• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I think I'd like a condo on the beach with cleaning service and full maintenance included.  The closest thing to a dress would be a t-shirt dress/cover up.  I would raise nothing.  I would grow nothing.  I might have a cat.  People I love could skype me or come rent the condo next door and schedule time with me, lol.   :hat:   (Seriously, it sounds so peaceful.) 

Not to change the subject or anything, but I just wanted to think about this again. 

• Like 6

Back to more recent topics.... nice book discussion.  I have a nice Landmark collection going.  Confession:  I'm not in the mood for read alouds much this year.  I don't know what happened to me - I had great plans last spring.  Was even contemplating a full return to ambleside online.  But we seem to be focusing on skill over content this year and normally I would not stand for such a soul-sucking thing to occur.  (Might be a mild case of burnout. :leaving: )  

• Like 5

Besides the fact that you missed your BOOYA.....

I was talking to a friend today at church whose husband had surgery on his knee. Terrible injury from chasing the cat. Kitteh was running through the house, Mr. Friendsdh was chasing him and tripped on a rug and hit the coffee table. Awful, awful. My friend said the kitteh had been jumping on their bedroom door because he wanted food and she said she didn't know why he thought he was starving, and I said "because cat." She didn't get it. She said she had told her dh before not to chase the cat but he didn't listen, and she was so tempted to say "I told you so." She didn't understand why he didn't understand why she was always right. I said "because wife." She didn't get it.

:crying:

Because ITT. 

We got it, Ellie-dear.    

• Like 6

Happy Saturday!!!!!

I got to sleep until 8am. Ds20 took dd15 to marching band. She has practice and then 2 competitions today. DH will meet up with them at first competition, and then Ds20 will go to work.

The twins and I will probably stay in since I am not completely well yet. I am feeling better, and I want to continue to get well. So stay in I must.:)

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

• Like 4

Happy Saturday!!!!!

I got to sleep until 8am. Ds20 took dd15 to marching band. She has practice and then 2 competitions today. DH will meet up with them at first competition, and then Ds20 will go to work.

The twins and I will probably stay in since I am not completely well yet. I am feeling better, and I want to continue to get well. So stay in I must. :)

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

I'm so glad you are feeling better!  Have a quiet, relaxing morning.

And best wishes to Dd on her competitions! 

• Like 5

I need to be cleaning, but I would rather study candle-making techniques. I also have forms to create and paperwork to print out. But candles. If I get right on it I might be able to finish by the time dh gets back and then I can have a car to get to Aldi and the library, and maybe a swing by the thrift store.

There are lot of helpful youtube videos on candle making. What should we have for dinner tonight?

• Like 5

Go to bed! 

I'm outta here.

I won!

#toooily

#eatmorchikin

I don't like chicken.

Did you read the post in chat of mystery baby mice falling from nowhere in the posters basement???

That was very upsetting.

Ellie, Dd3 is convinced that your siggy pic is a pic of her.  "See how much the woofy dog wuvs me?" she says.  

Mary says it's her baby.

• Like 4

Wow. I'm today's top poster. I need to go fold and parent and read.

I asked Matt to make me some coffee and he made me 5 cups! What kind of woman does he think I am?

I don't normally like these but I thought this was good... Chuck Norris counted to infinity. Twice.

Bye.

• Like 4

That's legume to you, missy!

You are a peanut.

Besides the fact that you missed your BOOYA.....

I was talking to a friend today at church whose husband had surgery on his knee. Terrible injury from chasing the cat. Kitteh was running through the house, Mr. Friendsdh was chasing him and tripped on a rug and hit the coffee table. Awful, awful. My friend said the kitteh had been jumping on their bedroom door because he wanted food and she said she didn't know why he thought he was starving, and I said "because cat." She didn't get it. She said she had told her dh before not to chase the cat but he didn't listen, and she was so tempted to say "I told you so." She didn't understand why he didn't understand why she was always right. I said "because wife." She didn't get it.

:crying:

Because________.  A complete sentence.

Back to more recent topics.... nice book discussion.  I have a nice Landmark collection going.  Confession:  I'm not in the mood for read alouds much this year.  I don't know what happened to me - I had great plans last spring.  Was even contemplating a full return to ambleside online.  But we seem to be focusing on skill over content this year and normally I would not stand for such a soul-sucking thing to occur.  (Might be a mild case of burnout. :leaving: )  

I read aloud far too much last year, and now it feels burdensome this year.  Burnout, the struggle is real.

Kitty has taken over my inbox.

photo.jpg

Kitteh knows that she IS the entire inbox.  Because cat.

I need to be cleaning, but I would rather study candle-making techniques. I also have forms to create and paperwork to print out. But candles. If I get right on it I might be able to finish by the time dh gets back and then I can have a car to get to Aldi and the library, and maybe a swing by the thrift store.

There are lot of helpful youtube videos on candle making. What should we have for dinner tonight?

Once again, the struggle is real.

• Like 6

If you get right on candle making? or paperwork?  I'm not sure you need more coffee if you're already planning candle making, errand running, and dinner fixing.  Those three things cannot all happen in the same day in my world.

#lazy

• Like 2

I came here for some relief, hoping to find an oasis, a shelter from the storm that is my basement.

You give me this?????

I agree!!!  I was disappointed that I did not get to see the mummified dead rabbit at the Trash Bash, but baby mice falling from the ceiling???  That is something out of a Stephen King novel.

• Like 4

If you get right on candle making? or paperwork? I'm not sure you need more coffee if you're already planning candle making, errand running, and dinner fixing. Those three things cannot all happen in the same day in my world.

#lazy

Well, dd9 threw up, so candle making is definitely out...though I suspect it would have had to wait a couple weeks anyway. Dinner is going to be spaghetti. My forms and printouts are all taken care of, and now I am just waiting for dh to get home and then I get some "alone time" - just me and the Aldi shoppers and library book finders. :)

• Like 5

I have never seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind (except for this mashed potatoes scene). Better get on that.

We should have a movie night, and all of us watch the same movie at the same time in our respective homes, and then come back here to discuss it. :hat:

Close Encounters really is a classic movie.

• Like 6

I made a comma splice in the above reply, and I hate myself for it.  Also, sentence fragment.

Because sloppy.

I noticed those sentence fragments. I thought, "Texasmama has two sentence fragments in a row. Hm."

Gymnast wants to go to the library after open gym today. She's been saying this week that we never go to the library. So I'm taking her. I'm bringing my laptop so I can work on homework. I'm begging and pleading the professor to grade my late work.

I will also be taking another day off next week. I wish it were two...it possibly could be, except I have the worst class in the grade level and they need loads of discipline and consistency. But, I need to pass, so there's that. Yes, it is that bad right now. I wish I could take off the week.

• Like 4

Well, dd9 threw up, so candle making is definitely out...though I suspect it would have had to wait a couple weeks anyway. Dinner is going to be spaghetti. My forms and printouts are all taken care of, and now I am just waiting for dh to get home and then I get some "alone time" - just me and the Aldi shoppers and library book finders. :)

Sorry about dd.  Hope she made it to the bathroom.  Or a bowl.  Or at least a hard floor.  Enjoy your time alone!

• Like 3