Menu

Ignore this thread!

Matt was not a doter at all. If a non doter is married to someone who has vomited so much they have to go to the hospital for dehydration and almost lose the baby 2 months in and it only goes downhill from there they learn to dote. My first pregnancy with chronic vomiting, heat stroke, bleeding, contractions in the first trimester etc. taught him to dote. My second was better, and this one's better still, but for the most part when I can eat he makes me food because it might be the last time I eat for days. I've already gone a 24 hour period without solids this time. It's no fun. I get good liquids in, but sometimes Mama just really wants a burger.

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

And I don't know whether I can eat something or not until it's in front of me.

That's how I was with the second pregnancy. The food had to be in front of me, I would imagine it in my mouth, and determine how I felt about it before trying to digest it. If the very thought of consuming it made me nauseous, I didn't eat it. It cut down on the all-pregnancy vomiting, leaving it at only mostly-all-pregnancy nausea. It was great.

I mostly wanted a lot of cheese and couldn't handle anything sweet (which was hard for this chocolate lover) EXCEPT canned mandarine oranges and fresh or frozen (in smoothies) strawberries. Ninth month though, it was all about mint organic-style oreos (can't remember the name, but they were soooo good). Probably why she came out almost 9 lbs.

• Like 2

Matt was not a doter at all. If a non doter is married to someone who has vomited so much they have to go to the hospital for dehydration and almost lose the baby 2 months in and it only goes downhill from there they learn to dote. My first pregnancy with chronic vomiting, heat stroke, bleeding, contractions in the first trimester etc. taught him to dote. My second was better, and this one's better still, but for the most part when I can eat he makes me food because it might be the last time I eat for days. I've already gone a 24 hour period without solids this time. It's no fun. I get good liquids in, but sometimes Mama just really wants a burger.

:iagree:  See above post mentioning smoothies. Protein and calorie-packed, because I mostly drank that or ate a slice of cheese. It was interesting that my oldest dd could out-eat me when I was pregnant.

• Like 2

No doting here. I came home from the hospital and did laundry.

I had my oldest daughter to dote on me after my second. Since she was 11, and I'd taught her to cook on a stove since age 7, I had breakfast in bed for a week. Add in church and homeschool groups, we also had dinner most nights of the week.

• Like 3

I love my husband, but if I'm ever seriously ill one of you is gonna have to take care of me. ;)

My dh worries to much to be good at doting. Note the other night when my bp was high. And he kept Waking Me Up to check that I was still alive. Seriously. Or he walks around with that overly-worried look. And checking if I'm ok every 5 minutes when all I want to do is sleep. Thankfully, I have my oldest to run interference and take care of me. I'm going to miss her when she's gone.

Tex, I'll see if Oldest wants  to take care of you too... She just informed me that she would love to take care of you. She also said that all you have to do is pay for her ticket there and she'll be there.

• Like 5

My dh worries to much to be good at doting. Note the other night when my bp was high. And he kept Waking Me Up to check that I was still alive. Seriously. Or he walks around with that overly-worried look. And checking if I'm ok every 5 minutes when all I want to do is sleep. Thankfully, I have my oldest to run interference and take care of me. I'm going to miss her when she's gone.

Tex, I'll see if Oldest wants to take care of you too... She just informed me that she would love to take care of you. She also said that all you have to do is pay for her ticket there and she'll be there.

What a wonderful heart she has! Between her and little Duckie I have all I need to face the world.
  • Like 6

Tex, I'll see if Oldest wants  to take care of you too... She just informed me that she would love to take care of you. She also said that all you have to do is pay for her ticket there and she'll be there.

I think maybe we should ship a case of duct tape to Oldest to kept dh from waking you up.  If you were well-rested, perhaps the evil numbers would come down.

• Like 4

I told Tex my birth stories the other day and she got scared.  Actually with ds18, my very experienced doctor (I specifically went to a doctor who specializes in difficult pregnancies) came in to tell me how scared she had been.  My labor nurses too came in to tell me the same and to make sure I was ok even though their shift was over.  

• Like 4

None of your posts are working for me.

So... um... I have no doctor...

Sadly, I cannot fix your problem, but I can say that you have a long time to find one and that, in my experience, a solution will present itself.  Being a c-section gal is easier if you need to travel to deliver because you can plan it.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

So what makes a good hula, Ellie?

Hmmm...no jazz hands or hands that look like roller coasters (unless that's what they're supposed to be portraying, lol); proper steps, in time with the music (now, there's a concept); facial expressions. I've shared many good hulas here, the ultimate ones such as the Merrie Monarch competitors, and the not-so-ultimate ones that nevertheless are still good (like the Haole Hula).

this one is not my favorite:

• Like 1

Sadly, I cannot fix your problem, but I can say that you have a long time to find one and that, in my experience, a solution will present itself. Being a c-section gal is easier if you need to travel to deliver because you can plan it.

With little dd, I had no doctor and no insurance. Dh had just started a new job and we were in the waiting period before insurance kicked in. Shockingly, I found a fabulous doctor who would accept me as private pay until my insurance kicked in and did not charge me until then, as well. I cried at her kindness.

We're with kaiser. Kaiser absorbed all of the ACA patients and they take presidence over regular kaiser patients so I can't even go on a waiting list. It's not like my husband's going to run out and get a new job with new insurance. He's been looking for a job that pays equal or more money for year and a half. I don't qualify for state insurance because I have Kaiser. I don't know what to do.

Hmmm...no jazz hands or hands that look like roller coasters (unless that's what they're supposed to be portraying, lol); proper steps, in time with the music (now, there's a concept); facial expressions. I've shared many good hulas here, the ultimate ones such as the Merrie Monarch competitors, and the not-so-ultimate ones that nevertheless are still good (like the Haole Hula).

this one is not my favorite:

That woman on the left side in the back, though. 

This video reminded me of a video I was watching with Oldest last year. We were looking at different dance programs at various universities. In one video, I commented to her that I did not realize there was such a thing as a good walk (modern dance-across the stage). Having been exposed to what was good so often helped me appreciate the goodness in a good walk. In other, just isn't.

Back to the hula. Arms, hands, and expression make a difference. I guess that was my point in this ramble.

• Like 1

That woman on the left side in the back, though. 

This video reminded me of a video I was watching with Oldest last year. We were looking at different dance programs at various universities. In one video, I commented to her that I did not realize there was such a thing as a good walk (modern dance-across the stage). Having been exposed to what was good so often helped me appreciate the goodness in a good walk. In other, just isn't.

Back to the hula. Arms, hands, and expression make a difference. I guess that was my point in this ramble.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I was re-reading what I wrote, and just don't know what I was saying here. I think I'm falling asleep.

• Like 2

Can't sleep. Dd17 is having a bit of a crisis over a friend of hers who suffers from depression and she feels she needs to make sure he is OK every night before "leaving" him for the night (facebook texting). I know - it is bad. Tonight she was sobbing uncontrollably and I essentially made her tell him that she is glad for his friendship and she will pray for him, but she had to go and will talk to him tomorrow.

She has been to counseling over this matter before, but I think we need to go back.

(We did text his mom to make sure he is OK.)

• Like 6

Can't sleep. Dd17 is having a bit of a crisis over a friend of hers who suffers from depression and she feels she needs to make sure he is OK every night before "leaving" him for the night (facebook texting). I know - it is bad. Tonight she was sobbing uncontrollably and I essentially made her tell him that she is glad for his friendship and she will pray for him, but she had to go and will talk to him tomorrow.

She has been to counseling over this matter before, but I think we need to go back.

(We did text his mom to make sure he is OK.)

Teens are so compassionate and also have such a hard time releasing responsibility for their friends.  Maybe she would like Boundaries for Teens?

• Like 4

The sleep report:  Did what I do.  Slept about five and a half hours, awakening at 5 am for no good reason.  I will be tired later, but this is doable.

Co-op later.  I have a game for my students to answer trivia questions about TKaM, and I showed them a bag of candy last week that I will pass out for those who answer questions.  I will divide them into two groups.  

It stormed hard last night.

• Like 4

Tex, glad the storm didn't mess with your minimum ration of sleep.  Sounds like a fun co-op plan and a good way to get them to speak up! 

I'm taking youngest with me to get oil change.  Will finish school with everyone else when I get home.  Then we're going out to eat early to celebrate oldest's birthday.  (I suppose I should have said eldest, but I'm not pretentious like Tex :lol: )

• Like 5

Completely pointless post regarding hair style issues:

So, I had my hair cut a couple inches shorter than my current picture back during the summer.  It was a great cut.  It was almost impossible to make it look bad.  Then I decided to grow it back out.  I have since had a trim - now I have neither the style in my picture nor the style from the summer.  I have hair that almost always looks blah.  Wah.  I have considered briefly returning to the summer cut, but I'm still leaning towards growing it out. 

Completely unrelated to my concurrent bad hair days, my calves are sore.  I rubbed horse ointment on them.  I smell like icey-hot now.  #betterthancatpee

Booyah / Booya!

• Like 4