Menu

Introductory economics text for high school?

DVD or CD video lectures
Teaching Company: Economics (secular; 36 30-minute lectures on micro and macro economics) 
Thinkwell: Economics (secular; 180 video lessons on micro and macro economics)
- Switched On Schoolhouse (Christian; comes as a bundle with Government; CD-Rom lessons)

Texts
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Economics (Gorman)
Economics for Dummies (Masaki)
Economics in a Box (books and DVDs program)

Past Thread with more ideas
Government and Economics -- not rigorous

Edited by Lori D.

Warning:  I haven't used this. I'm just throwing it out as an option as it seemed like it might match what you are looking for.

Simply Put:  a Study in Economics

Teacher Key

Here are threads with Economics tags.

This thread has someone looking for a 'fairly simple economics course' and this one has several recommendations for economics, Good luck!

We're doing Econ right now - one semester, non-AP. We are using Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt, The Wordly Philosophers: The Lives, Times and Ideas of the Great Economic Thinkers by Robert Heilbroner and excerpts from ECON: Microeconomics by William McEachern to cover basic concepts. For a fun explanation of some terms, we're watching "EconMovies" on Youtube by Jacob Clifford (a link to one: "EconMovies 1: Star Wars [scarcity, Choices and Exchange] is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-dZSdzymk)" So far, DS (a high school senior) is enjoying the class and has actually started using economic terms in family discussions :001_cool:

My son just finished a semester long economics course from the Notgrass company. It was excellent. He has never studied economics before, and yesterday he told me he really enjoyed this course. It is written in a very easy-to-understand conversational way, and is written from a Biblical worldview.