Menu

Ignore this thread!

29 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

See, I am learning. I like the analogy of this being someone's living room. Mine is too small to host anything. Maybe the next house. I can bring cookies, though. I make some fantastic oatmeal dried fruit cookies, if I do say so.

We also have an Island retreat, with staff. You will have to search past posts for the information on that.

• Like 2

We went and looked at Ahmad use. (This is what autocorrect said. What I intended to say was “we went and looked at a house”.) I really really liked it.  It’s in our same subdivision, it’s bigger than the one we have now. I’ll keep you all plotted. (Again, autocorrect. I intended to say, I’ll keep you all posted.) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ever since my glutening, I have had burps.  I am kefiring and yogurting. 

I get that, too, but I haven't found a good solution yet.  For me, dairy makes it worse.  Lying down makes it much worse.

I hope you feel better, soon, Jeannie.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

I get that, too, but I haven't found a good solution yet.  For me, dairy makes it worse.  Lying down makes it much worse.

I hope you feel better, soon, Jeannie.

It really is much much better.  This is more of an annoyance than anything.  But I am trying to replenish my good bacteria.  Which, since I"m fat, probably aren't that good anyway.  (Plus the fact that I was on antibiotics for six months and then seven months straight not that many years ago. . . ) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Someone is giving away thousands of dollars? Does it come with excellent job offers and relocation packages? We want to move to Scotland bad!

Jean is, but no packages.

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ever since my glutening, I have had burps.  I am kefiring and yogurting. 

That's hot.

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Miles 9 and 10!

Woot! Go Junie, go Junie, GO!

It's a go Junie BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

They finally started putting the basement flooring down! Maybe DS will be back in his room before Christmas. ?

We noticed, however, that they are not using the underlayment as requested. So that's a dilemma..We could let it go and just request a refund for that expense or if DH determines that it is a necessity they'll have to tear up what they put down and redo it. ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Starting today and for the remainder I will be a minimum of 49 years old.  I must mentally prepare myself for the traditional Birthday Morning Wake-Up Tackle.  (And pretend to be asleep.)

Aldi this morning and Children's Choir tonight.

Coffee!

Happy Nirthday!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Well, when you get here, I will help you and we can go to all the places.

I don't know if I should be excited to hang out or nervous about spending that much time in the car.

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Happy Birthday!  Where is that party emoji?!

I love exclamation marks!!!!

I have never been to Texas!  Oh, wait.  That probably didn't need an exclamation mark.  ?

You can stay in our beach house when we get one.

• Like 2

After reading the warranty and installation guidelines for our flooring, there’s no way to avoid pulling the floor up and starting over! Hopefully they will be able to keep all the planks intact and we’ll have enough without reordering. We only needed new flooring because they broke too much when they pulled up the old flooring.  What a mess! We are lucky that they hadn’t finished and that, we checked last night, and that DH knew what to look for. If they’d finished we wouldn’t have been able to see if they’d put the moisture barrier down or not. If DH hadn’t installed similar flooring last year, he wouldn’t have known to verify it was there. 

We don’t know if it was incompetence or guile at this point but neither is reassuring. 

I just want to get our stuff back downstairs and DS back in his room. The guest room isn’t really set up for long stays. 

• Sad 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!!

The Kids have Enrichment Academy. I get to go to Costco and get a turkey. “To Costco, to Costco, to buy a fat turkey. Home again, home again jurkety jurkey.”

The air quality is so awful due to wildfire smoke. Everyone in my family has bad post nasal drip. We are praying for a miracle rain. The death toll keeps rising. So far my brother’s house is still ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I have a hard enough time with geography without them doing things like this. :dry:

You probably don't remember but a long time ago I posted that my brain sees ITTers on a map of the US, and for the longest time, my brain had you in Texas and I had to slide you up and West.  But soon I'll be able to put you back in Texas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Happy Nirthday, Susan!!! If you’re unloved (autocorrect again, I meant to say, If you lived...) closer to me, i’d Take you out for COFFEE!!~D

A post can never have too many exclamation points.

I love geography!!! I love maps. I love planning trips. Of course when IRL-BFF and I took our little trip to see Susan Branch, we were talking so much we drove right through the city of San Luis Obispo and all of the sudden we saw the ocean and realized, you can’t see the ocean in San Luis Obispo, so we had to turn around and go back.? But otherwise, I love geography.

Angi, you are now taking other people’s kids to the ortho?? I will let you know next time DS2 needs to go.?

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Our dentist has 7:00am appointments, too. That way people don’t have to be too late to work. DH always gets a 7:00am appointment.

My dh usually takes early appointments for the same reason.

I prefer 10am.  We're usually there for 2 hours and we can pick up pizza for lunch on the way home.

• Like 4

I try to make all my appointments at ten or ten thirty.  But this is because they are in the Big City and it can take me up to 45 minutes to get to an appt.- esp. if I have to leave within rush hour.  10:30 is perfect because rush hour is over by the time I have to leave and it takes me much less time to get there.  And I'm a lot more relaxed when I get there. 

• Like 4

I have wanted this devotional for 2 years but have never had the money on hand at the right time. The Kindle version is on sale today for $0.99 so I napped it. I'm linking in case you're interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Saving-Grace-Daily-Devotions-Miller-ebook/dp/B011MP1R1M/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_25?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BAJ3EM0RGCND3Z3Q47J2

• Like 1