Menu

Should I put flea/tick prevention on our outdoor only cat?

1GirlTwinBoys

I would definitely treat an outdoor cat.  Ticks can carry disease and if you interact with the cat at all you want it to be as healthy as possible.  Plus, why make the poor thing suffer by being covered with itchy bugs when you can prevent it?

Agreeing with everyone! I would definitely treat an outdoor only cat to prevent disease, infection, discomfort. Even then your cat can still get sick from eating bugs, e.g. tapeworms. And your vet probably won't want to treat your cat if it does get fleas until after it's been dipped. And would you want to pet or have on your lap a flea-bitten cat? Eww, no!

Yes, please. Fleas are a special gift from hell and all pets should be treated. Tapeworms are a big issue, plus all the black specks you see is "flea dirt" also known as dried blood drawn from your pet. I'm fighting my own battle with a dog who is allergic to them and also allergic to topical treatments. 

Yes, please. Fleas are a special gift from hell and all pets should be treated. Tapeworms are a big issue, plus all the black specks you see is "flea dirt" also known as dried blood drawn from your pet. I'm fighting my own battle with a dog who is allergic to them and also allergic to topical treatments.

Gosh, yes. Fleas are the biggest pain in the neck ever! (I can say this because I've never dealt with lice.). Treat all pets. We have had excellent success with Advantage, which we get from amazon.