Menu

FYI: The Teaching Company/Great Courses Sale 6-7-14

I received the e-mail today, not sure how long the sale lasts.  Every title is 70% off. Finally got the $300+ title I have had my eye on for months.  

Priority code:  100866

"...and deliver us from temptation"  Naah...Please share what you are buying and see if you can tempt me.  :tongue_smilie:

Oh dear. 70% off is a fabulous deal.... But it's still expensive when there are about 30 courses you want! :lol:

70% off is really their "normal" price, although the free shipping can save another $10-20 if you're buying DVDs or CDs. 

There are three courses I want, but I don't need any of them right away (and I have several dozen sitting on my bookshelves that we haven't watched yet  :blush: ) so I'm going to hold out for the next buy-two-get-one-free sale.

I entered the coupon code ARX7 at the checkout, and it gave an additional 20% any order over $100.  I ordered the World History/Early American History combo.  It had good reviews.  This is my first purchase from then, so I am excited.  I hope that I chose well.

I entered the coupon code ARX7 at the checkout, and it gave an additional 20% any order over $100.  I ordered the World History/Early American History combo.  It had good reviews.  This is my first purchase from then, so I am excited.  I hope that I chose well.

The "High School History" ones with Linwood Thompson? Just FYI they are nothing like the other courses, which are taught by college professors. Linwood Thopmson is a HS teacher who dresses up in costumes and does "dramatic" voices. IMO he is a bit of an acquired taste, but the Teaching Co has a fantastic return policy and if you don't like them you can send them back for a full refund. Just keep in mind that the other courses are very different.

I put three courses in my cart and am vacillating on whether to go ahead and purchase or not. DH is encouraging me to—there is money saved up in the education fund, although other regular items will need to be bought this summer for the oldest (9th grade), since we haven't done that grade before.

Anyone want to push me one way or the other? :)

We're looking at:

High School Level—Geometry

Latin 101: Learning a Classical Language (DH's pick, since he has been taking Latin duty)

How to Read and Understand Shakespeare

Erica in OR

I put three courses in my cart and am vacillating on whether to go ahead and purchase or not. DH is encouraging me to—there is money saved up in the education fund, although other regular items will need to be bought this summer for the oldest (9th grade), since we haven't done that grade before.

Anyone want to push me one way or the other? :)

We're looking at:

High School Level—Geometry

Latin 101: Learning a Classical Language (DH's pick, since he has been taking Latin duty)

How to Read and Understand Shakespeare

Erica in OR

OK, here's a little nudge. ;)  For three courses, the coupon code for 20% off, posted above by Caclcoca, plus the free shipping, is basically equivalent to buy-2-get-1-free, which is usually the best deal you'll find outside of Christmas — and you might not find all three of the courses you want on sale at the same time when the next B2G1 deal comes around.

I'm about to pull the trigger myself (Geometry, Sacred Texts, and Heroes & Legends)...

The "High School History" ones with Linwood Thompson? Just FYI they are nothing like the other courses, which are taught by college professors. Linwood Thopmson is a HS teacher who dresses up in costumes and does "dramatic" voices. IMO he is a bit of an acquired taste, but the Teaching Co has a fantastic return policy and if you don't like them you can send them back for a full refund. Just keep in mind that the other courses are very different.

Thanks for the heads up.  I will watch a couple soon, so I can decide if we want to keep them.

I've watched and/or listened to a lot of the courses. I loved the Linwood Thompson ones, as did my husband and my student.

It clearly says that it is high school level. That is what most of us are teaching. Not everyone is doing AP. And even if you are, it is still a fun set.

OK, here's a little nudge. ;)  For three courses, the coupon code for 20% off, posted above by Caclcoca, plus the free shipping, is basically equivalent to buy-2-get-1-free, which is usually the best deal you'll find outside of Christmas — and you might not find all three of the courses you want on sale at the same time when the next B2G1 deal comes around.

I'm about to pull the trigger myself (Geometry, Sacred Texts, and Heroes & Legends)...

Thanks for the nudge. Went ahead and ordered today. Now I can stream the videos while I wait for them to arrive. Probably the start of a long addiction for me. :)

Erica in OR

Oh you dratted enabler!!

I was about to stop with two courses, but with the coupon code I got three...

Chaucer, Dante, and Math & Music.

I have a priority code for 75% off. The code is 100879. Along with the 20% off coupon code it is a great sale. I am picking up the new geometry course and political course and Decisive Battles of World History. I am so excited!  :)

I have a priority code for 75% off. The code is 100879. Along with the 20% off coupon code it is a great sale. I am picking up the new geometry course and political course and Decisive Battles of World History. I am so excited!  :)

Thanks for posting this sale!  I got the new geometry, the cyber security course, Secrets of Mental Math, and Joy of Mathematics.  These are the first courses that I've purchased so hopefully dd will like them.