Menu

----

chicken + barbecue sauce + 4-5 hours on high OR 6-7 hours on low. For it to really feel authentic, shred the chicken with a couple of forks after it cooks, then stir it all up to get a nice saucy chicken bbq.

Easy peasy and delicious! I haven't tried freezing it, but I bet it would do just fine. And it can be as healthy or not as you like, depending on what sauce you use--for convenience, any store bought one will work (I love Sweet Baby Ray's or Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet), or you can make your own sauce to put over it, using your favorite healthy recipe found via the wonders of Google :)

Funny, that's exactly what's cooking away in my slow cooker right now, as I realized that I'd forgotten to thaw any meat for dinner and had no energy to do anything requiring anything that resembled real work ... ;)

slice onions, and peppers as if for fajitas  (I prefer red and yellow but green work as well).  DO NOT ADD WATER.  Place boneless skin less chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with fajita seasoning.  When the chicken is cooked I shred it and use it to make fajitas, sandwiches or salads.  It has a really good mild flavor and also freezes well.

I second either the chicken + bbq sauce or chicken + salsa.  I have both shredded in bags in my freezer.  Perfect for quick lunches or dinners: quesadillas, tamale "pie", topping a baked potato, wrap sandwiches or lettuce wraps, fajitas, burritos (mmm, breakfast burritos!), bbq sandwiches...

Our fav. Chipotle Lime Chicken

The sauce purée in blender:

Can tomato sauce

1/4 cup lime juice

Garlic clove or two

Tablespoon of onion

One or two chipotle pepper in adobe sauce

Cilantro

Put uncooked chicken in crockpot, pour sauce over chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours ( I think). When chicken is cooked, shred chicken. I usually let it sit in crockpot a bit longer. Serve on tortillas, with whatever you like.

I like these:

Boneless skinless thicken thighs + a bottle of any of those 30 minute marinades(last night I used Caribean Jerk marinade) or teryaki sauce

Boneless skinless chicken breasts + 1 envelope Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad Dressing mix + 1 can cream of chicken soup + 8 oz. cream cheese

I like this one:  Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese

and Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff:  chicken breast + 1 can cream of mushroom soup + 1 envelope dry onion soup mix + 16 oz. or so of sour cream (I add at the end).

I mainly use the crock pot to make tender, shredded chicken that I can use in other recipes like chicken soft tacos, etc. and add seasoning later.  I put them in frozen with 1/2 cup water or broth and sprinkle with onion powder, garic & herb and pepper.  On High for about 4-5 hours.

No recipe and I hope I'm not forgetting anything.  Brown chicken thighs (bone in, deboned, skin on or off - doesn't matter)  in curry + oil or ghee.  Throw in crockpot with a couple cans of coconut milk or 1 can of coconut milk + 1 can of broth or water. Add fish sauce (for sure) and onions, garlic, ginger, if you like.  Before serving add a package of 14 oz. rice noodles.   The end result is an thick, alfredo-like curry sauce that is so good.  The chicken simmering in the sauce adds so much flavor.  We call it the Thai version of chicken pot pie.

I like this one:  Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese

and Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff:  chicken breast + 1 can cream of mushroom soup + 1 envelope dry onion soup mix + 16 oz. or so of sour cream (I add at the end).

I mainly use the crock pot to make tender, shredded chicken that I can use in other recipes like chicken soft tacos, etc. and add seasoning later.  I put them in frozen with 1/2 cup water or broth and sprinkle with onion powder, garic & herb and pepper.  On High for about 4-5 hours.

That's not dinner, that's a dip! sounds good though...

No recipe and I hope I'm not forgetting anything.  Brown chicken thighs (bone in, deboned, skin on or off - doesn't matter)  in curry + oil or ghee.  Throw in crockpot with a couple cans of coconut milk or 1 can of coconut milk + 1 can of broth or water. Add fish sauce (for sure) and onions, garlic, ginger, if you like.  Before serving add a package of 14 oz. rice noodles.   The end result is an thick, alfredo-like curry sauce that is so good.  The chicken simmering in the sauce adds so much flavor.  We call it the Thai version of chicken pot pie.

Oops, I do not use rice noodles (really thin), but rice sticks: http://importfood.com/media/ricestick_0909_1l.jpg

That's not dinner, that's a dip! sounds good though...

LOL!  I know...I never use cream soups and cream cheese as an ingredient any other time but the crock pot.  What is it about slow cooking that lends itself to thick, creamy, calorie-laden sauces??  :P