• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Responding to a post from May 31 and still not caught up??? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

At least she's not 100 pages behind like I am.  :ohmy:  My in-laws will be here on Friday to visit for 2 weeks and spoil the grandkids. That should give me enough time to catch up!!

Glad to see everyone is still ignoring it. 

• Like 4

I have enjoyed so much reading about kittens, hula, honorary Texans, Grand Poobahs, wisdom teeth drugs, crazy driving stories, diagnosing people, song/movie/tv references, booya/booyah, and Nanâ¤ï¸.

Wow. I'm impressed. You passed the test.

• Like 2

At least she's not 100 pages behind like I am. :ohmy: My in-laws will be here on Friday to visit for 2 weeks and spoil the grandkids. That should give me enough time to catch up!!

Glad to see everyone is still ignoring it.

No kidding you're behind. I forgot you were a thing!

• Like 1

Well, I must say, it was highly entertaining and quite easy to accomplish while ignoring the schooling of children, cleaning of house, and cooking of meals. 😳 Actually, today I told the kids we were going to play a new game called 'salon'. I was the customer, who had to do important 'work' on her iPad, and they were to rub my feet and neck. They quite liked the game, and kept it going by insisting the ma'am (what they call customers lol) sit down and finish her work while they made dinner. We had salad, avocado, and hard boiled eggs. I'm calling that home EC, and a homeschool win.

I also told them I'd pay them $.10 per weed that they pulled from the garden beds, and they racked up more than $30! 😣 Oops.

• Like 10

I forgot too. Just a temporary thing, like a ship in the night. Or a louse on the head. 

:smilielol5:

So happy you're back!  

ETA:  >>>>>ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!<<<<<<<<<

MY NEXT POST WILL POST #1000 FOR ME.  IT MUST BE GOOD.   SO UNTIL I FIGURE OUT SOMETHING WORTHWHILE, EVERYTHING I SAY WILL HAVE TO BE AN ETA.  

ETA #2:  I'm friending you new and newish people.  :-)  Very impressed you read the whole thing, GM.  

ETA: #3:  Slache--- No.  I'm really nice.  She likes me best.  End of discussion. 

• Like 4

And I'm not bothering with anymore of your ETAs. I have better things to do.

POST #1000, then, is dedicated to you (mostly because it's my bedtime).  And here it is…...

:001_tt2: 

PS- sorry about your mullet.   :nopity:

• Like 2

O.M.G.

really?

You must see Firefly.

Um yes - I think it may be ITT "required watching". (Along with The Princess Bride - ahem Slacheypoo) I am not much for sci-fi in general, but this is a must see. I still have deep sorrow that there is no chance of the series continuing.

• Like 1

cue heebee jeebee dance

SO there I was minding my own business, cleaning out the cesspool that is my boy's bedroom, when I notice one of the huge spiders currently infesting my house crawling down the front of my shirt.  I am extremely phobic of spiders.  Can't scream because dd7 is asleep in the room ajoining the the boys.  Use a dirty to sock to squish it, or so I think, get up from floor and look under sock no spider, look around me, it is now crawling up the back of my leg.  jump up and down and use another sock to brush it off.  Run from bedroom vowing to let them keep it a mess, and go have a shower.  My kids are laughing at me that I needed to shower in the middle of the night because a spider crawled on me.  They just don't get it, those things are nasty.  My heart is still racing and I am starting to feel sick to my stomach due to the surge of cortisol (or could be the adrenaline- dr's aren't sure which one is making me physically ill when I get stressed, but if I get a surge like that I get sick).  *shudder*

• Like 2

My kids have been wild today so I forbid screens and made them clean the house.

When Nan's nighttime caregiver came, I offered her the kids.

She laughed like I was making a joke.

Go Texasmama!

Nan sat up and asked for Dr. Pepper yesterday. Today, she ate a quarter of a banana. :)

Go Nan!!  That's amazing!

(And I ran out of likes just before I got to these.)

Well, I must say, it was highly entertaining and quite easy to accomplish while ignoring the schooling of children, cleaning of house, and cooking of meals. 😳 Actually, today I told the kids we were going to play a new game called 'salon'. I was the customer, who had to do important 'work' on her iPad, and they were to rub my feet and neck. They quite liked the game, and kept it going by insisting the ma'am (what they call customers lol) sit down and finish her work while they made dinner. We had salad, avocado, and hard boiled eggs. I'm calling that home EC, and a homeschool win.

I also told them I'd pay them $.10 per weed that they pulled from the garden beds, and they racked up more than $30! 😣 Oops.

Awwww, I remember when my kids were young enough to fall for that.  That's definitely a homeschool win!

• Like 5

Swellmama, I hear you. I feel like that with roaches. Shudder. I would have taken a shower too. (Don't know how to do the hug icon thingy, so pretend this is a HUG)

I have a friend! 😠Yay! Now, what does that mean? I didn't even know 'friends' were a thing. 😳 Do we get special privileges? Does this mean I can come to the sleepover??? (Insert socially awkward but hopeful icon here) I'll bring cookies! And drinks! And cupcakes! ðŸªðŸ¸ðŸŽ‚

• Like 4

WARNING-homeschool related post ahead. Sorry.

Slache-what did you decide to do for math for your Ds? My dad is also four, and sounds similar...she wants to 'do achool' because she sees her sisters doing it, but I'm a little unsure of what to do with her. She isn't really into workbooks, and definitely has her own ideas about how things should be done lol. We've done a bit of C-Rod work, and she's done the ETC A and B books. I have the al abacus, and book, but I'm not sure where to start with a little kiddo....

• Like 1

You still have friends. Sorry it's not mutual in your mind, but your page says otherwise. :tongue_smilie:

I just don't see the point. I love that when I post a status update that I get comments from random people, and mishaps like this thread create new relationships, but I don't get the friend thing.

Um yes - I think it may be ITT "required watching". (Along with The Princess Bride - ahem Slacheypoo) I am not much for sci-fi in general, but this is a must see. I still have deep sorrow that there is no chance of the series continuing.

Then why would I bother starting it?

• Like 1

I don't remember seeing the princess bride. Definitely haven't seen Firefly. Haven't heard of most of the other shows, except I think dh worked on Revolution...it sounds familiar. I'll ask him when he wakes up. I'm not much of a TV person. I like documentaries. I'm weird.

• Like 2

cue heebee jeebee dance

SO there I was minding my own business, cleaning out the cesspool that is my boy's bedroom, when I notice one of the huge spiders currently infesting my house crawling down the front of my shirt. I am extremely phobic of spiders. Can't scream because dd7 is asleep in the room ajoining the the boys. Use a dirty to sock to squish it, or so I think, get up from floor and look under sock no spider, look around me, it is now crawling up the back of my leg. jump up and down and use another sock to brush it off. Run from bedroom vowing to let them keep it a mess, and go have a shower. My kids are laughing at me that I needed to shower in the middle of the night because a spider crawled on me. They just don't get it, those things are nasty. My heart is still racing and I am starting to feel sick to my stomach due to the surge of cortisol (or could be the adrenaline- dr's aren't sure which one is making me physically ill when I get stressed, but if I get a surge like that I get sick). *shudder*

He just thought you were pretty! I'm sorry you don't feel well.

WARNING-homeschool related post ahead. Sorry.

Slache-what did you decide to do for math for your Ds? My dad is also four, and sounds similar...she wants to 'do achool' because she sees her sisters doing it, but I'm a little unsure of what to do with her. She isn't really into workbooks, and definitely has her own ideas about how things should be done lol. We've done a bit of C-Rod work, and she's done the ETC A and B books. I have the al abacus, and book, but I'm not sure where to start with a little kiddo....

We've loved Education Unboxed and I highly recommend it. He wants to do Miquon and I found this pre-miquon book for free online and printed it out. He thinks it's great. I'll link it when I turn the computer on. I'm buying the RightStart games kit next paycheck. That seems like a great way to exercise his brain without constantly progressing in difficulty. He's very impressive in his reading and writing abilities, but his math skills are pretty blah. He loves numbers and concepts, but he's not one of those kids that should have a math curriculum at this age. If I were to buy a curriculum it would have been RightStart A or MUS Primer because those two are not dependent on mastery, they're just exposure.
  • Like 2