Menu

Ignore this thread!

Wow!  That is amazing!  She remembers more about my life than I do!

Did you steal that from me?  I have a t-shirt that says "World's Okayest Mom".

I'm so glad you know what a crisper is.  (I read further down...)

I saw it on a T shirt on Cafe Press. I want it.

It worked for me the second time. It was strange.

You're hot.

First time posting on my phone. I'll figure this out sooner or later.

I didn't.

KWIM?

ETA:  Booya!

This non-h booya is dedicated to Slache.

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that never ends...

:001_wub:

• Like 2

So, yesterday I upgraded my cell phone (Samsung-something-or-other to Samsung...6?). And I got a tablet for free, some sort of promotion I didn't even know about. Yay me. It has a Kindle app. I have a Nook, which is old in device years; we chose not to get one that was Internet-capable because we didn't think I'd really need it. So now I have a Kindle, as well. I can get Harry Potter for my Kindle. But I can get more free books (old ones, you know, which are sometimes the best kind) for the Nook. Anyway. Now I have lots of devices. Just because I'm old does not mean I'm out of touch. :hat:

• Like 8

I'd like to try out being too thin, just to see how that feels...

For myself (being middle aged and all), I've noticed that middle aged women who are on the thinner side look older. I do't know if having a little more fat fills out your skin better, but a lot of gals I've seen just don't look all that great after they lose weight. Especially their neck looks weird.
  • Like 5

I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. However I have to brag about this, and you all are my only friends....

DD15 had a marching competition this evening, and they came in first place, plus they cleaned up the other awards in their class: best music, best drum major, best general effects, best pit crew. The only one they did not get was best percussion.

We have been hoping and praying for recognition like this for the last 10 years. I am so proud of ds20 and dd15. The show, City of Angels, is amazing. I have high hopes of making it to state this year. It would be their first year. Last year they missed it by .5 of a point

Please excuse typos, incorrect punctuation, etc. I actually dozed a couple of times typing this.

• Like 10

I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. However I have to brag about this, and you all are my only friends....

DD15 had a marching competition this evening, and they came in first place, plus they cleaned up the other awards in their class: best music, best drum major, best general effects, best pit crew. The only one they did not get was best percussion.

We have been hoping and praying for recognition like this for the last 10 years. I am so proud of ds20 and dd15. The show, City of Angels, is amazing. I have high hopes of making it to state this year. It would be their first year. Last year they missed it by .5 of a point

Please excuse typos, incorrect punctuation, etc. I actually dozed a couple of times typing this.

That is really cool.  :)

(And I am sure we are not your only friends!)

• Like 1

Dawn, that's fantastic!!  Congratulations.  I was in Marching Band in highschool; I know those awards don't come easily.  Was your ds in the band in high school too? 

• Like 3

Dawn, that's fantastic!! Congratulations. I was in Marching Band in highschool; I know those awards don't come easily. Was your ds in the band in high school too?

[/quote

Yes, ds20 was in marching band for 7 years. The program had just been started, and the farthest we got was semi-state. He is now a hornline instructor for the band part time.

They work so hard, 3-4 hours of practice every Tuesday and Thursday, 2 weeks in the summer, and every Saturday in August thru October. I never had that much dedication at their age unless I was chasing some boy.:D

Thanks Lynn.:)

• Like 4

Dawn, that's fantastic!! Congratulations. I was in Marching Band in highschool; I know those awards don't come easily. Was your ds in the band in high school too?

[/quote

Yes, ds20 was in marching band for 7 years. The program had just been started, and the farthest we got was semi-state. He is now a hornline instructor for the band part time.

They work so hard, 3-4 hours of practice every Tuesday and Thursday, 2 weeks in the summer, and every Saturday in August thru October. I never had that much dedication at their age unless I was chasing some boy.:D

Thanks Lynn.:)

We did youth band for a couple of years, one year with a nationally-known band (dd was color guard). It was fun, but not something we wanted to do forever.

• Like 3

Dawn, that's great! How neat that your ds is still involved. I played french horn (mellophone in marching band). My older brother played baritone (as did both my parents back in the day!) and he was drum major (as was my Dad in high school and college.)

Wow! That is so cool. I was just going to ask what instrument you played. Ds played trombone and baritone and dd plays flute.

• Like 2

Congratulations, Dawn! I remember being in marching band in junior high and just loved it!
  • Like 3

My turn to "brag." I'm back from C25K week 7 day 2. But I also have to confess, I paused it to walk about 1.5 minutes when I was two-thirds of the way through because I was on a super, huge hill. (I went a different way than usual if that's any defense.)

Congratulations to you, too! I have wanted to take up jogging, but my body absolutely does not agree with my mind on that one and so.... I walk for exercise.
  • Like 5

I would just like to point out, apropos of nothing, that I have no warning points.

That is all. :hat:

Me, neither.

Why oh why does my old cat like to sit next to me and pass gas every hour or so???  :confused1:

We have an 8 year old cat, and she started passing terrible gas when we got the kitten because she was eating the kitten's food.  I switched them both to adult food, and she has no more gas so I would try a food change.  It's not ideal for the kitten, but I could not keep the adult cat out of her food so I gave up.

Home from church. Mr. Ellie will be home in awhile and we'll go out to dinner. Then I can put on my jammies for the rest of the day. Which means no foundation garments. Awesome.

I am jealous.  Have to go out later to a meeting.  I just decided that the four hours in between are worthy of tank with shelf bra rather than the rack 'em up and hold 'em tight contraption.

FWIW, I think guitar would be hard too. 

College girl was a piano player (reluctantly) for about 6-7 years and then was easily able to teach herself guitar from her piano knowledge.

• Like 5