Menu

If my ds is NUTS for Popular Mechanics for Kids, what other...

Well, these aren't kid based shows, but DS loves the adult versions of How It's Made, Factory Made, How Do They Do It, and Modern Marvels.  I think there is also a kid version of How It's Made.  Of course there is also Myth Busters.

You know, those are shows he watches with dh in the evenings, and it hadn't occurred to me to steer him toward them during the day, lol.  Anything else toward general science?

When I saw your title (before I read your post), I thought of David Macaulay's

The New Way Things Work

I think that there might also be a video series.

Regards,

Kareni

I just realized we have this book and that he might enjoy it, thanks!  :)

what other videos will he like?   :)

Has he seen them all, or just the episodes released on DVD?

My DH has an Amazon Prime account, and there was much joy when CP discovered that PmK is included, and all 4 seasons. Not sure if there's another place to find them.

Has he seen them all, or just the episodes released on DVD?

My DH has an Amazon Prime account, and there was much joy when CP discovered that PmK is included, and all 4 seasons. Not sure if there's another place to find them.

Yup, that's where he's watching them, on amazon prime.  :)

Well, these aren't kid based shows, but DS loves the adult versions of How It's Made, Factory Made, How Do They Do It, and Modern Marvels.  I think there is also a kid version of How It's Made.  Of course there is also Myth Busters.

:iagree:

My son was watching all of these (especially mythbusters) plus junkyard wars and a robot fighting series(sorry, we can't remember the name) for fun around 5 or 6.  Just because they aren't for kids, doesn't mean kids won't like and understand them. He's still addicted to Mythbusters, but has otherwise moved on to Survival type shows (prefers Les Stroud). Also look at HeadRush (Mythbusters for the younger kids), DD spent a lot of her allowance on them from Amazon.

This looks awesome!  I didn't know anything about it.  So it looks like I need to figure out how you stream it?  I've got an amazon fire tv thing.  (Yes, I'm obviously very literate on this, ha!)  

Mine watch it through an ap for PBS kids. You can watch some of the videos through the PBS website as well.

Oh, and forgot about scigirls until I saw someone else posted that one.

This looks awesome! I didn't know anything about it. So it looks like I need to figure out how you stream it? I've got an amazon fire tv thing. (Yes, I'm obviously very literate on this, ha!)

If you have a fire tv, go to YouTube app, log in and search for "Design Squad Nation," then either subscribe to the channel or save the playlists to your Favorite. The whole videos will be saved and you can stream them on your phone or fire tv any time.

If you have a fire tv, go to YouTube app, log in and search for "Design Squad Nation," then either subscribe to the channel or save the playlists to your Favorite. The whole videos will be saved and you can stream them on your phone or fire tv any time.

Brilliant!  Thanks!!  :)

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to add Bang Goes the Theory.  We watched them on youtube.  They also used to air on BBC America.  Not sure if they still do.

DD11's fave is Design Squad.  She also likes SciGirls and SciQ.  You can never go wrong with Nova or Nova Science Now.

And give her some Brian Cox and my girl is a happy girl!