• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I am watching some Hellboy movie with dh and dd16. Sadly, my interest has waned to the point of wanting to go downstairs and put more laundry in the dryer as an excuse to get away.

You may do mine as well.

Don't forget the oxyclean, and check each piece for stains before drying, thankyouverymuch.  

{I once had a lovely little laundry system that made the whole process a delightful bearable breeze.  Then my house broke, and with it, the system.  Plus I'm suffering from a severe case of ennui.}

• Like 3

You may do mine as well.

Don't forget the oxyclean, and check each piece for stains before drying, thankyouverymuch.

{I once had a lovely little laundry system that made the whole process a delightful bearable breeze. Then my house broke, and with it, the system. Plus I'm suffering from a severe case of ennui.}

Extra credit for use of the word "ennui".
  • Like 6

I learned it while preparing to take the SAT's at age 14.  Got a perfect score as a result. 

That's a bald-faced lie: I learned it from one of the early episodes of the Gilmore Girls.  

I learned it from you, defined by Google, 20 minutes ago.   :)

• Like 3

I'd like a ruling from The Queen.

The New Revised ITT, as a matter of fact; which transcribes "Booyah" with an "h" in deference to its original Hebrew root, "byh".

Its meaning largely mirrors current urban slang use, namely: A mocking or arrogant exclamation used to taunt a loser one has just beaten. 

But the original Hebrew also carried with it a sense of "Pride cometh before a fall, Slache."  

• Like 8

The New Revised ITT, as a matter of fact; which transcribes "Booyah" with an "h" in deference to its original Hebrew root, "byh".

Its meaning largely mirrors current urban slang use, namely: A mocking or arrogant exclamation used to taunt a loser one has just beaten.

But the original Hebrew also carried with it a sense of "Pride cometh before a fall, Slache."

Obviously a different word.

• Like 1

You may do mine as well.

{I once had a lovely little laundry system that made the whole process a delightful bearable breeze.  Then my house broke, and with it, the system.  Plus I'm suffering from a severe case of ennui.}

Extra credit for use of the word "ennui".

I had to look it up on google.

• Like 2

That would be me. I'm not arguing about this right now but I am self proclaimed winner and queen of the ignore thread. It's a thing.

Um, that would be No.

Queen is, and always has been, Ellie. AMJ is self-proclaimed matriarch in her absence.

• Like 6

Ha!

You forgot the theme song. What's up with everyone forgetting the theme song? Once again:

It is the thread that never ends

It just goes on and on my friends.

People - started posting not knowing what it was

And they'll just keep on posting stuff forever just because...

It is the thread that never ends...

• Like 4

A real bestie speaks truth, even if it hurts. So, we are still besties. Deal with it.  :001_tt2:  

Don't take it personally, Renai.  All her relationships end this way.

I know.  I'm her Wilson.  She's my House.    

{ETA:  Slache, this is a reference to a Fox Medical Drama starring Hugh Laurie.  On a box called a TV. }

• Like 1

I'm too tired to argue this further. And I loved House. I can play the theme on guitar.

I've seen House, ER, Bones, some of Alias, Lost, Fringe, OUAT, OUAT In Wonderland, Castle, and probably two or three more I can't remember.

• Like 2