Menu

PSA: Jamberry nails are NOT all they're cracked up to be!!

PeacefulChaos

Usborne is different. At least I think so. I truly hate the MLM, and being invited to selling parties. But I have been thinking about having an usborne party or whatever at my house, just to look at more books in person.

I'm trying to decide if the invite will feel to my friends like it feels to me to be invited to a 31 party. Ok, that came out confusingly. But does anyone mind going to a party to buy books?

See I think so! That it's different I mean. Book are awesome and can't really be lemons. But then I would think so, wouldn't I? lol :p

I too miss being invited to parties where we would like, eat junk food and NOT be expected to buy things, but people honestly seemed excited to come to the book parties I have thrown so far. And I'm not manic about it so when the few people are just like, "Nah" we keep chatting and it hasn't been weird. But then maybe I surround myself with other Bibliophiles.

I had a book party years ago at my house and loved it! Only sales party I ever had. (er then, obvi I am consultant now and it's kinda my jam - bu that's almost 100% online. Yay for not cleaning my house)

Same issue here...they actually worked well on my nails....and looked great...but when I took them off, after two weeks...my nails were ruined.  I've worn the acrylic nails in the past, and my nails were ruined afterwards.  Jamberrys had the exact same effect.  Nails were paper thin, ripped easily, just basically shredded.   It's almost 6 weeks since I've taken them off, and my nails are just now recovering.

• Like 1

Well this has been enlightening. I complimented my cousin and sister and they both said, "Jamberry! I love it!" They have used them for around a year now. But I have very brittle nails to start, and also I am lazy and cheap, so I never got around to it.

I guess I dodged a bullet.

• Like 1

I didn't know doing nails was a big enough deal to warrant MLM. I dislike all MLM, even books. I hate feeling compelled to spend money. I do like browsing at book stores.

I'll stick with nail polish. It's fun to once in a while pick up a new color. My dd has nail pens too. Not a huge investment.

• Like 3

Yup I hate those stupid jamberry things. I tried. At christmas time I got ones that matched, for me and my 5 year old. There were awful to trim, especially once I had some on, and they kept fall off. Yes, I did them properly. My daughter's came off in less than 24 hours. Mine, from having my hands in water doing dishes and such, actually separated, so the sticky backing was still on my nail but the colored pretty part came off. Ugly. Thankfully, they didn't ruin my nails, but they weren't on long and didn't stick well anyway. Maybe I have oily nails or something. 

I belong to a couple nail polish groups on Facebook, and in one of them (a very active group) they had to ban any talk about Jamberry because consultants would randomly jump on any post and start talking up Jamberry and offering free samples. They were very pushy and it would cause arguments. Now, people can still post their mani pics if they use Jamberry, but otherwise it is a taboo subject and it's all because of the way the consultants are taught to sell.

Now, I haven't ever tried them so I don't have any opinion on how well they work, but I also have no interest in them. I love my nail polish and doing occasional nail art with nail polish and change my nails every 2-3 days. Any longer and I get bored with what I'm wearing.

But I did hate it when someone would post their mani pic with cute (though not always perfect) nail art done with nail polish, and then someone would come along and say how much better it would be if they just used Jamberry. What a horrible thing to say to someone who might just be practicing some new-to-them nail art technique.

So if a person likes Jamberry and it works for them, great, have fun, show off your mani if you want. I've seen some cute ones. Just don't pressure or mani-shame those who prefer actual nail polish. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here.)

• Like 1

I've used them twice now. I like them on my toes but not as much on my hands. I like being able to use my fingernails as tools, so I have a problem wearing anything on them. Fingernail polish usually lasts a day or two. I will say that when I had two broken fingernails, I was able to put the Jamberries on them for a week or so and it let them grow out a bit before I took them off and cut the nails down. They didn't ruin my nails when I took them off though. 

• 3 months later...
Guest hdbikersbabe

I can't tell you how many times I have tried Jamberry with fail. My daughter loved them so I was determined. I will tell you that the constant parties and pushing is out of control. I'm glad I found a way to enjoy my Jamberry nails without damage. I'd be glad to help anyone if they are interested.