• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Renai, my WOSS is here. Super high quality, comfortable straps, a great getting started guide with 18 moves. I'll probably tape it to the wall and download a tabata app to get started.

Eta: The guide: http://www.woss.com/need-some-tips-on-how-to-use-your-woss-trainer/

Ah, so it's using your body weight, right? I didn't get how it was supposed to be used.

Nope. It won't work.

I have a crockpot, a deep-fryer, a Ninja, a Kitchenaid mixer. I never use any of them. Ever.

I occasionally use the Belgian waffle maker.

An IP would require planning ahead.

Nope. It won't work. :)

ETA: What an awesome I Never Did Yield to Peer Pressure BOOYAH!

You are such a rebel!

I guess the IP makes sense for me because I use my rice and slow cookers frequently (several times a week). And I frequently have dinner issues because I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer and my oven isn't working.

On the other hand, I have a blender that my kids use once in a while, and a Cuisinart food processor that I got as a gift a couple years ago and have used once. I am too lazy to clean those stupid things when I could do the same job sort of with a knife.

• Like 3

When I woke up this morning I felt good. I didn't realize how terrible I'd felt until I didn't feel that way. I knew I couldn't work out or do much housework, but I had this terrible weakness. You know how you have 2 levels of energy, the one that lets you do strenuous activities and the underlying one that lets you do the laundry? My laundry one was broken. I didn't know why. I was miserable though. Feeling better now. Not 5K better, but I think I'll get back to making dinner and school.

All my energy levels are broken. 

I assumed. I also assume you pay a really nasty price energy wise for doing things like cleaning out the garage. You've mentioned the pain but I imagine they go hand in hand.

True dat. 

:iagree:  :cheers2:  Slache, I'm glad you're feeling better!

• Like 4

Last night at dinner I told the kids that I was so tired I wasn't sure that I could remember my name.  They were disappointed when I could.  (They asked.  Some of my kids are very literal...)

A few hours later, dd13 looked at me and asked, "What's your middle name?".  I opened my mouth to say "Faith" before I realized that it was, indeed, the wrong name.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 9

Last night at dinner I told the kids that I was so tired I wasn't sure that I could remember my name. They were disappointed when I could. (They asked. Some of my kids are very literal...)

A few hours later, dd13 looked at me and asked, "What's your middle name?". I opened my mouth to say "Faith" before I realized that it was, indeed, the wrong name. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For whatever reason I've been signing my maiden name recently. Our 10th anniversary is in November. Fortunately my handwriting is so bad nobody notices.
  • Like 7

Ya know, I didn't give a thought to where I was going to put this thing...

I finish garden communion, I'm going to finally take a look at it.

I don't buy something unless I have a place to put it. I just recently learned that not everyone does that. I have mental problems.

I was never a slave to trends but this forum has convinced me to do a *lot*. KonMari, Whole30, Instant Pot, Chiropractor, Cuisenaire Rods, Classical Conversations materials, Reading Lessons Through Literature, become an elephant ninja. I was a trendsetter in high school. Remember those little finger skateboards? I took the wheels off those and made earrings out of them. I was so cool. Now I'm a sheep. Not even a sheep in a jeep, but a sheep in a minivan.

• Like 5

You are such a rebel!

I guess the IP makes sense for me because I use my rice and slow cookers frequently (several times a week). And I frequently have dinner issues because I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer and my oven isn't working.

On the other hand, I have a blender that my kids use once in a while, and a Cuisinart food processor that I got as a gift a couple years ago and have used once. I am too lazy to clean those stupid things when I could do the same job sort of with a knife.

My twin!

• Like 3

Why is daycare ending?  Did I miss something?

We have finally let him stay home for a few hours here and there by himself, and starting Aug 1st DH moves from training days to his FT night schedule.  So there will be no more need for daycare.  Also, while DS wanted to go this summer, it only took a month before he was done with the "annoying little kids" and the "controlling, mean" teachers (they are nice - he just doesn't like having to follow all of the "little kid" rules which are put in place by every daycare everywhere).  He has a few friends there whom he wanted to see and hang out with this summer, but apparently that no longer outweighs the annoyance factor.

He got a taste of staying home alone. 'nough said? :D

• Like 7

Ya know, I didn't give a thought to where I was going to put this thing...

I finish garden communion, I'm going to finally take a look at it.

I have decided to take away my "food processor/dust collector" and put the IP there. Or when I get rid of my rice cooker, it might also fit in its spot in the cabinet. Happy gardening!

• Like 5

It is morning. I was woken up in the middle of a dream. I hate that because it is so jarring.

I had a dream last night that I was so angry at dh that I got in the car and drove off. I was still angry at him when I woke up, but I couldn't remember why. I blame hormones and lack of coffee.

• Like 5

We have finally let him stay home for a few hours here and there by himself, and starting Aug 1st DH moves from training days to his FT night schedule.  So there will be no more need for daycare.  Also, while DS wanted to go this summer, it only took a month before he was done with the "annoying little kids" and the "controlling, mean" teachers (they are nice - he just doesn't like having to follow all of the "little kid" rules which are put in place by every daycare everywhere).  He has a few friends there whom he wanted to see and hang out with this summer, but apparently that no longer outweighs the annoyance factor.

He got a taste of staying home alone. 'nough said? :D

Yay for no more daycare.  Yay for saving $$$!

• Like 4

Yay for no more daycare.  Yay for saving $$$!

I know, right?

ETA:  What he doesn't realize is it opens up more time for...wait for it...

HOMESCHOOL!  MATH!  LEARNING!  Yay!!!!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 8

I know, right?

ETA:  What he doesn't realize is it opens up more time for...wait for it...

HOMESCHOOL!  MATH!  LEARNING!  Yay!!!!

I won't tell.  He'll also have time to clean the house, do the laundry.... Bwahahaha!

• Like 3

I won't tell.  He'll also have time to clean the house, do the laundry.... Bwahahaha!

He was so mad when his "strip the beds every weekend" chore recently became: strip the beds, carry the linens downstairs, put them in the washer, add the detergent and start the washer.

Bwahahaha! 

#meanmommy

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 5

And we have the kitchenaid only because it belonged to my (deceased) mil. And I have 5 girls. Somebody will surely want it, and so it sits on my kitchen counter collecting dust. Dh uses it once it a while.

I forgot about the kitchenaid. I hardly use it but dd uses it all the time for her bakery business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

Alex is laying here squishing my bOOks with his hands and sucking on a pillow. He looks so irritated but will not be corrected. He's very stubborn. One of my favorite things is when he's upset and crying and I put a pacifier in his mouth and he starts to calm down but he grunts and scrunches his face because he's upset that it's calming down.

• Like 4

Alex is laying here squishing my bOOks with his hands and sucking on a pillow. He looks so irritated but will not be corrected. He's very stubborn. One of my favorite things is when he's upset and crying and I put a pacifier in his mouth and he starts to calm down but he grunts and scrunches his face because he's upset that it's calming down.

So...he takes after you, right? :D

• Like 4

My mother in law buys me one every year and they've all gotten tossed. The same conversation every summer. "Do you have a _________?" "No, I would never use one." Then that's what I get for Christmas. 10 years. She says I'm selfish for throwing them away. She's gotten me 4 deep fryers. 

I just realized something about this. She doesn't buy me things, she buys her things to store at my house. She said things like "Please don't throw this away because I'd like to borrow it" when we lived out there and now she says "I'd like to use this while I'm out here so make sure you keep it." She bought me a pie cutter one (financially straining) year and I reminded her that I could cut a pie perfectly with a knife and she replied "Yeah, but I can't." I guess I'm an idiot for not picking up on it sooner. It just never dawned on me that someone would do this.

I just realized something about this. She doesn't buy me things, she buys her things to store at my house. She said things like "Please don't throw this away because I'd like to borrow it" when we lived out there and now she says "I'd like to use this while I'm out here so make sure you keep it." She bought me a pie cutter one (financially straining) year and I reminded her that I could cut a pie perfectly with a knife and she replied "Yeah, but I can't." I guess I'm an idiot for not picking up on it sooner. It just never dawned on me that someone would do this.

Huh. Maybe you could charge her a storage fee!

• Like 1

"I didn't throw it away, I sold it. (It was to cover the storage fees, and make room for something I really wanted.)"

It's a in-yo-face-mil BOOYA!

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

"I didn't throw it away, I sold it. (It was to cover the storage fees, and make room for something I really wanted.)"

It's a in-yo-face-mil BOOYA!

Unfortunately she only buys really bad quality or used so I wouldn't even feel comfortable giving them away. She keeps the original boxes of things she buys so she can give them away when she's finished. I know she's done that to me several times. New sandwich makers don't come rusted!

Do you use a rinse agent in your dishwasher? What kind?

I had to google this. We use heated drying.

• Like 1

Perhaps you could suggest that she buy these things for herself.  She can always pack them to bring with her when she visits. 

• Like 2