Menu

7/30 exercizers!!!!

Take heart; summer is NOT OVER until I get back from the shore, which will be 9/9. Of course, that's a Tuesday, and we're taking off until the following Monday, so summer isn't officially over until September 15th.

Then again, according to the calendar, the first day of fall is September 22. :party:

5.54 miles today!! In 54 minutes. I'm so happy that I was able to keep up that pace for the entire run! Wooohooo!! Not that I want to run that far again anytime soon! That was HARD!!!

Wow that is a great time for 5.54 miles I cannot imagine keeping up that pace for such a long run.

I walked 5.5 miles this morning, and I am not saying what my time was so there. Dh walked the last 2 miles with me and I am really enjoying the time we are spending together walking.

Awesome job, ladies! I walked again with The Sister for ~3 miles. This was our LAST DAY--she's back to Portland, OR, tomorrow. :crying:

Yesterday we also did the long walk, and then we took 5 children (between the ages of 5-10) to Monticello for the day. Do I get a purple heart for that?! :D

Now the tough part is going to be keeping the momentum going once she leaves.... It's been great to be able to go OUTSIDE every morning, because her husband has been at our house. My DH does the overnight shiftwork thing, so there are many mornings where I simply cannot leave the house at all.

I have lost motivation the past few weeks. Not sure why I am in a slump but I am. So today when I came home from breakfast I sat here thinking what the heck am I doing. My choices are a.) have a woe is me pitty party. or b.) get my butt and gear and do something for myself. DD was being good and ds was willing to watch her. I got dressed and was going to do 1min walk 1min run, 1min walk 2w min run etc. Thenafter 3 min I got charged up and decided to go 45min and well I did it. 3.75 miles. Not my best time but it's done none the less.

Great job getting out there ladies. Congratulations to those achieving their distance/time goals. My goal is to get to 10min miles consistently.

My sister (who I am visiting) and I run every morning. This has been great (and hopefully will ward off some of those holiday pounds from the extra eating). We've also run a route that includes three long hills so I feel like I'm getting stronger.

Well I better go and continue vacationing.

5.54 miles today!! In 54 minutes. I'm so happy that I was able to keep up that pace for the entire run! Wooohooo!! Not that I want to run that far again anytime soon! That was HARD!!!

GREAT job Jennifer!

Can I call you Jen? I tend to call "Jennifer" friends Jen. I feel like a friend but also that I need to ask. Can I call you Jen? It's almost come out several times.

Awesome job, ladies! I walked again with The Sister for ~3 miles. This was our LAST DAY--she's back to Portland, OR, tomorrow. :crying:

Yesterday we also did the long walk, and then we took 5 children (between the ages of 5-10) to Monticello for the day. Do I get a purple heart for that?! :D

Now the tough part is going to be keeping the momentum going once she leaves.... It's been great to be able to go OUTSIDE every morning, because her husband has been at our house. My DH does the overnight shiftwork thing, so there are many mornings where I simply cannot leave the house at all.

Great job walking this morning. I hope you can keep the momentum going!

Did 4.8 miles today, 47 minutes. I meant to do 5 but didn't check to make sure my chosen route was 5 until after I ran! I can feel my legs getting stronger, which is nice! And, my feet having been hurting as much, which is great!

Great job to all of you!!!!:)

Shucks for the tiny bit lost! But good job on your run!

Actually, I did a run/walk combination. I hadn't been finishing my long runs lately, so I was thrilled to do so today. 43 minutes. Slow (as usual), but finished!!

My right foot was asleep the last 3/4 mile. Argh! It had stopped doing that, so I'm very annoyed that it's back.

Good job on your walk/run. I've never heard of anyone having a foot fall asleep while exercising. hmmm....

I have lost motivation the past few weeks. Not sure why I am in a slump but I am. So today when I came home from breakfast I sat here thinking what the heck am I doing. My choices are a.) have a woe is me pitty party. or b.) get my butt and gear and do something for myself. DD was being good and ds was willing to watch her. I got dressed and was going to do 1min walk 1min run, 1min walk 2w min run etc. Thenafter 3 min I got charged up and decided to go 45min and well I did it. 3.75 miles. Not my best time but it's done none the less.

Great job getting out there ladies. Congratulations to those achieving their distance/time goals. My goal is to get to 10min miles consistently.

Well, you got out there and did something. I think you did rather well in fact!

My sister (who I am visiting) and I run every morning. This has been great (and hopefully will ward off some of those holiday pounds from the extra eating). We've also run a route that includes three long hills so I feel like I'm getting stronger.

Great job on the run! Yes, vacation while you can!

4 miles in 36:03! This was my time for the RACE! Last year I ran the same race in 44 minutes. :) Here's what was on my favorite running shirt:

Sugar and Spice

And Advil and Ice

That's what Runner Girls are made of!

Isn't that great?

Wonderful improvement! I like the shirt saying as well.

We couldn't go to our normal place but we did make it out. The normal place was closed due to wet trails. The other place was dry so I'm not sure if the usual needed to be closed. This was the first time in the woods with the new bike. It went ok. There was a near fall, but I actually got my foot out in time! (That's been the problem every time I fall, can't get my foot unclipped.) We would have gone farther, but well, I don't really want to go into why. I doesn't have anything to do with that pesky aunt who visits though.

DH called me an enigma. I'll ride down the hill to the pool but I won't ride down hills in the woods. BIG difference though - to the pool is a not straight smooth down hill. In the woods there are roots and switchbacks.

Then we took my bike to the bike store for a 30 day check up. Marcie, the only lady who works there, told me to give her a call sometime and she'd ride with me. When I complained that I go slow, she told me that was not a problem. When she goes out to train, she is out there to go fast, but when she is just out in the woods, she is happy to just ride. DH says I should meet up with her sometime. I like Marcie so maybe I will.

Okay, I came back meaning to individually tell each person what a great job they did today. But, I'm taking the easy way out and telling you all in one post that you did a great job today. I feel like slug not running 2 days in a row, but I'm saving up for a 10k tomorrow. The less irritated my sciatica is, the better.

So way to go everyone!

Wow, ladies, there some great runs/walks listed here. I'm impressed by our collective muscle powering, stamina building routines. Way to go!

And Lynn!!!!! I'm so proud of you for making the decision to do something for yourself. Yay! for you! I will be watching for your posts each day. ;) Accountability, girl, accountability.

Dh and I went to a local Nature Center to hike this morning. We did 4 miles with lots of vertical elements. Some of the steps built into the cliffs are steep. Up gets my heart and breathing in gear, down works my knees like crazy. Walking the nature center takes more muscle than walking on pavement. Dirt paths, rocky trails, steep hills. We loved it.

The great feeling is knowing that I'm stronger and in better shape than I've been in years.

Seeing a few slim lizards, red cardinals, and Monarch butterflies didn't hurt a thing either. ;)

Good job on your walk/run. I've never heard of anyone having a foot fall asleep while exercising. hmmm....

It's not unheard of. It's usually related to how the shoe is tied. I have to keep the laces across the middle part of the shoe looser than I typically would. At least, I think that's what stopped it before.

Wow that is a great time for 5.54 miles I cannot imagine keeping up that pace for such a long run.

I walked 5.5 miles this morning, and I am not saying what my time was so there. Dh walked the last 2 miles with me and I am really enjoying the time we are spending together walking.

Thanks! 10 min/mile is my goal time for the long race!

Great walk! Congrats on your weight loss, BTW. I am seriously impressed!

You CAN do it!!!!! Is there another time of day that works better for you? And, yes, you deserve a medal of honor for taking 5 kids to Monticello!!!

Did 4.8 miles today, 47 minutes. I meant to do 5 but didn't check to make sure my chosen route was 5 until after I ran! I can feel my legs getting stronger, which is nice! And, my feet having been hurting as much, which is great!

Great job to all of you!!!!:)

Great time!!! I hate when I don't check the route and then it's shorter. But, you were so close!!! Go run a quick 200 tonight! LOL

Actually, I did a run/walk combination. I hadn't been finishing my long runs lately, so I was thrilled to do so today. 43 minutes. Slow (as usual), but finished!!

My right foot was asleep the last 3/4 mile. Argh! It had stopped doing that, so I'm very annoyed that it's back.

Great job!!!! Your runs have been improving!! I hope you figure out what is causing the foot being asleep. Sounds annoying!

My choices are a.) have a woe is me pitty party. or b.) get my butt and gear and do something for myself. DD was being good and ds was willing to watch her. I got dressed and was going to do 1min walk 1min run, 1min walk 2w min run etc. Thenafter 3 min I got charged up and decided to go 45min and well I did it. 3.75 miles. Not my best time but it's done none the less.

Great job!!!!! I have those kinds of days where I think I'll just run a little and then I get out there and it feels great!!!

Wow Jennifer! Way to go.

Thanks!! Just a few months ago, I wouldn't have thought this was possible!!!

I went 2 miles. I was a bit hindered by some nasty feminine infection, but I was determined to run today.:D

I also scrubbed down my kitchen and bathroom. Does that count?

Oh yes, scrubbing counts!!!! Great run!!!!

Great job!!!! I wish my sis would run with me! Hills are KILLER!!!!

4 miles in 36:03! This was my time for the RACE! Last year I ran the same race in 44 minutes. :) Here's what was on my favorite running shirt:

Sugar and Spice

And Advil and Ice

That's what Runner Girls are made of!

Isn't that great?

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congratulations on the race!!!!!!!!! What a HUGE improvement in time!!!!! I WANT that shirt!!

3 miles running (11 minute mile) - then 2 miles walking... with advil and ice!

Very good!!!!

GREAT job Jennifer!

Can I call you Jen? I tend to call "Jennifer" friends Jen. I feel like a friend but also that I need to ask. Can I call you Jen? It's almost come out several times.

Yes!!! Call me Jen! All my friends in college called me Jen. It makes me feel young again! Now, so many people call me Mrs. Kelly. Urg. Makes me feel like my MIL!! LOL So, yes!!!

. It went ok. There was a near fall, but I actually got my foot out in time! (That's been the problem every time I fall, can't get my foot unclipped.) We would have gone farther, but well, I don't really want to go into why. I doesn't have anything to do with that pesky aunt who visits though.

Then we took my bike to the bike store for a 30 day check up. Marcie, the only lady who works there, told me to give her a call sometime and she'd ride with me. When I complained that I go slow, she told me that was not a problem. When she goes out to train, she is out there to go fast, but when she is just out in the woods, she is happy to just ride. DH says I should meet up with her sometime. I like Marcie so maybe I will.

You should SOOOO call Marcie!!!! It's so nice to have a friend with similar interests!

Ummmm . . . so now I wanna' know why you couldn't go farther?! LOL Great ride! I'm glad you didn't fall!

Okay, I came back meaning to individually tell each person what a great job they did today. But, I'm taking the easy way out and telling you all in one post that you did a great job today. I feel like slug not running 2 days in a row, but I'm saving up for a 10k tomorrow. The less irritated my sciatica is, the better.

So way to go everyone!

Is your 10K a race? Is this the NIke race? Good luck!! Be sure to report back!!!

Dh and I went to a local Nature Center to hike this morning. We did 4 miles with lots of vertical elements. Some of the steps built into the cliffs are steep. Up gets my heart and breathing in gear, down works my knees like crazy. Walking the nature center takes more muscle than walking on pavement. Dirt paths, rocky trails, steep hills. We loved it.

Seeing a few slim lizards, red cardinals, and Monarch butterflies didn't hurt a thing either. ;)

Great job!!! 4 miles with hills?! That's awesome!!! I just love seeing animals when I run! I used to see a lot of pheasants. They are beautiful birds!!!

You ladies are way impressive! Good grief, when I think how painstakingly long it took me to add distance and increase my pace. You go, girls!

I had hoped to do a 10 mile run today since I skipped the past two days. I ran out of time at 8.3 miles, though. Having enough time to devote to the longer runs is one of my biggest challenges.

The great feeling is knowing that I'm stronger and in better shape than I've been in years.

Great job! Sounds like really got out there and worked today!

I saw (and almost ran over) a turtle today. Does that count too? :tongue_smilie:

I had hoped to do a 10 mile run today since I skipped the past two days. I ran out of time at 8.3 miles, though. Having enough time to devote to the longer runs is one of my biggest challenges.

Glad you are feeling better! At least I hope that's what this means!

And btw with your pace, you can go jump in a lake! :tongue_smilie:

Just kidding! AWESOME job!

DH was talking to a friend from high school (friend to dh, ex-boyfriend to me). He shared his pace and I said (through dh) to go jump in a lake as well. It's a comment reserved for you fast people!

Ummmm . . . so now I wanna' know why you couldn't go farther?! LOL Great ride! I'm glad you didn't fall!

It has to do with tender female parts and lots of bumps. And something else - marital stuff - thrown in the mix as well. Aren't you glad you asked? DH didn't understand until I spelled it out for him.

I've had a bladder repair surgery, and I'm so afraid I will jar things loose if I run. Okay, sorry, TMI!

I do love to ride my bike though. Last Sat. I rode 32 miles, and I was hurtin' for the last 10. I usually ride about 12.

Anyhoo, today I did 10 min. on the elliptical and then did a leg weight workout. I usually do 30 min. cardio and then either upper body or lower body workout 4x/week, but today I had people coming over and had to shorten it.

Good job exercisers!!:D

Colleen - What an AWESOME run!!!!! Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago you were wondering how to decrease pace so you could increase mileage!? Holy cow - you figured it out!!!! So, did you run the entire 8+ miles?

Oh yeah - and go jump in a lake!!! LOL

Cheryl - Got it!!!! I couldn't figure out if I was missin' something obvious or what!!! LOL

Hikin' Mama - WOW! That's a LONG ride!!! Way to go!!