Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I survived the AFSA.Now I’m home eating ice cream. I wish I knew how to stop eating ice cream. I really need to, but it’s so good.

I concur.

Yay!  It's an Agreeable Booyah!

Our thread....    
Is a very very very fine thread    
With nice friends on the hive    
We help each other thrive    
And everything is cozy because of you!    
La-la, la-la-la, la...

Jean, 6/2023

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I put together a small charcoal grill all by myself.  It worked despite the instructions which were terrible and the leftover screw and wingnut.  So we had grilled hot dogs for dinner.  They were pretty tasty.  Also chips and leftover coleslaw which dd14 added some apples and raisins to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I should probably make a plan for the day.  I have to drop the girls off at an eagle project this morning and pick them up at 5.  In the mean time.  

Coffee!

I finally got Gymnast a BS shirt; now I need to figure out how to put the badges on. I found a diagram online and will iron them on. It it's right, I'll sew them. I'll find out tomorrow if I do it right.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Renai said:

I finally got Gymnast a BS shirt; now I need to figure out how to put the badges on. I found a diagram online and will iron them on. It it's right, I'll sew them. I'll find out tomorrow if I do it right.

You can also get this awesome stuff called "Badge Magic" which enables you to just stick the badges on the shirt.  Expensive.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Junie said:

I'm Baptist and I think it's okay if the alcohol is cooked out.

Did you serve it raw?

Yes.

Ok no, but we have church members who won't eat mustard because it has alcohol in it. I don't think these particular people would have cared, but so many of them are so strict about it that I feel bad that they might.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes.

Ok no, but we have church members who won't eat mustard because it has alcohol in it. I don't think these particular people would have cared, but so many of them are so strict about it that I feel bad that they might.

I had no idea mustard had alcohol in it.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Church and iglesia!

I am probably going to be a bit scarce on the boards over the next two weeks until we get into a good homeschooling routine.  I need to do a better job this year of not being so addicted to the internet. 😞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Happy Sunday.

I haven't been around much.  I worked a camp last week and getting up early was rough.  And morning is my usual time to check in and post.    I'm doing another camp this week but then all camps are done.   One week off to get some stuff done, then we're on vacation in Maine for a week, then classes start and it's 8 weeks of non-stop teaching before I get another break.

Oldest dd started a new job so couldn't get off to come to Maine with us, but she is thinking of taking a few days to come up.  But that means she'd have to do the 8 hour drive up by herself, stay for only 2 days and do the 8 hour drive back by herself.   As much as I want her to join us, I'm not sure I want her doing that.   I told her that her and I could take a trip ourselves later in the year.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

I’m doing Children’s Church today during the sermon. My first time. It will be fine. DD1 helps a lot and she told me they play on the playground and then hear the story and color a picture. I love those little kids. They are so funny!!

Well,Hurricane Hillary is supposed to be moving north today. The words “Hurricane” and “California” are two words never before heard in a sentence together. Where I live we are just supposed to get a little rain. That never happens on August and it’s not good for the tree fruit. 

• Like 5

I'm working on the homeschool routine this week. I have a spreadsheet of the schedule. Should be a crazy week with all kids activities restarting. I have the week off work. The next week I'll be working again and that will be doubly crazy. And I need to read this new book, Mother Culture, that I think Jean recommended.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Church today. I need to buy paint.

Painting the church?

Brag alert:

Baby is now officially First Class! ⚜️

I just looked at the September and October calendar and wowza. Ima need the ITT staff over here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, 73349 said:

Painting the church?

Brag alert:

Baby is now officially First Class! ⚜️

I just looked at the September and October calendar and wowza. Ima need the ITT staff over here.

No, the house. It's one of the summer projects that I put off until school started. One of them... ugh. We did pick up 5 gal of pint after church and are painting. Nice to start finally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

Rain has stopped. I was watching footage of Southern California last night. It looks so bad down there. We just got some rain. But that does it own damage to the fruit, so we’re pretty worried about that.

Staff meeting at my house today. Girls have school.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Not much for the sleeping last night.  Dd17 was running a low fever and had stuffy sinuses and couldn't sleep.  She took a Benadryl which I think also contributed to the insomnia.  She was a mess but I think finally fell asleep around 4.  I have 15 minutes to get dressed and ready to bring dd14 to the ortho.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Well that was a waste.  I made extensive arrangements to make sure everyone had a way to be where they needed to be tonight so that I could go to the monthly ukulele play-along in the Big City.  I got there after driving almost an hour in traffic only to find that the library had closed for the day and the play-along was cancelled.  So now I'm home again and plenty grumpy.  And there's no ice cream.  😭

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Good morning!

Dd17 is fairly recovered - slept last night and is doing schoolwork.  Still has Major Sniffles.  Imma need to buy more tissues.  

Today we need to do some tidying and cleaning and disinfecting in preparation for a visit from dd25 and Fiancee.  Dd25 lives with a lady who is undergoing cancer treatment, so she is especially cautious of bringing germs into the house.

Other than that, people have school and lessons and work and etc.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Lessons from Today's Dinner Experiment:

1. Salmon is much harder to grill than hot dogs.

2. Next time I will simply set all the pieces of fish on thick slices of lemon.  

3. Also I should consider getting some grilling tools.  We might have some in the Garage of Doom but I am not planning to go in there.

4. It's best to wear old clothes that you don't mind getting all gross while grilling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today is ds's 18th birthday.  Officially two of my kids are adults, only one "child" left.  We went out to dinner at a place up by older dd's house because we went there for dd's birthday and ds liked their food.  He has ASD and SPD and finding restaurants where he likes the food isn't easy so we went there even though it's not that close to home.   It was nice, all of us, older dd and my mother.  

After we went out to a local ice cream stand that has great homemade ice cream.  Ds only likes soft serve so is find going anywhere but going there dd was able to come too, rather than us going closer to home to a different ice cream place we usually go to.  

• Like 4

While we were eating our ice cream, a really funky looking car with weird lights on the front and a very steeply sloped hood that had a light panel that was very narrow parked next to me.   We couldn't figure out what it was.  It was a semi convertible (two side panels pulled back on roof).   When we went back to our car, I looked at the front and back for a logo and it had nothing.  License plate said "KNIGHT".   Looked inside (roof and windows were open so it was easy) and the steering wheel wasn't a wheel, it was just a long piece with short curves on either side and on the steering wheel it said.....

Knight Two Thousand.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

School and work. Today is my school’s “First Day of School.” I’ve got a couple of family meetings already.

Toto, that car sounds pretty cool.

Junie, I hope you feel better. 

Susan, I’m sorry people are sick. 

• Like 4

Hi!

On 8/21/2023 at 10:36 PM, KrissiK said:

Moooom, Susan's making us do math again!!

It's witchcraft! 

18 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Major Sneezy has covid.  Which means Dd25 & Co won't be coming to visit. 😭   Oh well.  I don't even know what you're supposed to do any more.  Better look it up.

This round is nothing. We assumed it was just a cold.

Oh! Then we got monkey pox. We did not turn into monkeys. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well Major Sneezy has not had a fever at all today but has already told her tutorial teachers that she won't be there tomorrow, so I am thinking I'll have both girls stay home.  Also they will have to miss Youth Group tonight.  They are sad.  But at least they aren't monkeys.

It's hot and my garden mums are droopy.  The pup is all bathed and trimmed and is now lounging about.

Dinner tonight is IP honey sesame chicken.  New recipe so I hope it is tasty.  It called for a whole cup of honey.  Svengo.  Honey is expensive these days!

• Like 4