Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ugh.

A lady told me the other day that when you are starting to feel sick, you should do what the Scandinavians do with their saunas and cold baths which will increase your white blood cells. Three minutes super hot shower then 30 seconds cold, 3 minutes hot/30 sec. cold, 3 min. hot/30 sec. cold.

I think I would probably have a heart attack.

There's proof right there that what works for some people doesn't work for others!  I have muscle problems.  The heat would feel good.  The cold would put my entire body in pain!  

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Thanks Dawn!  I was better this morning.  We made it to church again.   

Slache, it would be a blessing and an honor to be preggo with you.  But it would not be fun - at least not for me.

Jean, :grouphug: , hope you're feeling better and pick up no additional germs!

We have friends coming for dinner tonight, so I need to work on the house.  Someday people are going to stop coming over when I ask them.  Because mess.   

• Like 4

I do not feel up to going to church and normally would not go. Except that I'm probably going to have 3 or 4 new kids today. One is sick with a cold. But I think it would be very unwelcoming if I went to teach with a mask on. Sigh. Time to gird up those big girl panties and get through the morning.

What do you do at church?

:w00t:   No, pretty sure on that account.  :D   More likely something I ate. 

Yep.  We are at the same place in life at which seeing two lines would be a miracle and not a nice surprise.  :D

Ugh.

A lady told me the other day that when you are starting to feel sick, you should do what the Scandinavians do with their saunas and cold baths which will increase your white blood cells. Three minutes super hot shower then 30 seconds cold, 3 minutes hot/30 sec. cold, 3 min. hot/30 sec. cold.

I think I would probably have a heart attack.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• Like 4

Heard at lunch today:

Dd9: Mmmm...you should try mixing BBQ sauce and hummus - it's great!

Dd12: I like dipping my grapes in BBQ sauce.

Dd6: My cheese airplane failed.

Dh: What the?!? Oh, I thought there was a stem sticking out of this piece of chicken and was wondering what you have been up to in science class.

• Like 5

So, here's the newest drama in my life:

My brother Bob is a slacker. The other brothers and I cannot figure out what happened, but it is so. He married Brenda, who has a good job, and so for the most part things have worked out for him.

Before he met Brenda, he had a relationship with another woman whose name I cannot remember. They had a child together, whom they also named Bob, except they called him Little Bobby. Oh, the pain. Anyway, They were together for only a short time. She had custody of Bobby, plus a child from a previous relationship, plus a couple of children after. Then she died. Her parents wanted custody of Bobby and the others, but Bob and Brenda fought and won. We cannot figure out why. Bobby would have so much better off with his grandparents *and other siblings.* Because family.

So, grown-up Bobby is a druggie and is apparently living under a bridge in Seattle. :sad: He has a son with a woman (I don't know if they are married or not), and CPS in Washington has taken the child from her, and I'm assuming has terminated parental rights, because one of my other brothers received a letter in August asking if they would take the child. My brother thought I had gotten the same letter and so didn't say anything to me. He and sil are so, so tired of the Bob Chronicles that they did not want to be involved at all. I only found out Friday (two days ago). My sil thinks the child has already been placed, but I'm going to call CPS on Tuesday (gov't offices closed tomorrow for Columbus Day) and see what I can find out, because Mr. Ellie and I are willing to take this child into our home. Because family.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 9

DH took DS to play and look for sneakers today while I put in some OT from home.  They came back with $100 sneakers.  For an 8 yo who homeschools.  I'm a bit peeved.

They are cool, though.

This happened to me once.  While I was at work several years back, dh took a kid shopping for shoes and paid $60.  "They were the only ones he liked."  Well, I don't even pay $60 for my own shoes, and kids' shoes are like pouring your money down the drain because they outgrow them and destroy them so fast.  But at least it was not $100. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

Ellie, I liked your post, but I don't like it.  It is obviously horrifying!  You would be a great person to take this child into your home. Poor little Bobby and little Bobby's child.   :(

Thanks. I have already planned out curriculum and music/dance lessons and scouts and park days, lol.

I have sorrowed over my brother for years. :-( But I'm grieving over Little Bobby and the child. :crying:

• Like 3

Thanks. I have already planned out curriculum and music/dance lessons and scouts and park days, lol.

I have sorrowed over my brother for years. :-( But I'm grieving over Little Bobby and the child. :crying:

I knew you had planned it all.  <heart>

:grouphug:  Such a tangled web going back for so many years.

• Like 3

This happened to me once.  While I was at work several years back, dh took ds (age 9 at the time) shopping for shoes and paid $60.  "They were the only ones he liked."  Well, I don't even pay $60 for my own shoes, and kids' shoes are like pouring your money down the drain because they outgrow them and destroy them so fast.  But at least it was not $100.  I said nothing to dh, but I carped to my office mate.  Still remember that day. :hat:

Yeah, I made a comment, very calm, about how I was going to go out and buy myself plants for my garden since I just worked OT.  :)

And how I hoped they held up well.

• Like 1

I can't think of anyone better to love, care for, and teach that precious child.  Good luck!

ETA: Added in the love.

• Like 5

Doesn't he go to school? I thought you were an after schooler.

He goes to daycare for a few hours a day between DH's start time and my end time.  But I hardly think that is justification for $100 sneakers. 

We homeschool mostly evenings, so I totally understand the confusion! :)  But no, he has never set foot in a public school building.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

• Like 5

He goes to daycare for a few hours a day between DH's start time and my end time. But I hardly think that is justification for $100 sneakers.

We homeschool mostly evenings, so I totally understand the confusion! :) But no, he has never set foot in a public school building. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I'm not a $100 sneakers person under any circumstances. I buy myself and Matt very good shoes and the kids will get good shoes later, but for now the light up variety seem to be good enough.

• Like 5

He is three or four years old. I keep saying "baby," but he isn't, really. And he's old enough to be aware of the situation, and to be traumatized. :crying:

That's ok. He's still a baby. :)

14 years with you will make an amazing difference in his life. You have no idea what a difference you will make.

• Like 2