Menu

Auburn Alabama, please?

Ipsey

That's enough.  "War Eagle" is always enough.  It is a stand-alone sentence; it expresses a complete thought; it works as a greeting or as a cheer.

Congratulations, and War Eagle!

Awesome, I'm practically a native then.  :lol:

ETA: ROTFLMBO, I originally typed "naive" instead of "native" I think that's telling!

I live in Tuscaloosa, so I'm absolutely no help at all, but I can tell you this.  If "War Eagle" is anything at all like "Roll Tide", then plansrme is absolutely correct.  It doesn't matter what is said, how it is said, or what needs to happen next.  In Auburn, the words "War Eagle" will *always* be appropriate.  You know plenty already, as long as you don't have trouble saying those two words together.   :lol:  I would imagine that those two words would make it really easy to make friends, too.  

I live in Tuscaloosa, so I'm absolutely no help at all, but I can tell you this. If "War Eagle" is anything at all like "Roll Tide", then plansrme is absolutely correct. It doesn't matter what is said, how it is said, or what needs to happen next. In Auburn, the words "War Eagle" will *always* be appropriate. You know plenty already, as long as you don't have trouble saying those two words together. :lol: I would imagine that those two words would make it really easy to make friends, too.

"War Eagle" is nothing like "Roll Tide." (I would insert the glaring emoji here if I were not on my phone.)

OP, my experience with living in Auburn is as a student, and it is too old to be of any relevance, but I do think that Auburn is one of the few real college towns left. It is bigger than it used to be, of course, but if you are up for living in a college town, it is really lovely. The students are everywhere, of course, but they are a fairly well-behaved bunch.

Just a student there too, but have a dear friend who has stayed and still lives in Opelika. It is a great little town. Wonderful for raising a family. Excellent school system. It is still small, but has everything I would want. It has grown tremendously since I was there. (Still go back now and then.) There is a great deal of poverty in the more rural areas around there. I was shocked when I went into the outlying school systems as a student teacher. (It has been quite a while, but I would guess it is still the same.) Some students did not have indoor bathrooms and lived in conditions I thought had been eliminated. Overall, it is a place I would happily settle. (Though at this point, the summer heat would be hard on my. I have gotten used to a slightly cooler climate.)

well they have chucks bbq. 🙌 I'd live there just v for that lol. All seriousness The years I spent visiting auburn and surrounding areas I found it to be a nice quaint area. In laws lived there for years and kept their girls very busy with all the community activities offered at reasonable costs. it's a very pretty area of the south to live in. Sorry not much help.

Do you have any specific questions? 

I'm not sure where you would be moving from.  Homeschooling in Alabama is fairly easy.  You are required to have a cover school.  Depending on which cover you use, they have their own requirements.  The state of AL only requires attendance to be kept and reported to the cover once a year.  No set number of days are required, just that you keep up with it. 

Traffic around the college can be pretty bad especially on football home games.  They have everything that a typical city have: movie theater, mall, Target (that maybe Opelika technically), etc. 

I don't know anything about the homeschool groups out that way as I'm about an hour away.

Oh, and War Eagle!

Auburn is my hometown! I grew up there; my dad is a pastor and we moved from Birmingham, AL down to Auburn when I was little. I went to Auburn University there and met my husband; he was in the Air Force ROTC program, and then we spent 21 years in the AF moving all over the place. We're in Kansas City now, as civilians, but my parents are still in the Auburn/Opelika area and it's wonderful. Auburn is a smallish town, but the university gives it a great atmosphere. My mom got her degree in French while I was in high school, and she was always bringing home international students to have dinner with us, so we kids always felt in touch with interesting people from other cultures. I'm 48 now, so Auburn has grown a ton since I was little, meaning it has some of the stores that you used to have to drive to Atlanta, GA to get to. And I have to warn you: football is almost a religion there, so beware! I adore SEC football: it produces all sorts of strong emotions in me, but it's worse in the folks still living there. However, it's a friendly place, and I really miss the South!