Menu

Ignore this thread!

Zarabellasmom or whatever her name is. Sometimes swellmomma. I heard JoJosMom was into it for a while, but fell off the wagon.

Yeah, that whole daily bathing thing knocked swellmomma and several of us others clear off the wagon. I think JoJosMom is hanging on a bit, as her kid is squeaky clean, but Quackers got run over by several wagon wheels already by only bathing her kids once a month. (or something like that)

• Like 7

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I don't have much to say. People should bathe their kids more often.

I gave up bathing the 4 year old often. She now bathes with her older sister, who bathes more often than what I could do with the 4yo. Both have sensory issues, so they get along well.

• Like 2

Good morning. Ds20 and dd16 just left. Practice begins at 7.

We leave here at 10:30- 11:00 a.m..

Renai, I totally understand about older sibling helping thing. When the twins were born ds was 14 and dd was 10. They were such big helpers. Ds bathed them every night, I would dry and dd would dress them. Such wonderful memories! And I am fully confident that when they have babies, they will know how to take care of them. When Ds20 was born I didn't have a clue.

• Like 8

Morning bp 128/96. I didn't drink water yesterday. Like, not at all.  :svengo: That accounts a lot for the bottom number. Can I stop giving ya'll my daily bp after I see the cardiologist next Friday and ya'll realize I'm not going to die yet?

On the agenda:

Homework - I still haven't turned in my literature review, although I have turned in almost everything else, well at least the discussions. I need to turn that and data collection in by tomorrow to make sure they get graded and feedback. Those will need to be corrected (from the feedback) and added to the final action research proposal to be turned in by next Friday. My last day of school. THIS WILL HAPPEN!

Later, we'll take little dd to my old church's harvest festival. We wanted to go to our church's last night, but it was raining, my windshield wipers don't work, and even though there is rainx on the windows, I didn't want to drive 30 minutes down the highway in the dark with only rainx on the windows. So, we promised to take her to tonight's at the other church. It's closer, and I love people there, too. It's the church where my older dd sang with our church youth band.

That is all on my agenda. Homework and fun. I am not moving from this spot until time to take dd to the festival. Oh, wait, dh just asked who is going to make him his birthday breakfast. It was yesterday. He turned 43.

• Like 8

We have a new Krispy Kreme in town. I don't think I want any. Seems too sweet. Singer wants to dry them though. She said we should get a dozen and just set up in the hospital for the consequent sugar coma.

Krispy Kreme is only important on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. September 19th. Put it on your calendar now!

• Like 3

Dh wants an outfit for church. Pants, shoes, and shirt. Probably socks, too. I may have to go shopping today. I hate shopping. And less time for homework.

Dh can buy his own outfit or make do.  His birthday and any other important thing can wait until you finish school and stress test.  Not that I'm blunt or anything. 

• Like 5

I wonder how long we can sit around and talk about the others before they get a clue.

Renai, this gobsmacked me.  I know that you're smart.  I know it.  But, really?  How could you NOT have figured out by now that I, most definitely, haven't a clue???

:wacko:

• Like 5

Morning bp 128/96. I didn't drink water yesterday. Like, not at all.  :svengo: That accounts a lot for the bottom number. Can I stop giving ya'll my daily bp after I see the cardiologist next Friday and ya'll realize I'm not going to die yet?

No.

Not until we meet and confer and vote.

• Like 3

We have a new Krispy Kreme in town. I don't think I want any. Seems too sweet. Singer wants to dry them though. She said we should get a dozen and just set up in the hospital for the consequent sugar coma.

Oh, you must have one!  BUT you have to wait until the light is on, so you can get one while they're hot.  It's an entirely different experience.  They absolutely melt in your mouth. YUM.

• Like 2

Dh wants an outfit for church. Pants, shoes, and shirt. Probably socks, too. I may have to go shopping today. I hate shopping. And less time for homework.

Does he not know how to get himself an outfit?  Does the man have no socks?  This does not compute because my dh buys all of his own clothes.  If he runs out of socks, he buys more.

Dh can buy his own outfit or make do.  His birthday and any other important thing can wait until you finish school and stress test.  Not that I'm blunt or anything. 

She beat me to it, but I still put in my two cents.  :D

• Like 3

Bad sleep report:  I had a bad idea, which happens every so often.  I decided that I was tired enough and would sleep without my pill.  I got up at 1:30 am and took it.  Please remind me not to do this again for a long time.

Why did I do this, you ask?  I do not like being a drug addict.  Think of me as Mrs. Dubose in To Kill a Mockingbird.  I will go out on my own terms, sober and not under the control of any drug.  I am the bravest person Atticus ever knew.  Or something like that.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

I can't believe you guys are still at it. No, no, no. I can believe it. I can believe it. Ya'll are hard core!

I dropped out a while back. Couldn't keep up! And then I had to teach myself how to knit so I could knit DS a chain mail hood for his St. George costume for school. He wore it yesterday, but his appreciation of it was in no means proportional to the amount of work I put into it. It wasn't even in the same galaxy of proportionality. But now I know now I know how to knit. And that's something!

Eta: I tried to attach a picture of the chain mail, but it didn't work.

• Like 10

Yeah, that whole daily bathing thing knocked swellmomma and several of us others clear off the wagon. I think JoJosMom is hanging on a bit, as her kid is squeaky clean, but Quackers got run over by several wagon wheels already by only bathing her kids once a month. (or something like that)

Wait...she only bathes her dc once a month????? :svengo:

BOOYA!!!!

I'll get it right eventually...

• Like 6

Does he not know how to get himself an outfit?  Does the man have no socks?  This does not compute because my dh buys all of his own clothes.  If he runs out of socks, he buys more.

She beat me to it, but I still put in my two cents.   :D

He usually buys all his own clothes; I'm not normally involved at all. AT ALL. He has no church clothes and would like me to help him pick out something. Because church.