac who looked at me, yelled "Yay!" clapped, and walked away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I don't know what was going on but I walked out to my children yelling "Ewww!" in a celebratory tone with their hands in the air and when I asked what was going on they all said "Nothing," and went immediately back to school work except for Isaac who looked at me, yelled "Yay!" clapped, and walked away.

By best guess is that you don't want to know.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

😂

• Like 3

Dd16 was at the pet store getting some fish supplies and ran across a betta fish on sale for 50% off (due to fin rot).  She decided to rescue it.  His name is Kimchi.  Hopefully some day he will have nice fins again, and eventually will live upstairs in the nice tank with some red cherry shrimp and a snail.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I will be interested to know what turns up when all the schoolwork is cleared from the table.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No luck on finding a wedding dress today, but we did manage to get dd's car title transfered to her, so at least that's done.  We're leaving in about an hour for the concert.  I do not look forward to driving into the Big City to a Big Concert during rush hour.  At least I had the good sense to pay for a parking spot at the stadium. 🤓

• Like 5

Dh's truck, which he sort of got working again but dropped at the shop for a new exhaust system, that I super duper hate and refused to drive, is actually dead for good.  When they were checking on some stuff and opened up the engine, it was a mess.   Would need a new engine to be useable again.    So, dh FINALLY is giving up on it.  

It's actually not going to be an issue since ds is off school for the summer, then only taking one class on campus in the Fall.   So his car is available to use.    And switching him from full time user of the newer car to part time user of both cars, lowered our car insurance by almost $2000 a year.  NJ has VERY expensive car insurance, especially for young males.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is after three stupid o’clock in the morning. I just got done searching my backyard in my bathrobe because Juliet uncharacteristically wanted to go out. And then she wouldn’t come back in. I finally found her hiding in the tall grass that I have to weed whack tomorrow (actually this morning). I’m sure that it was cool in there. So now I have the a/c on for the spoiled mutt in the house and am hoping that I can settle down and get back to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good morning!

Hope you got some sleep, Jean!

Morning has come much too early.  Nevertheless.  The concert was really fun and the weather was perfect for an open football stadium.  Billy Joel was one of dh's favorite artists (having grown up near his home town) so the kids grew up hearing dh sing those songs and since his death, my two youngest especially have loved playing his old records.  The smiles on their faces as they sang along with their favorite songs were priceless.    

Today is ds18's tutorial graduation ceremony.  We have to go in early to set things up and have rehearsal and I will have to try to coordinate when everyone else has to be there.  

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I've been having weird dreams lately.  Nothing terrible, just people I know getting themselves in strange predicaments.

Nothing exciting going on today.  We are doing standardized testing next week, so I have some things that I need to get prepped.  Including stuff for me to do quietly while I proctor.

• Like 5

I woke up around 5am but went back to bed and dozed a little bit until 10-ish.    

Today dh and I need to go to Home Depot to get sand for an umbrella stand.  I bought a new 15x9 foot umbrella for at the science center and we need to make sure it will stay put.  

Tonight dd is going to a sleepover at a friends house.  Same friend that slept over at the science center a few weeks back.   Dh and I are going to drop her off and then go out to dinner.  She lives in a more urban area so there's a lot of new places to try out.  I think we're going to try out a Polish restaurant.    This will be dd's first non-family sleepover ever.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Housework!!

I have to take middle DDto the Big City and try to find an 8th grade promotion dress. svengo. She’s not going to find anything. I know it. My oldest, when we went Easter dress shopping, walked into Kohl’s and within 2 minutes found a gorgeous dress (not outrageously expensive), tried it on, it fit perfectly and looked great.  Middle DD, we spent all evening looking at this store and that, finally I forced her to try a dress on at Old Navy, shouting after her to “have an open mind” as she took it to try on. This other harried looking mom heard me and started laughing sympathetically and we commiserated a few moments.  Needless to say, i am. it looking forward to this shopping trip.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I've been having weird dreams too.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  I usually don't have many dreams I remember at all.   But when I do, I often know I'm dreaming.

I had horrible dreams. Not like nightmares, but dreams about me wandering around places unable to find my way, not knowing what to do,  it able to get help. Basically sounds like my life right now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I had horrible dreams. Not like nightmares, but dreams about me wandering around places unable to find my way, not knowing what to do,  it able to get help. Basically sounds like my life right now.

Sorry.  Even if they aren't outright nightmares, those kind of dreams are so unsettling.   I do tend to have more dreams, at least those I remember bits and pieces of, when life is unsettled and there is too much going on.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Drank the last of the Peach Apricot Honeybush tea. 
The next tea plucked randomly from the Stash that Never Ends will last almost a month because it’s an unopened box of Marketspice Cinnamon Orange tea (from the famous Pike Place Market). 

I was there once!!  Almost 19 years ago!  I did not buy tea.

• Like 3

We were having a delightful gully-washer as we tried to load all the graduation stuff into the car.  So much wet stuff.  But eventually we were off.  The graduation ceremony was very nice.  They have a stupid tradition of making each parent give a "graduation blessing" type thing at the ceremony.  I've always written it and made dh read it but I had to this time and I almost made it through without waterworks but eventually made it through.  

Then I took everyone to Olive Garden for Linner because we were all starving and for a party of 10, we had lightning fast service!  Probably in part because we got there a little after 4pm.  Senior Citizen style.

So after stopping for gas and a few pints of Andy's Frozen Custard we got home and dd16 said she thinks she has a UTI so we got back in the car to go to urgent care but they changed their hours and were closed and dd didn't want to go to the ER so I stopped by the grocery store for some cranberry juice and will have to take her in the morning.

I'm exhausted.  Is it bedtime yet?

• Like 4

We had a ton of rain today too.   I'm glad because it means I didn't have to water my pumpkins from the decomposition project that we planted.   Dh and I bought concrete to put in the base of my new umbrella today.   But with the pouring rain we couldn't set it up.  So we'll have to do that tomorrow either before or after we pick up dd from her sleepover.   

• Like 5