Menu

Ignore this thread!

FIL's passing anniversary is in two days. Matt said he doesn't know what day it was earlier this month but since he was notified over Facebook message by his lovely sister it's super easy to check and he might know now. Am I supposed to do anything? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

Work and school!!

My Home Ec class starts today. It’s a tiny little class again this year, but I will do my best with these young’uns. I revamped the class, hoping to make it more user friendly. It meets in Zoom twice a week and then they do work asynchronously the other three days. Last year I had no idea what i was doing. This year I think I have a bit of a clue.

It’s hot again. Not unreasonable hot, but hot nonetheless. I am so ready for summer to be done.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

FIL's passing anniversary is in two days. Matt said he doesn't know what day it was earlier this month but since he was notified over Facebook message by his lovely sister it's super easy to check and he might know now. Am I supposed to do anything? 

Take your cues from Matt. Do you think he would appreciate some sort of gesture? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We had cheesecake and took a family walk.  I'd just ask him if there's anything special he'd like to do or favorite meal or something.  He might just want to get through the day/week for the next year or two.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Take your cues from Matt. Do you think he would appreciate some sort of gesture? 

I don't think so? I've not lost a parent though.

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We had cheesecake and took a family walk.  I'd just ask him if there's anything special he'd like to do or favorite meal or something.  He might just want to get through the day/week for the next year or two.

Thank you. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

The Mysterious Flutterer was quiet and I got back to sleep.  When I woke up this morning I realized that it was very likely just a moth.

I forgot to feed the pup last night so I gave him a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese on some food this morning.

I have to walk Pup and later this morning drive to the tutorial to pick up a packet of schoolwork for dd14.

Coffee!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slache said:

My husband has never done anything to mark his mother's death.

My father was in the army so I think about him on Memorial Day, Fourth of July (which is near the anniversary) and Veterans Day. Also his birthday. But there's really no outward acknowledging.

For the anniversary of my stepdad's death, I like to listen to organ music or his favorite song. And we still celebrate his birthday by having his favorite kind of ice cream.

I don't do anything special to honor my first or second stepmother.

I like to honor some of my grandparents who have passed by having their favorite dessert on their birthday. And I will usually tell the kids a story or two.

• Like 4

Alex has been looking at his new Greek all day. He's vury excited. I haven't been able to keep the older two out of their science. Hopefully it's a good year.

I'm exhausted from cleaning. 

I got FIL's anniversary wrong by a month. I didn't bring it up, just realized that I was wrong. 

No update on Medusa. 

• Like 5

We survived the AFSA.  I actually meal planned for this week. Swedish meat balls tomorrow, Sunday is chicken pot pie, Monday is beef stroganoff, Tuesday is pasta and sausage, Wednesday is pulled pork sandwiches. Thursday we’re going to my Mom’s.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Dd20 is also very excited about Greek.  She's in second year and gets just a little giddy when her professor schedules quizzes, lol.  He also speaks Japanese so they have a bit of fun with that as well.

Dd14 has asked me to go to the store today to buy liver for a science experiment.  I'm so tired of grocery stores.  I think I've been to a store every day this week.

I think we'll have spaghetti for dinner tonight.  I had something else scheduled but thus and so spaghetti it is.  Pizza tomorrow, poppyseed chicken Monday, beef and bean tacos Tuesday.

There are a couple of spots on the rug that I am trying to clean.  I'll try to finish laundering the fabric for my embroidery project today and maybe get a bit more done on another project. 

Tonight I am supposed to be playing in an outdoor concert.  Svengo.  It's gonna be hot.

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I had good sleep last night!! 

This weekend is the Fall Festival at the camp we go to. And for the first time in years (not counting Covid) we aren’t going. Middle DD has soccer and Baby has cheer tonight. It’s an hour and 15 minute drive each way. I suppose we could have fit it in, but …. I don’t know. I’m tired..

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.  

Camps are done for the summer.   Now I have two weeks, one of which we will be in Maine, before classes start.    And, of course, a huge to-do list to get done in the next week.  

Today is laundry and then packing.  I'm packing the clothes I want to bring to Maine right from being washed since that seems like it will be easier.   Since I can wear any old thing this week, it should work out okay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!

That’s about it. Last night we went to the football game. Baby is a cheerleader this year and she’s doing a good job. She seems pretty natural with the moves. some of the girls are a little awkward (that’s how I would have been if I were a cheerleader in junior high), but overall, the squad does a good job.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Glad to hear you are feeling good about the church!

We went to early service, all five of us piled into the Clown Car (really a Honda Fit, but when you have 5 Medium to Tall Adults climbing out, it does resemble a clown car).  Pup is whining for some reason and I am watching a documentary on Prime called Sea Gypsies, about a crew that is sailing a ship from New Zealand to Antartica to Patagonia.  They are currently in Antartica and having troubles with the engine and other issues.  It's cold there.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!
COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩 It’s the last one in August, though, and next Monday is a holiday!!

School and work. Busy week ahead. 
Supposed to be hot at the beginning of this week, but by the weekend it will cool down into the 80’s, so lots to look forward to.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night and then discovered that the Coke Zero that I had at dinner has caffeine in it.  Oh well.

I'm planning to IP a bunch of chicken this morning for poppyseed chicken freezer meal.  This afternoon we start music lessons and children's choir (youth choir now, since my kids are all in high school).  And afterwards is scouts.  I am supposed to also start Bible study tonight but just found out that I might need to be at the scout meeting so not sure.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Monday.

I slept in quite a bit today.  And yesterday.  And Saturday.   I was wiped out after two weeks of camp and getting up early.   I'm not used to it anymore.    And it's an hour earlier than I have to get up during the school year.  

Today I'm going to work and moving things around.  Arranging my classroom, setting a small (very small) office area up in our lobby to hold a computer and printer.  That's the new plan rather than trying to get wifi upstairs to our storage room.  There's a concrete floor in between.   Our signal from downstairs doesn't make it at all so we'd have to run a wire somehow.  

Tomorrow I redo my storage unit (yes, again) to pull out all the computers we have and check which ones will work for the mini office and my class (I'm teaching Powerpoint first session) and see if I need to get additional ones.   Plus I'm getting rid of the accumulated recyclables, and possibly a pre-k activity table that we don't have the space for and never use.  Plus just get organized so I can find things.  

Then Wednesday it's back to work to clean up the upstairs storage area, plus I have a start of the year teacher's lunch.  

I also need to remember I have Math workshop today.   I may let dd stay home since she just finished a chapter and this is the last math class until we start up for real September 11th.   No sense in starting a new topic now.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

School and work!!

Hot!!

Goldie cat escaped being let out last night, so he woke us up at 4:00 in the morning. This is odd because he generally prefers being outdoors and will ask to be let out long before bedtime. I guess he must have been sleeping when we rounded up the other cats.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I had a good appointment with the cardiologist yesterday.  My elevated heart rate seems to be only a side effect of albuterol (asthma inhaler) and my heart function is good. 🙂

i heard albuterol can give some people the jitters.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Stupid smoke detector is going off. It’s 6:00am. I can’t reach it to change it. This is the third time already this morning. Ugh. I guess i will try to drag a ladder upstairs.

DS dragged the ladder up the stairs and go the smoke detector down. 

Points for quoting myself,

Points for DS for saving the day!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2