• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I do take the blood very seriously. I simply haven't got anything left to sell and giving up our family home and moving back into an apartment somewhere just so that I can afford $1000/month for medication would not only be hugely disruptive to our family and cause stress that could make things worse, it's not even guaranteed to be a solution because the price could go up again, our insurance could change again, etc. Let alone that we'd have to give up our rescue animals and so on. Very few CT rents allow pets and our dogs could never be apartment dogs, etc.

Even if we had cancelled our vacation last month, that would have bought like, 5 more months of meds at most. Going on and off of them again is worse than just not taking them.

It's pretty much a lose/lose situation. One that in the first world could only exist in the US. It shouldn't cost a third of somebody's salary to not die.

So it goes.

Quoting wrong post, but I wanted to get your attention. The whole30 is an anti-inflammation diet and has positive reviews by 4 people who suffer with crohn's disease. It's expensive to eat this way.

http://whole30.com/2011/06/the-whole30-a-z-real-life-testimonials/

• Like 1

Duck says hi to everybody.

Ds8 and Ds1 are now both sick.  Fevers with a dash of vomiting thrown in.   Please pray they ALL get sick in the next 24 hours.  I want them all healthy by Sunday!  

On a bright note, my newest ArtBins arrived and all the bleepity-bleep legos are now organized by color.  I do not know if this is THE solution the ubiquitous Whatever-Do-You-Do-With-All-Your-Legos question, but it is better than throwing them in a broken wooden box that Baby gets into every 5 minutes.  

Also on a bright note... dental hygiene week is over: 6 mouths, no cavities!  So we are free from appointments for 6 more months, unless I decide to get a not-really-urgent crown with the coverage I have left this year.  It's a 2-hour appointment with a hot wrap behind my neck and cable tv.  I'm tempted to do it just for the R+R.  

• Like 6

Quoting wrong post, but I wanted to get your attention. The whole30 is an antiinflammation diet and has positive reviews by 4 people who suffer with crohn's disease. It's expensive to eat this way.

http://whole30.com/2011/06/the-whole30-a-z-real-life-testimonials/

Likewise quoting irrelevant post just to get your attention.

Hi, Slashaboo!  Is food staying down today?

• Like 2

Oh, bleh.  Our lovely snow has been transformed into 2-3 inches of slush.  I find myself desperately wishing for more rain to hopefully wash it away before tonight's hard freeze.  I really hate ice.  And, to top it off, we're supposed to get extremely high winds tonight (as in, possibility of 60 mph gusts.)

To sum up:  Wah.

Quoting myself to retract the whine, because it looks like the worst of this storm is to the south of us and it's BAD.  In the Really Big City about two hours away, people have been advised to shelter in place and tens of thousands are without power.  One person has been killed by a falling tree. I hope that Jean is okay, since it went through her area first.  (I also hope that it's not still headed our way.  If our power goes out, we'll probably be out for a LONG TIME. Rural areas aren't exactly a priority.)

ACK!!  That means that we'll be dealing with this for hours longer.  We're already flooded and the rain keeps pouring.  Nana rescinded our dinner invitation, because the wind is so bad she didn't want us driving.  Please, Miss Jean, please don't send it to us!  I don't want to share!

I am not responsible for Pineapple Expresses.  

• Like 1

Quoting myself to retract the whine, because it looks like the worst of this storm is to the south of us and it's BAD.  In the Really Big City about two hours away, people have been advised to shelter in place and tens of thousands are without power.  One person has been killed by a falling tree. I hope that Jean is okay, since it went through her area first.  (I also hope that it's not still headed our way.  If our power goes out, we'll probably be out for a LONG TIME. Rural areas aren't exactly a priority.)

The wind has now died down here.  Relentless rain is all that remains.  Stay safe, dry and warm.  

• Like 3

Oh the glorious choral music! We almost didn't make it, as the brilliant event coordinators scheduled the concert at a church next door to the arena, at the same time as an NHL game. And of course there were car wrecks on every possible highway route downtown. Took us 95 minutes just to get there and then I finally gave up on finding a parking space and parked (possibly) illegally next to a school bus in hopes that "they" would think my 12 passenger van was an official school vehicle. They had mercy on us.

The wind is picking up. The birdfeeders are whipping around like windsocks.

• Like 5

Yes ma'am. #noh booyas are soothing to my poor tummy. :)

appy to ear tat! ceers to you and anna.   :cheers2: ears to oping se continues to be just as sitty a speller as her moter.  wising you bot te very best over te next eigt monts!

#isaidsitty 

#ineverusetatvulgarword 

:svengo:  :rofl:

• Like 6

appy to ear tat! ceers to you and anna.   :cheers2: ears to oping se continues to be just as sitty a speller as her moter.  wising you bot te very best over te next eigt monts!

#isaidsitty 

#ineverusetatvulgarword 

:svengo:  :rofl:

1. I said #noh booyas.

2. Her name's Molly.

3. That's still swearing.

4. Only 7 months left.

• Like 5

1. I said #noh booyas.

2. Her name's Molly.

3. That's still swearing.

4. Only 7 months left.

1. But typing that post was such fun.

2. Molly is beautiful.  It was on my name list every time.  #needanotherbaby

3. Nah, just crude vulgarity. In a slightly less crude form. 

4. I predict you go late. Besides, only three and eight have h's so I was somewhat limited in my options. 

• Like 2

1. But typing that post was such fun.

2. Molly is beautiful. It was on my name list every time. #needanotherbaby

3. Nah, just crude vulgarity. In a slightly less crude form.

4. I predict you go late. Besides, only three and eight have h's so I was somewhat limited in my options.

I can't go late. C-section. :D

The banquet festivities have concluded. (I had to take the wrist brace off to type) All helpers, including yours truly, received a standing ovation from the students and instructors. It was sweet. Dd16 received an "outstanding leadership award" and also letters for her Letterman jacket since this made her third year marching. The food was ok (not spectacular). The seniors were honored. We will miss our drum major. The director even got a little teary eyed. We watched a slide show of the complete season. Then we watched the state finals performance. It is still amazing. I ordered a copy of the slide show and performance. It will make a good keepsake.

Well it is good night for me. Time to put the brace back on. I imagine it will be bad tonight because I chopped a lot of veggies for the pasta salad.

Glad you're all well.

Critter, keep up the good work.

Slache, glad the food is staying down.

Tex, it sounds a bit fishy to me with by-laws and restrictions for a get together.

Ducklings, I pray everyone gets well and no more sickness.

Prairie, hope planning goes well.

Mark, hmmmm, no advice, but take care.

Lynn, I'm glad your second Monday is done.

Susan and Jean and jojo :grouphug:

Renai, hope you enjoyed your snow day.:)

:seeya: little ducky

• Like 7

I just did some Christmas shopping one tab over.  I'm finished for now.  Nothing yet for the older two.  Teens are hard to shop for.  Ya can't just hit the lego site for a few minutes and call it good. 

Do they like money?  Not very exciting under the tree, I know.  But nice for college or car.  

So what should I get for a friend having a girl after 4 boys?  She's being thrown a surprise "Sprinkle" this weekend.  But I know she gets lots of clothes from in-laws. And "Sprinkle" suggests small-ish gifts, right?

I've never heard of this.

Is the mom registered somewhere?

Off to google.  I'll be back.

I just did some Christmas shopping one tab over.  I'm finished for now.  Nothing yet for the older two.  Teens are hard to shop for.  Ya can't just hit the lego site for a few minutes and call it good. 

Actually, the lego site would work just fine for my ds15.

A few years ago, my sister (the spoiler) went to american girl and lego and did all of her shopping for my 6 kids.  2 sites, lots of gifts, (lots of $$$), and lots of happy kids.

• Like 3

I've never heard of this.

Is the mom registered somewhere?

Off to google.  I'll be back.

Nope, not registered.  I think it may have been a last minute idea of one of our church friends, perhaps just to celebrate the fact that it's finally a girl.  Sprinkle may have been the host's own invention.  I've never heard of one either.  

I totally could text the host and find out, but I'm lazy and it's too late at night to text anyway. 

A few years ago, my sister (the spoiler) went to american girl and lego and did all of her shopping for my 6 kids.  2 sites, lots of gifts, (lots of $$$), and lots of happy kids.

I think oldest two were still liking legos a couple years ago, but <sniff, sniff> I think they've both moved on. 

• Like 2

So what should I get for a friend having a girl after 4 boys?  She's being thrown a surprise "Sprinkle" this weekend.  But I know she gets lots of clothes from in-laws. And "Sprinkle" suggests small-ish gifts, right?

OK, now I know what a baby sprinkle is.

I would get her girly things of baby/toddler items that may have worn out.  And things that she could use extras of.  Sippy cups come to mind as something that we had to replace periodically.

Also, some girly baby toys or board books would probably be welcome.

ETA:  bibs, blankets, rattles, teethers

• Like 2

Yeah, but I'll still need to figure out a few things, kwim?

Baby present - hmmmm....  girly baby blanket?  girly diaper bag (possibly too expensive)?  girly baby socks? 

Totally kwym.   :001_smile:   I am lacking in creativity tonight so I am zero good to anyone. In fact, now that my mom has taken over the lego option, I'm at  a loss on what else to get for kids.  Two rules:  It must have a place to live in this little abode.  And it must provide a spark of joy.  To me.  

That's pretty limiting.  

• Like 2

It was Molly when we first started talking about it over a year ago. I've since moved on and am thinking Emily, but the kids are stuck on Molly. I don't know what the kids are going to think if it's an outie instead of an innie.

It should still be Molly.  Because Molly. :001_wub:

• Like 2

Nope, not registered.  I think it may have been a last minute idea of one of our church friends, perhaps just to celebrate the fact that it's finally a girl.  Sprinkle may have been the host's own invention.  I've never heard of one either.  

I totally could text the host and find out, but I'm lazy and it's too late at night to text anyway. 

Apparently "sprinkles" are a thing now to give gifts for a 2nd, 3rd, etc. child.

I apparently was having babies in the wrong decade. ;)

• Like 3

OK, now I know what a baby sprinkle is.

I would get her girly things of baby/toddler items that may have worn out.  And things that she could use extras of.  Sippy cups come to mind as something that we had to replace periodically.

Also, some girly baby toys or board books would probably be welcome.

Oh, I like the books idea, especially!  

Something girly.  But not Pinkalicious.  I wouldn't give that to my worst enemy.  

• Like 2

Oooo, that's hard.  The baby is already God's reward...

• Like 1

So what should I get for a friend having a girl after 4 boys? She's being thrown a surprise "Sprinkle" this weekend. But I know she gets lots of clothes from in-laws. And "Sprinkle" suggests small-ish gifts, right?

Frilly hair bows, pink head/hair bands and/or brush/comb set for a girl maybe with her name engraved.???????

I'm not good with this stuff. I usually give diapers.:)

• Like 1

So glad to hear this.  DD 13 loooooves Legos.  And anything piratical.

ETA:  OMW, 2 BooyAs in one night!

BOOYA

And again the song, started by Renai and magnified by Susan:

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends..

• Like 8