Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dh brought me some dark chocolate covered pretzels and they are so yummy.

My daquiri last night was very yummy but I didn't even get the slightest buzzed.  My tolerance must be getting higher.  Which makes no sense because I still only drink once every other month or so.    I did sleep okay so that's good.

Still waking up at too f***ing early in the morning to drive into work with dh.    

Edited to add:  I'm going with yummy chocolate booya and NOT a too early in the morning booya.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

One of my teachers is going to be out again tomorrow.  We're able to cover for her by combining classes and carefully picking activities, but it's still annoying.  

I've decided I definitely need to hire an office manager/assistant for next year.   Someone who can return calls (I always let them go to voice mail) and emails, log new registrations and track payments, enter receipts into Quickbooks, etc.   A totally work from home position, that I'm hoping someone will do in exchange for classes for their kids.   I have someone in mind who I've known for about 10 years and trust completely but I'm not sure if she'll be remotely interested.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

School for some, work for others. This should be a better week at work. Not so many meetings.  Actually, none. But i have a ton of paperwork to do. i really would rather have meetings.

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I woke up with the dread of So Many Things in my mind.  I'm trying to work through things one at a time and not get overwhelmed.  Ds18 has already gotten a job interview with Chick-fil-a this week and then he also suggested that maybe he didn't want to take a gap year after all.  Svengo.  I just can't deal with that now.

Next up, medical billing phone call!  Oh joy.

Coffee!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I watched a bit of a Prime documentary "American Commune" - it's the story of a commune that was about an hour from my house.  The remnants of "The Farm" actually have property a few minutes from my house - they run an animal boarding and training service and have a midwifery practice.

It reminded me of a lady I worked with years ago.  They were part of a religious commune I think in Chicago and she told me that once they had kids they realized they needed to get out.  But they had nothing of their own so it was difficult just getting the basic means to leave.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I watched a bit of a Prime documentary "American Commune" - it's the story of a commune that was about an hour from my house.  The remnants of "The Farm" actually have property a few minutes from my house - they run an animal boarding and training service and have a midwifery practice.

It reminded me of a lady I worked with years ago.  They were part of a religious commune I think in Chicago and she told me that once they had kids they realized they needed to get out.  But they had nothing of their own so it was difficult just getting the basic means to leave.

"The Farm?" As in, Ina May Gaskin, midwife, The Farm? I like her birth story books. Off to look...

• Like 1

So.  Just got back from the ER.  Again.  Dd16 (aka Nine-Toes Molly) broke a little bottle and had a piece of glass stuck deep in her finger that we couldn't get out.  The check-in lady and x-ray guy and medical assistant guy all remembered us from last week, lol.  It took longer this time.  The doctor got a bit of glass out and put a couple stitches in but then did another x-ray just to check and sure enough, some glass was still there.  So she had to go back in to find it.  By the time she was stitching it up again the numbing medicine had worn off and poor dd16 was really feeling it.  

I am going to turn off my alarm and see if I can sleep late.

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

So.  Just got back from the ER.  Again.  Dd16 (aka Nine-Toes Molly) broke a little bottle and had a piece of glass stuck deep in her finger that we couldn't get out.  The check-in lady and x-ray guy and medical assistant guy all remembered us from last week, lol.  It took longer this time.  The doctor got a bit of glass out and put a couple stitches in but then did another x-ray just to check and sure enough, some glass was still there.  So she had to go back in to find it.  By the time she was stitching it up again the numbing medicine had worn off and poor dd16 was really feeling it.  

I am going to turn off my alarm and see if I can sleep late.

Somebody needs to be wrapped up in bubble wrap! 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

School for some, work for others. Busy day full of meetings yesterday, so hopefully today I can get some work done. We’re having a real cool down. Last week it was in the upper 90’s, we’re back into the mid 60’s now with chances of rain. Hmph.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Somebody needs to be wrapped up in bubble wrap! 

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Her high school formal ("prom") is tomorrow night - she will definitely need a bubble wrap dress!  And a crash helmet for good measure!

I concur.

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I didn't realize I never actually posted yesterday.  Mondays are long days even when I don't have a teacher absent.   We had potential new students come try out some classes.   They seemed to enjoy it and mom asked some detailed questions about next year.   

We still are dealing with just one car and today would have been my day to sleep as late as I wanted but dh has an all day meeting today so I got up and drove him into work so I would have the car and wouldn't have to go in super early.    Ds is already done with one class so we may not have to do this sharing thing every day.  His semester ends next week.   Dh's car is still just sitting, the guy is waiting for parts.  

I spoke to a friend about working for me as an admin assistant.   She's thinking about it so we'll see.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Junie, hope you get that Third Sleep!  Third time's the charm.

I woke up a bit earlier with the usual morning hubub but dozed back off.  Ds18 was kind enough to remember to bring the trash bins to the curb.  Nine-Toes Molly is on the sofa putting her hair up in sock curls and watching Studio C videos.

Sorry.  Got distracted for a few minutes by Studio C.  I should probably get some brunch.  We've got leftover spaghetti and leftover taco soup.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Junie is really sleepy, so hopefully by this 3rd post, she's having Third Sleep. 🤣

Yep, I definitely needed Third Sleep (although I didn't actually sleep, but the rest was helpful). Also, my internet was wonky this morning.

Almost naptime.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

So… what started out as an auspicious morning turned stressful fast. I was eating breakfast in my jammies and the dentist called to ask where I was. Apparently I was supposed to have been there five minutes ago!  So I literally threw on clothing and bolted out the door. As I was driving to the dentist (fortunately only minutes away) the lawnmower repair guy who wasn’t supposed to come until noon, texted to say that he would be at my house soon. So emergency call to my unhappy husband who fortunately is working from home today. 

I got done with my morning dentist appointment. Just as I was leaving, the lawnmower guy called me to say that he arrived (later than he said earlier!). Dh did have to lock up the dog and get him access to the lawnmower but I am home now and can do the rest. 

Oh and I have to go back to the dentist this afternoon because apparently part of a tooth is missing and I didn’t even know it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Political question. There's a proposition that everyone is talking about because it's got a bunch of hot topics including defunding the police and limiting their power, and making us an abortion sanctuary city. Why are we tying two unrelated things together? These are huge and deserve their own vote. Every issue deserves it's own vote, but this is ridiculous. So, why do we do this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Political question. There's a proposition that everyone is talking about because it's got a bunch of hot topics including defunding the police and limiting their power, and making us an abortion sanctuary city. Why are we tying two unrelated things together? These are huge and deserve their own vote. Every issue deserves it's own vote, but this is ridiculous. So, why do we do this?

Vote ITT!!

The only party that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone?

• Like 2