Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm trying to recover from my trip to town and back and get to work on the house.  I ate "lunch" - a chocolate protein bar that I spread a thick layer of peanut butter on top of.  Because peanut butter.  #foodofthegods.  Now I'm having an iced decaf coffee (with sweet n low, vanilla and milk).  I'm still thinking of doing my desk, shelves and school piles first as that seems more satisfying than other cleaning tasks.  I think if kids were gone for the day and I turned on music I could knock this out.  Heck if kids were gone and I had music, I might be able to conquer the world. 

I'm currently working on my presentation that I outlined on paper at around 2am this morning. I have another 25 with this, then I'm going Konmari on my clothes. I'll see what I can knock out in 1 hour. In the meantime, dd right now is watching Smile of a Child while she eats the breakfast she put together (cherries, banana, bread, cheese stick, chocolate coconut milk), then she wants to watercolor. I'll put on either music or stories during that time. I wonder how long she'll stay cooperative?

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm seriously considering a part-time nanny for the mornings if I take this job. Then she would bring Little to my class for the second session. Dd is so not a morning person. Then I wouldn't have to rearrange her gymnastics class (Monday @ 10), and she could go to the Botanical Garden activities every week. And, I'd have someone to call when I have to go to all day training. It really wouldn't cost too much more than all day daycare.

• Like 5

I'm seriously considering a part-time nanny for the mornings if I take this job. Then she would bring Little to my class for the second session. Dd is so not a morning person. Then I wouldn't have to rearrange her gymnastics class (Monday @ 10), and she could go to the Botanical Garden activities every week. And, I'd have someone to call when I have to go to all day training. It really wouldn't cost too much more than all day daycare.

Would that even be worth it financially to take the job then?

Would that even be worth it financially to take the job then?

Yes. Since I and the girls still would qualify for Medicaid, I won't have to pay insurance, which is a huge hunk of the check. I would still have a good size check left over.

• Like 3

Well, I'm still digging out clothes. At one point of time (I refuse to say when), my girls were playing in the closet and knocked a whole lot of our clothes down to the floor. That, on top of the boxes of baby clothes they played with and never put away, equals piles of clothes to dig through just to find mine. (You are getting an idea of the state of my home.) I'm almost done with pulling out my clothes- maybe 10 more minutes. Little is outside, so I'll be moving my work to the living room (for sorting) to keep an eye on her.

• Like 2

Good! I totally understand where you're coming from with not wanting to tell your husband. We do the same thing. But depending on the situation you really need your honey's support.

Here is how it went. He first admonished the kids that they must be diligent in their chores and help mommy extra and be quiet when she takes a nap today. Then he asked if there was anything he could do, aside from picking up ice cream on the way home from work. :) (I heart dh)

• Like 6

Here is how it went. He first admonished the kids that they must be diligent in their chores and help mommy extra and be quiet when she takes a nap today. Then he asked if there was anything he could do, aside from picking up ice cream on the way home from work. :) (I heart dh)

I have a good one too. :)

• Like 1

I have made a list of the materials we need for school and that I need to order. Now I need a shot of Powdermilk Biscuits.

(“Powdermilk biscuits: Heavens, they're tasty and expeditious! They're made from whole wheat, to give shy/exhausted/stressed out persons the strength to get up and do what needs to be done.â€

from The Prairie Home Companion)

So, I'm back. I've noticed that a lot of my sentences are starting with "so." Anyway, I laid dd4 down and took off her shoes. Noticed she stuffed her shoes with a bunch of paper clips from the principal's desk. hangs head down in shame

• Like 6

That's awesome. (Paperclip story)

Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that never ends...

(So here's a fun fact about Susan in TN. It upset me that I couldn't remember all the words, so I made an official note on my iPad called "ITT Theme Song" so I can copy and paste it in if the need ever arises.)

• Like 4

(So here's a fun fact about Susan in TN. It upset me that I couldn't remember all the words, so I made an official note on my iPad called "ITT Theme Song" so I can copy and paste it in if the need ever arises.)

See, I was going to do that and paste to google docs under the exact same name, then couldn't find the second verse. Now that you have it all together again, I can copy and paste. :D

• Like 5

Did you ever just know that you are tired and once you hit the couch that was the end of your productivity so you pressed on toward the prize with that last ounce of your energy so you could sit on the couch guilt-free and mess around on the forums?

Yeah, that's what I got goin' here.   :D

Me.  Except tonight.

So I'm here!  And catching up on several pages. 

• Like 3