Menu

Ignore this thread!

So much this.

I would last one day.

As it is, I am a hell raiser in my current co-op. CC would invite me to leave.

ETA: Booya(h)! This booyah is dedicated to all the poor children forced to memorize CC songs and do hand motions.

Susan's song set the melody of Bohemian Rhapsody.

CC would never let me in.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I peed in the cup. Will have the results in an hour.

I would not join Classical Conversations if I was not a Christian. It would make me crazy.

SERIOUSLY? Argh!  I'm leaving in a few minutes to have dinner out with Nana.  I don't suppose you could wait on the announcement until I'm back?  I'm sure the other kids won't mind....

• Like 1

Well, I'll confess, we're in CC. I have a love - hate relationship with it. It has given us good friends and a homeschooling community. We tried a "regular" co-op once in my effort to leave something I didn't totally buy into and it was not a good alternative.

I think CC looks awesome.

• Like 1

I think CC looks awesome.

You at least *know* what you're getting which is better than the other thing we tried with lip service to policies that went unenforced, poor behaviors, hyper-controlling leadership that regularly lectured the "Mom room" on how to homeschool, how to live, etc., and no hope of striving for excellence because homeschooling is better than public school even if you don't do anything. 

• Like 2

Well, I'll confess, we're in CC.  I have a love - hate relationship with it.  It has given us good friends and a homeschooling community.  We tried a "regular" co-op once in my effort to leave something I didn't totally buy into and it was not a good alternative.   

But do you learn these songs with hand motions?  If so, can you substitute Bohemian Rhapsody?

I am a leader in my co-op and on the Advisory Board.  Lord, help them. :lol:

• Like 3

Bohemian Rhapsody is very educational as well - a great learning tool for literary devices and tragic opera. Plus fun to sing.

I KNOW, RIGHT???

You at least *know* what you're getting which is better than the other thing we tried with lip service to policies that went unenforced, poor behaviors, hyper-controlling leadership that regularly lectured the "Mom room" on how to homeschool, how to live, etc., and no hope of striving for excellence because homeschooling is better than public school even if you don't do anything. 

Gross!  Ain't nobody got time for that!  

I'm too much of a rebel to do any kind of a co-op.  Who needs any stinkin' homeschool friends anyway?       (Well, except for you guys here.  But then you put up with me talking about ZZ Top and let me post pictures of our pets, including my cat looking like a cafeteria lady.)

:closedeyes:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

What's wrong with he science teacher?

Well, first off, she is not you.

But also, to add insult to injury, her syllabus is impossible to follow so we are always doing the wrong thing, she has "crowd control" problems (mostly with her own child whom she fusses at a lot during class), she ate lemons for brekkie, her tests are so abysmal that I truly thought she was making them up (then learned that she found them on the internet so other poor souls are being subjected to them), and most of class is her reading the book to them that they were already supposed to have read.  This is her first year teaching at co-op.  

This will break your heart Renai - she has a masters degree in education. :confused1:

We have always had wonderful and talented and engaged and interesting teachers in co-op.  This is the Apologia Land Animals class.  You have to work hard to screw it up.  And yet.... :huh:

• Like 3

But do you learn these songs with hand motions?  If so, can you substitute Bohemian Rhapsody?

I am a leader in my co-op and on the Advisory Board.  Lord, help them. :lol:

We don't do hand motions. 

I know several CC families that would have no problem with Bohemian Rhapsody, though they are all pretty fond of CC's timeline song.   

I know your co-op is a better place because of your leadership.  No doubt about it! 

• Like 3

We don't do hand motions. 

I know several CC families that would have no problem with Bohemian Rhapsody, though they are all pretty fond of CC's timeline song.   

I know your co-op is a better place because of your leadership.  No doubt about it! 

You are sweet. :001_wub:

Lots of the ladies at co-op are too sweet, and they get walked on. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

I'm outta likes. 

One thing I do like about CC is that the younger program only meets for 24 weeks (12 in the fall and 12 in the spring).  Which gives us 12 weeks of the "school year" without it.  It's nice to have the structure, friends, etc, but still have so many weeks out of the school year that we aren't obligated.

• Like 5

I'm outta likes. 

One thing I do like about CC is that the younger program only meets for 24 weeks (12 in the fall and 12 in the spring).  Which gives us 12 weeks of the "school year" without it.  It's nice to have the structure, friends, etc, but still have so many weeks out of the school year that we aren't obligated.

I could totally get behind this schedule.

• Like 2

I don't see myself spending money on CC Foundations. Maybe it's cooler than it looks. I just think what we do is better. I have the guide and Cycle 1 CD. We listen to the songs in the morning while I make breakfast and the guide gets put with the rest of the memory work during school. Right now I think it would be a waste of time and I'd rather spread it out than lump it all together.

• Like 2

I will say that my son knows much more history, geography and science than I ever would have taught him if not for Classical Conversations. Both of my children can pick instruments out while listening to classical music because of the stupid do do do do do song.

I will say that my son knows much more history, geography and science than I ever would have taught him if not for Classical Conversations. Both of my children can pick instruments out while listening to classical music because of the stupid do do do do do song.

:lol:   I don't think I'm familiar with that one. 

I'm not a big fan of memory work anyway. I'd rather learn through connections than memorizing. Which is one of the reasons we tried to leave for something else.

I had an incredibly terrible education. I didn't know Mesopotamia was a real place and I had never heard of the American Revolution. I never took an economics class, I can't grammar or spell and I have no math skills. None. I don't know how to teach and I don't know how to learn but I'm learning both now. I can't say whether I prefer memorizing over something else but I frankly find memorizing to be rather cool. I feel so smart now. :D

• Like 2