Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning ITT people.

Here is a silly painting I did a month or so ago titled "Charles Dreams of Becoming a Ballroom Dancer"

KAMuwtg.jpg

Don't quit the day job, right? ;)

I would buy that for a kids room.  It's wonderful.  Love the title.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I would buy that for a kids room.  It's wonderful.  Love the title.

That's the vibe I had in mind, so I'm glad it conveys. :)

I did another in that vein but I don't like it quite as well:

"Steve Ruins his Passport Photo"

mXGsBv5.jpg

• Like 3

That's the vibe I had in mind, so I'm glad it conveys. :)

I did another in that vein but I don't like it quite as well:

"Steve Ruins his Passport Photo"

mXGsBv5.jpg

Love the subtle ink.  It's part of the composition and suddenly amusing when viewed in the context of the title.  But explain the water droplet.  It doesn't jive for me.

• Like 3

Love the subtle ink.  It's part of the composition and suddenly amusing when viewed in the context of the title.  But explain the water droplet.  It doesn't jive for me.

The water droplet is a "sweat mark" used in manga and anime art to convey embarrassment or stress. I hemmed and hawed over whether to include something relatively niche like that but I just enjoyed it too much personally not to put it there. :)

• Like 1

The water droplet is a "sweat mark" used in manga and anime art to convey embarrassment or stress. I hemmed and hawed over whether to include something relatively niche like that but I just enjoyed it too much personally not to put it there. :)

Well now it makes sense.  :thumbup1:

• Like 2

Things I learned early this morning about the time Lynn was getting up:

1. If you have to go to the kitchen to find Tylenol for your fever, don't loiter about because you will start to pass out.

2. A leather sofa at 4am feels wonderfully cold.

TGIF!

Go ITT, Go!

You poor thing!! Many :grouphug:

• Like 5

So I am outta likes again.

Tex, sorry to hear about Mr. Hamster.  Have him checked, if only for your peace of mind.  Poor little guy.  

Susan and all others still sick.... GET WELL SOON!

Mark.  Move to Rockport, MA.  Beautiful little artists' colony on the Atlantic.  You and Steve and Charles would feel right at home.  And you could spend your days with your family kayaking and fishing and strolling along the neck sipping coffee and eating clam chowder.  Except for the other nine months out of the year.  In which you shovel.  

• Like 5

Mark, love the colors in both the "kid's room" paintings.  Fun!

Susan, you passed out?  Ack!  That's a BA fever.  Hope you are feeling better!  :grouphug:

Tex, if hamster is happy and not hurting, it all sounds good to me.  (Or, my Dad might say it's time for him to join the marines.  #euphemism)

Ikslo - Thanks for the hugs.  Your co-workers sound like a teenager I know.

• Like 4

The co-op student and mom with a problem dropped my class this week.

:applause:

(Eta: I wish that emoji popped up on the iPad. I have too many emoji codes running around in my head. Picture the little clapping guy.)

That whole 10% of the people causing 90% of the problem? Well, you just hit the jackpot. Those are usually the ones that NEVER leave. Oh happy day.

• Like 4

Ahhhh, a quiet Friday evening. Dh is at work. ( :crying: ) Aforementioned teenager is at a social event. ( :glare: ) Next three dc are playing together blissfully. ( :001_wub: ) Youngest is watching Fox and the Hound 2. ( :P ) I am :chillpill: and :cheers2:

Great!!!! You read my mind.

• Like 1

Random thought:  I was re-skimming parts of the WTM (1st edition) and ya know SWB clearly says she is laying out every option you *could* do, but that not many would do all (including examples of trade-offs that might need to be made) AND that liking her LA suggestions does not mean a person should toss a perfectly good math program that's working well just to sub in one of her suggestions.  Do you know how many posts here could be answered by quoting that one simple paragraph?  First Edition, people!  Not hard to understand.  (Do you think poor Susan just shakes her head and sighs when she reads our great suggestions for the 4th edition?  She must be thinking "Did you people even read my book?!"  She is so gracious!)

• Like 5

Random thought:  I was re-skimming parts of the WTM (1st edition) and ya know SWB clearly says she is laying out every option you *could* do, but that not many would do all (including examples of trade-offs that might need to be made) AND that liking her LA suggestions does not mean a person should toss a perfectly good math program that's working well just to sub in one of her suggestions.  Do you know how many posts here could be answered by quoting that one simple paragraph?  First Edition, people!  Not hard to understand.  (Do you think poor Susan just shakes her head and sighs when she reads our great suggestions for the 4th edition?  She must be thinking "Did you people even read my book?!"  She is so gracious!)

This is why we are BFF's.  :D

• Like 4

Another random thought:  I am SO blessed by listening to my 3 middle dc play.  I'm hearing all kinds of random stuff.  Death is female in Latin.  Legions are female in Latin.  10yo is singing "Everything is female" to the tune of the Lego Movie song.  And sometimes ds 13yo adds impersonations from various movie characters.  Cracks me up. 

Youngest is sitting on the couch with a bowl of plain noodles and a container of parmesan cheese.  I have reached a new milestone:  parmesan cheese on the couch. 

• Like 6

I survived shopping.

We now have decent shoes that fit. Ds6 had been wearing dd6s pink clogs the last two days. Since he did not care; It was kinda cute. :)

When I used to use cloth diapers many moons ago, I have a picture of one of the boys in a purple cloth diaper.  It is so stinking cute! 

• Like 4

Lynn, I hope your day turned out happier than it started.

Susan, I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks - I am finding that if I keep a steady flow of Tylenol/ibuprofin in me, I can at least get the fever down to 100. I was supposed to go out to a German restaurant tonight with dh and some friends. Instead I am trying to find something interesting to watch on Netflix.

#pout

• Like 2

I think little dd needs an eye exam.  I wear contacts, but none of my kids have ever needed glasses.  Do I need to take her to a pediatric opthamologist?  I just go to Walmart or wherever is easy and cheap for myself usually.  Is this okay for a kid?  It will be out of pocket, and I don't think she has any major issues but is complaining of blurry vision and headaches when looking at words.  I don't know where to start so if you have a kid with glasses, clue me in.  :)

Thanks - I am finding that if I keep a steady flow of Tylenol/ibuprofin in me, I can at least get the fever down to 100. I was supposed to go out to a German restaurant tonight with dh and some friends. Instead I am trying to find something interesting to watch on Netflix.

#pout

Do you think it's the flu?  (I'm sorry I'm asking stupid questions...I've been thread skimming the past couple of days.)

• Like 1

Another random thought: I am SO blessed by listening to my 3 middle dc play. I'm hearing all kinds of random stuff. Death is female in Latin. Legions are female in Latin. 10yo is singing "Everything is female" to the tune of the Lego Movie song. And sometimes ds 13yo adds impersonations from various movie characters. Cracks me up.

Youngest is sitting on the couch with a bowl of plain noodles and a container of parmesan cheese. I have reached a new milestone: parmesan cheese on the couch.

Love this!!!!

Your dd7 and my dd6 would get along great......plain noodles and parmesan is her favorite. On the couch is even better.:D

• Like 4

I think little dd needs an eye exam.  I wear contacts, but none of my kids have ever needed glasses.  Do I need to take her to a pediatric opthamologist?  I just go to Walmart or wherever is easy and cheap for myself usually.  Is this okay for a kid?  It will be out of pocket, and I don't think she has any major issues but is complaining of blurry vision and headaches when looking at words.  I don't know where to start so if you have a kid with glasses, clue me in.   :)

Well, the only one I have in glasses flunked the screening at a regular check up and they referred up to a pediatric opth.  I think she's probably due for a re-check (it's been two years), and I'm considering taking her where I go (a glasses place).  For one thing, the pediatric opth. does dilation and the place I go does some other imaging thing and really I think that's sufficient unless you have specific issues or get to a certain age that you're at risk for glaucoma or macular degeneration (or whatever it's called.)  So, my very unprofessional opinion:  go to WalMart. 

• Like 4

Well, the only one I have in glasses flunked the screening at a regular check up and they referred up to a pediatric opth.  I think she's probably due for a re-check (it's been two years), and I'm considering taking her where I go (a glasses place).  For one thing, the pediatric opth. does dilation and the place I go does some other imaging thing and really I think that's sufficient unless you have specific issues or get to a certain age that you're at risk for glaucoma or macular degeneration (or whatever it's called.)  So, my very unprofessional opinion:  go to WalMart. 

Thanks!

:001_wub:   Thank you.  This is a huge compliment.  I don't do fun. 

Noodles on the couch is fun.  :D

• Like 2

Love this!!!!

Your dd7 and my dd6 would get along great......plain noodles and parmesan is her favorite. On the couch is even better. :D

Funny thing is, she CRIED when I told her we were having spaghetti and was nearly sent to her room.  I think she's eaten more noodles than everyone else combined, lol.  :D

• Like 3

I think little dd needs an eye exam. I wear contacts, but none of my kids have ever needed glasses. Do I need to take her to a pediatric opthamologist? I just go to Walmart or wherever is easy and cheap for myself usually. Is this okay for a kid? It will be out of pocket, and I don't think she has any major issues but is complaining of blurry vision and headaches when looking at words. I don't know where to start so if you have a kid with glasses, clue me in. :)

We go to Wal-Mart vision. Dh and I both wear contacts. Ds20 has perfect vision. Dd16 wears contact and glasses. Both twins have had their eyes checked there, and are fine. The eye Dr said usually changes occur during puberty or about that time. That is when Dd 16 got glasses.

• Like 2

Well, the only one I have in glasses flunked the screening at a regular check up and they referred up to a pediatric opth. I think she's probably due for a re-check (it's been two years), and I'm considering taking her where I go (a glasses place). For one thing, the pediatric opth. does dilation and the place I go does some other imaging thing and really I think that's sufficient unless you have specific issues or get to a certain age that you're at risk for glaucoma or macular degeneration (or whatever it's called.) So, my very unprofessional opinion: go to WalMart.

I agree about the dilation. WalMart doesn't do this unless your at risk. They do "some other imaging thing" too.

• Like 1

Susan, if you're fever is not responding better than that to tylenol and ibuprofen (alternating), you need to get to a doctor.   :grouphug:   

your

I agree about the dilation. WalMart doesn't do this unless your at risk. They do "some other imaging thing" too.

you're

It's Friday night and I am homeschooling a whiny, fussy bear, so I am picking apart people's grammar online.  I am so lame.

• Like 4

7yo dd is into codes.  I just gave her a Scholastic book from my childhood about sending secret codes and messages.  Saved it 35+ years and finally one of my dc appreciates it.  :001_wub:

We did a mystery party one year.  The invitation was in code.  I included a key.  I still had people calling to ask what it said.   :svengo:

• Like 5

50 mg of Trazodone is not the answer.   I fell asleep at 4 am and had to get up at 7 am to go get bloodwork, which I was motivated to do because the faster the cause of my problems is determined, the faster I can get help.  And I need help.  

Tonight I will take 100 mg.  If that doesn't work, I will check myself into the funny farm proactively and wait to become psychotic, which is what happens from prolonged sleep deprivation.

Here ya go. You will want to skip about 15 minutes of this when he falls down to go to sleep.

• Like 2