Menu

Earliest fetal movement you can feel

blondeviolin

With my first, I was told it had to be gas. Then, I was kicked during an ultrasound and saw and felt it at the same time. It wasn't gas. I was about 12 weeks at the time. I had been feeling flutters for about a week that felt exactly the same as that kick. I felt all my babies really early. (I was also extremely thin which might have contributed?)

with my second I know I felt it at 11 weeks. I thought I was crazy, but I kept feeling it as the pregnancy went along. It was a very distinctive feeling.

FWIW, my midwife didn't doubt when I asked if it was possible.

Ds2 was very active throughout the pregnancy, causing me to gasp out loud on occasion. He was born all wrapped up in his cord and we knew exactly why, lol!

I felt all my babies really early. (I was also extremely thin which might have contributed?)

My midwife told me this. She said because I was so thin and didn't have a fat layer to buffer the feeling of movements was the reason that I could feel my babies really early. My first was 11 weeks, 2nd at 9 weeks, third at 8 weeks. The last one really shocked me. I was sitting on the bed, bending over to put on shoes (so I was pretty much bend in half with my chest touching my thighs) and I felt that very distinctive roll. It was like he moved because I squished him. Most people don't believe me, but that doesn't bother me. It's not my job to convince them. My midwife believed me. She also told me that she could very easily feel everything inside me. My GYN has told me the same thing.  

10 or 11 weeks. I thought it was just with my 3rd and 4th because I knew what I was feeling, but I looked back at the journal I kept with my first and found that it was the same with him.

With at least one of them, I went through a period of not feeling anything from about 15-18 weeks after feeling movement before that. Everything was fine. I suspect it was just positional.