• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I think you should start a hula ministry at your church, Ellie. No one would suspect you of an improper hula ministry. It would be totally legit. :)

But there has to be more than one dancer. Amazingly, here in Central Texas people don't love hula. I can't figure it out, lol.

• Like 2

This is AMAZING. I just told Gil, on the chat board, to make some videos of his abnormal chattering cat and post them on YouTube.:) He could make millions, get a big house with a room for the annoyingly (is that a word) loud cat.:D

Cat videos are so popular. Hope he remembers where he heard it first.:)

• Like 2

On a more serious note, tomorrow Mr. Ellie and I are attending the funeral of a dear friend who passed away the day after her 91st birthday. She loved Jesus with all her heart, and I'm expecting the funeral to be a celebration of a life well lived.

We went over to her home last Saturday; her daughters called together friends and family members to sing a few hymns and pray for the Lord to take her home quickly. We laughed and cried and prayed. Oh, if only we could all leave this world so peacefully and seamlessly and step into the loving arms of Jesus!

• Like 7

On a more serious note, tomorrow Mr. Ellie and I are attending the funeral of a dear friend who passed away the day after her 91st birthday. She loved Jesus with all her heart, and I'm expecting the funeral to be a celebration of a life well lived.

We went over to her home last Saturday; her daughters called together friends and family members to sing a few hymns and pray for the Lord to take her home quickly. We laughed and cried and prayed. Oh, if only we could all leave this world so peacefully and seamlessly and step into the loving arms of Jesus!

I so, so wish it could always be this way. 

:grouphug:

I remember being really thin, and really unhealthy. I'm glad I recognized it as unhealthy though. There were some big girls who could do flips around me, literally. I was inspired by them. Then, I got pregnant at 36. That'll change things! Well, actually, a couple of years prior to that, I distinctly remember hiking one day and felt my ab muscles give up the ghost. It was like, they just decided, "I ain't doin' this no mo'!" Anyway, after baby, I looked at my body (remember, 4'11", almost 9lber) and thinking I was a mess. Then decided I was going to love the skin I was in because I'm mom. I still decided to get healthy though, but in a "I want to be good to myself" way.

So, remember gals, be good to yourselves!

:clapping:

• Like 1

Wow, that sounds like such a beautiful way to go to God. I always pray that my in-laws get to fall asleep in each other's arms and wake up to Jesus... but this sounds amazing. You story brought tears to my eyes, Ellie.

• Like 1

(((hugs)))  But that is a lovely way to go.

Ellie, hugs to you and your friend's family. What a wonderful way to pass!

TYVM. I hope that Mr. Ellie and I both have this experience. :-)

Also, on a less serious note, I too have 0 warning points. And I don't want any... They sound horrible. :D However, I am curious how one acquires warning points.

One must be rude, crude, and socially unattractive.

When I first started posting here, someone I knew from another forum--actually, from a couple of forums, including VS--and whom I had actually met IRL, where she stayed at my home for a weekend and I stayed at hers, had inexplicably begun attacking me, and she badgered me to such an extent that TPTB banned her from this forum (she was banned on the other one, as well, for similar behavior towards several people).

So don't do that.

Also, don't continue to post certain topics when you've been warned not to.

• Like 1

I liked those birth stories.   :)

FYI, this is top secret information.  (SHHHHH...<whispers>....I am starting to think about trying to keep the foster cat once she weans her kittens...she is precious, laid back, and friendly.  This may or may not be a terrible idea.  We have another cat who is particular and has an auto immune condition so Lily would need to accept Phoebe.  Phoebe has claws, and Lily was declawed when she came to us.  We will not declaw a cat, but dh objects to cats claws.  Sigh.  I have a lot of issues here.)

• Like 3

So, I'm at work and waiting painfully for the boss to get back and check my work so that I can go home. He's napping. I know he's napping. He knows I know he's napping. He won't admit he's napping. So I have a story. Eh eh hem.

I had gotten out of the shower and my husband was blocking the dresser so I asked for panties and a shirt. He handed me pink panties with very little fabric which I did not want to wear in the cold building under my skirt so I asked for my oh so attractive gray granny panties. My husband complained and what I thought was "I'm just wearing them to work and will get a shower and change when I get home". What I actually said was "I'm just wearing them for Pastor".

I have this gift of wording things poorly, as does my husband. One of his best ones was "You look good, you just still look pregnant."

• Like 7

So, I'm at work and waiting painfully for the boss to get back and check my work so that I can go home. He's napping. I know he's napping. He knows I know he's napping. He won't admit he's napping. So I have a story. Eh eh hem.

I had gotten out of the shower and my husband was blocking the dresser so I asked for panties and a shirt. He handed me pink panties with very little fabric which I did not want to wear in the cold building under my skirt so I asked for my oh so attractive gray granny panties. My husband complained and what I thought was "I'm just wearing them to work and will get a shower and change when I get home". What I actually said was "I'm just wearing them for Pastor".

I have this gift of wording things poorly, as does my husband. One of his best ones was "You look good, you just still look pregnant."

:smilielol5:

• Like 1

This thread is on page 4 of the new content; I think there has been some kind of breakdown, folks. 

So I'll just toss in my news to help everyone out!  :)  I found a way to take karate classes!  I haven't trained regularly in about 14 years.  I went to my second class last night and loved it, but this morning I feel OLD!  Ow, ow, ow.

• Like 3

That had to be the best batch of shameful post padding I've seen in a long time. I'm so proud.

Thank you very much!  I had to do something memorable before leaving on our trip.  I'm back now, and gratified to see that this thread reached page 33.  However, I had to SEARCH for the thread -- it didn't show up in 4 pages of New Content.  What have you all been doing while I've been gone?  People just aren't taking this thread seriously....

• Like 2

#giveitupnowitisntpossible

#refusingtogiveupdeterminedtoreaditallaftermultipledaysofdriving

#needtoreturntomynormaltypeofinsanity

#goingtokillthekidsiftheykeepplayingthesingingreindeertheirgrandpagavethemforAprilFoolspresents

#eventhoughIwokethekidsuptodaybyplayingsaidsingingreindeer

• Like 5

Thanks AMJ, I'm not nearly as behind as I thought. 80 one word post are easy to read!

Wow, was it that many?  I'll have to go back to re-read and admire my own audacity!

This thread is on page 4 of the new content; I think there has been some kind of breakdown, folks. 

So I'll just toss in my news to help everyone out!  :)  I found a way to take karate classes!  I haven't trained regularly in about 14 years.  I went to my second class last night and loved it, but this morning I feel OLD!  Ow, ow, ow.

That's awesome! And don't worry, you probably didn't feel that great after you first started either.

• Like 4

I guess the site went down last night. :thumbdown:  But I didn't know that, I thought it was my internet connection. :confused1:  Then I thought I was kicked off because I was bragging I had 0 warning points. :crying:  

Paranoid, aren't I?

I have no friends, you all are all I got. :grouphug:  :001_wub:

• Like 2