Menu

Ignore this thread!

Put your socks and bathrobe in the dryer.  Fluff for 10 minutes on high.  Take them out and put them on. 

I'm cold right now, but do not own a dryer. Thanks to you, I will now lament my dryerlessness.

Ok, I'm done. I'm drinking coffee. Decaf.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Maybe it shouldn't be a "concert" so much as a show. You can speak on the meaning of Christmas, have a reading, a video clip or two, and share testimonies. You can have volunteers from the church do things as well.

I would just say no, but it's an idea.

I would rather play all 6 unaccompanied Bach violin sonatas and partitas nonstop than speak or give testimonies. :D Dh feels the same. We don't know anyone in the church (we live 900 miles away), and it just seems a little inappropriate to try to put together a variety show in place of an actual service, which it seems is what FIL wants.

I am guessing dh will simply have to say no to FIL and FIL will have to put together a service himself.

• Like 2

Look in your p.m.  I can't drive you there but I researched all the naturopathic physicians in your area and chose one that specializes in thyroid.  

Good, I was going to offer to make the calls myself, but see that both you and she got it together.

• Like 2

How about this: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Skye Boat Song, Military March, Frog Leg Rag, and Jolly Old St. Nicolas on recorder for the grand finale. I'm sure they'd never forget that service!

What a lineup! And, in honor of your homeschooling vocation, how about:

• Like 6

I would rather play all 6 unaccompanied Bach violin sonatas and partitas nonstop than speak or give testimonies. :D Dh feels the same. We don't know anyone in the church (we live 900 miles away), and it just seems a little inappropriate to try to put together a variety show in place of an actual service, which it seems is what FIL wants.

I am guessing dh will simply have to say no to FIL and FIL will have to put together a service himself.

Yup.  Boundary Time!  (Can't touch this!)

• Like 5

Bp report. 1pm, went to school nurse and she manually took my bp. It was 130/90.

I took it just now and it was 147/109. It's time for a pill anyway. It's the prek consultant's fault. She makes my blood pressure rise.

Okay, see, yet ANOTHER reason why I need a bazooka.  A wee little road trip and-WHAMO-Renai's blood pressure becomes much more manageable.

• Like 5

My humor is misunderstood on the shall thread.  Sigh.  Dry humor just doesn't play on the internet.

Sleep report:  Went to sleep fine at 11 with my usual pills and potions.  Dh came home at 2 a.m. and woke me up, and I was up until 6.  Then his alarm went off and woke me up, but he went back to sleep and I couldn't.  Then the kids set off the house alarm letting the dog out so I gave up and got up.  Dh slept until 11.

My odd father is coming to fix a small hole that dh knocked in ds12's wall awhile back.  He is bringing organic oranges.  I appreciate both.

Rock on, ITT-er's.  Rock on.

I do dry humor all the time here. You guys at least pretend to get me.

I feel the need to pop your dh upside the head.

It used to rain in oldest dd's room. Now it rains in her room and right outside her door in the hallway.

As she just noted, #thestruggleisreal

• Like 4

Yeah, I feel your pain. I have a feeling that your boy and my gymnast would get along really well. Maybe too well...

If we lived down the street from each other we would be at each other's houses all of the time. I would always be kidnapping her so that you could do homework and sleep and you could take mine for my frenzied cleaning and cooking days.

• Like 5

I do dry humor all the time here. You guys at least pretend to get me.

I feel the need to pop your dh upside the head.

It used to rain in oldest dd's room. Now it rains in her room and right outside her door in the hallway.

As she just noted, #thestruggleisreal

People just think I'm mad.   :huh: I'm hardly ever mad!  I'm just funny and dry-witted.

Renai, shall  you ring the landlord or shall I?

P.S.  I was displeased at the loss of sleep, but I will say in his defense that he was working.

• Like 3

People just think I'm mad.   :huh: I'm hardly ever mad!  I'm just funny and dry-witted.

Renai, shall  you ring the landlord or shall I?

P.S.  I was displeased at the loss of sleep, but I will say in his defense that he was working.

Ok, well. Hopefully, he doesn't go to bed like my dh - in the most annoying, I-need-to-announce-that-I'm-getting-into-bed way possible.

• Like 1

Ok, well. Hopefully, he doesn't go to bed like my dh - in the most annoying, I-need-to-announce-that-I'm-getting-into-bed way possible.

Sadly, no. It's all my sleep issues! Jean ordered me to sleep in a kid's room next time. I think I shall.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

Thank you, ITT friends - I certainly needed that chuckle, since I am in a rather cross mood. Dd's choir director emailed about a performance dd can't make, and did not believe that we notified her of the conflict back in August, even after we resent the original email. Then I couldn't find dd12 anywhere in the building after church youth group, only to find out that the girls had all gone to Starbucks. I am now the scary angry mom of church. And it's after 9 p.m. (#forellie) and dh hasn't left work yet.

I'm glad he has a job. I'm glad he has a job. I'm glad he has a job.

• Like 6

I did 3,000 words in two character profiles alone today, not counting at least four pages of notes longhand. In my defense the profiles were for my protagonist and antagonist, and both of those characters have at least six notebooks full of notes on them. Each. 

Never let it be said that I don't really try to get to know a person before I make his or her life... um...interesting. :D

Other than write I've done almost nothing today. 

Kind of fun to tell you the truth.

• Like 5

Boundaries seems to be under the impression that I'm so patient with my mother because I think it will make her love me and the reason I become so upset isn't because of what she says, but because I'm not receiving the love I'm waiting for. Makes a lot of sense.

• Like 3

It is really difficult to stop wanting your mother to mother you. The alternative is that you are motherless and always will be. It's terrible.

But I am not FATHERless! I also have a wonderful husband, children, earthly father, and friends who love me. And a dog.

• Like 6

FYI - if you are ever wondering why your child is not scheduled to play in a recital in four days, and the teacher tells you it's because neither you nor your child notified the teacher (i.e. "signed up to play something") despite the several email and classroom announcements that were made giving instructions on the matter, then you need to just shut up about it and follow directions for the spring recital.

Not. Performing. Get over it.

• Like 4

FYI - if you are ever wondering why your child is not scheduled to play in a recital in four days, and the teacher tells you it's because neither you nor your child notified the teacher (i.e. "signed up to play something") despite the several email and classroom announcements that were made giving instructions on the matter, then you need to just shut up about it and follow directions for the spring recital.

Not. Performing. Get over it.

It's nice that you're having such a wonderful day.

• Like 4