Menu

Ignore this thread!

I love Bob Ross. His voice is just so calming and soothing. Renai, he might help your bp come down. He has a channel on YouTube with full episodes. A person could learn to paint if they were so inclined.

My educational post for the day.

I like art. When this program is over, I want to get back to crocheting and drawing. And various other stuff I like to do with my hands. I haven't painted yet. Maybe one day. I think I've seen him on tv though...have I? I used to watch painting shows, but don't remember who I watched.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I took 10yo ds to the state cross country meet, thankfully in our own city.  but traffic was a little nuts.  And they had teenagers (I guess) directing people where to park and they were less than decisive with their hand motions.  It was hard to tell where they wanted people to go.  (And they were directing us to places where there were already parked cars, instead of empty rows, which was weird).  And parking was in the grass.  And a little muddy.  But, we survived it.  Yay, cross country is over.  I think I need a nap.  Oldest ds cheerfully asserted he will be cleaning part of his room today.  This is, of course, an admirable sacrifice on his part <insert sarcastic tone> as it will soon result in a dishwasher load of dishes and several loads of laundry for me.  (Yeah, I know.  You good moms would make him do some of that.  #notahilliwanttodieon)

• Like 3

Orange makes people hungry.  Thus, McDonalds.  Not good for a classroom. They need blue walls.

I have bright orange walls, tables with bright red trim, and bright red chairs. Terrible, terrible, terrible. If I had accepted the job sooner, I would have been allowed to make the order because it is a brand new classroom. I would have chosen light wood tables and chairs - no trim. We had these in my old school:

chairs http://www.communityplaythings.com/products/chairs/j712-12-woodcrest-chair

tables were similar to this http://www.communityplaythings.com/products/tables/c241-rectangular-woodcrest-table

• Like 1

I told admin at the school about the color, but it's not up to them. My principal agrees with me. We're putting in a work order to the district to change it, but don't know if it will happen. I told them I'd just get a couple of buckets and let my husband do it. :D

• Like 4

I am ALONE!  It might only last a few minutes before someone comes barging back in the door but I absolutely love it when I'm the only human in the house.  I don't know why it makes so much difference that I'm completely alone since often I'm alone in the room and others are in their rooms doing their own things.  But it does.  Even though I would be cleaning the kitchen and cleaning the bathroom etc. whether they are here or not.  

• Like 3

I am ALONE! It might only last a few minutes before someone comes barging back in the door but I absolutely love it when I'm the only human in the house. I don't know why it makes so much difference that I'm completely alone since often I'm alone in the room and others are in their rooms doing their own things. But it does. Even though I would be cleaning the kitchen and cleaning the bathroom etc. whether they are here or not.

You feel responsible for your children even when they're in different rooms. You listen for them and you always know where they are. When they're not in the house that part of you gets to relax. You can still worry about them, but your eyes and ears are not constantly open for their presence.

• Like 2

Renai:  Some blacks have a genetic mutation that makes them incredibly sensitive to sodium, which is apparently one of the reasons why the rate of people with hypertension is so much higher in blacks.

Not that I googled your medical issues.  Because that might be indicative of my being a teensy bit neurotic.  Which I'm not.  At all.

But now I'm really, really in favor of you trying the DASH diet. Just because.

• Like 6

Orange makes people hungry.  Thus, McDonalds.  Not good for a classroom. They need blue walls.

Yup.  Calming colors, like cool blues and greens and neutrals, are great.  Someone I know did a thesis on this, specifically on how it affects children in a classroom, though it extends to your home and children's rooms too.  So I've gone out of my way to try to avoid using the bright primary colors that fill the racks of education stores.  (At least, using them for things that are visible in our room, like cubbies, or bookshelves, or chairs, or tables).  A little bit is fine of course, but especially in small spaces like mine, too much is just overwhelming.  

• Like 1

I got teased with 1 like. Now I have none.

So likety, like, like.

Except Renai's bp numbers. I don't like automatic blood pressure machines. I like to take it the old fashioned way with a stethoscope and cuff. However I realize doing that yourself is kinda hard. (I have done this before)

Maybe try fresh batteries. I really wish that bottom number was lower.:)

• Like 1

I got teased with 1 like. Now I have none.

So likety, like, like.

Except Renai's bp numbers. I don't like automatic blood pressure machines. I like to take it the old fashioned way with a stethoscope and cuff. However I realize doing that yourself is kinda hard. (I have done this before)

Maybe try fresh batteries. I really wish that bottom number was lower. :)

The machine (Omron) and manual have been similar. I last got a manual reading with the school nurse the other day. It's reported on one of these pages.

• Like 1