Menu

stress test, update

fourcatmom

I completed my nuclear stress yesterday and today and I already heard back from the doctor.

My heart looks "great" they said, no blood clots and I did not have a heart attack! :wub: The test was not something I would like to have again and the two IV's but the peace of mind that it gave me was well worth it.

Why can't I find the jumping party guys when I have something cool to post? :hurray:

Well, that's good news. What about the tests didn't you like? I only had an ultrasound, an EKG, and walking/running on a treadmill. I was having shortness of breath with chest pain that turned out to be anxiety. Duh.

I couldn't do the treadmill part so I had to get the chemical injection to simulate the exercise. I just didn't like how rapid my heart was beating, the shortness of breath...just felt like impending doom! It was a weird sensation. The second day I was only suppose to get an injection but since my veins are so small she had to do another IV - so just being poked multiple times doesn't sit well with me. I hate needles. But, in the end the peace of mind was so worth it all. :lol:

Now that they have ruled out heart problems for the chest pain, they believe it's due to Costochondritis which I guess can be brought on by sever coughing. Makes more sense since it hurts to push on the area around my heart and since my lungs and coughing are my primary problem.

Allergy testing is on Monday. :crying: The coughing started after second bout of whooping cough about three years ago. They have been talking about COPD lately but haven't made that diagnoses but there is scar tissue in my lungs.

He mentioned an anti-inflammatory but didn't say whether he actually prescribed it. :confused1:

I started Symbicort about a week and half ago and that has helped me feel less tired, actually reduced the amount of naps that I need.

Allergy testing is on Monday. :crying: The coughing started after second bout of whooping cough about three years ago. They have been talking about COPD lately but haven't made that diagnoses but there is scar tissue in my lungs.

He mentioned an anti-inflammatory but didn't say whether he actually prescribed it. :confused1:

I started Symbicort about a week and half ago and that has helped me feel less tired, actually reduced the amount of naps that I need.

I used Aleve but then later he prescribed Mobic, a prescription anti-inflammatory which is easier on your stomach. But if you are on other medications you need to make sure you check even for OTC meds.