Menu

"Modesty" link you all might like

Alice

And the other girl mentioned, whose figure was too enhanced? Really?!

That is the one that really steamed me. Some (many!) of us have figures that wearing anything that does not look like a tent will seem "enhanced". Way to body shame!

That wouldn't have been too short at our school, I don't think. But the top would have been the problem. They have to wear straps 3 fingers in width or something over them.

The frumpy thread was controversial? Really? Hmm. I'll have to go see. I've never done a contro thread before.

That wouldn't have been too short at our school, I don't think. But the top would have been the problem. They have to wear straps 3 fingers in width or something over them.

The frumpy thread was controversial? Really? Hmm. I'll have to go see. I've never done a contro thread before.

I think it was a spin-off of your thread that got controversial. 

OK, I think it is too short too.  I am a prude.  I get the point though.  It is hard when rules are not clearly applied and she wore the dress to school before that incident.  Time to make a point.  Yes, mom did pull it off OK, but she needed a sweater and leggings!

(Hiding)

OK, I think it is too short too.  I am a prude.  I get the point though.  It is hard when rules are not clearly applied and she wore the dress to school before that incident.  Time to make a point.  Yes, mom did pull it off OK, but she needed a sweater and leggings!

(Hiding)

Yeah, I kind of thought it was a little short too.  Sweet gesture though.

The thing I liked about the Mom's response was that what she chose to do was simply supportive of her daughter. It appears from the small amount of info in the story that she didn't demand for the principal/teacher's resignations or post a diatribe on Facebook. She just chose a course of action that supported her daughter. I also thought it made it nicer that the story said the Mom never wears dresses herself, so it was something out of her own comfort zone but as a gift for her daughter. I think that's a gesture that girl will remember for a long time. You could argue over whether or not it was too short or the top too revealing but I thought the Mom's response was sweet nonetheless.