Menu

GoT. I just need to process. *there will probably be spoilers*

Heather in OK

It wasn't just that scene.  The whole show.  So many story lines.  So many things happening.  So many things coming together (and apart…all over the plaza…LOL).  So many things left hanging.  

Permission to speak freely?

(IOW, can we say what we're talking about?)

That's why I put in the heading that there may be spoilers.  ;)  Although….if you've read the books and know the coming story line,  :thumbdown: .  Spoiling what's already aired is fine but spoiling what's to come is just mean.  

I think once a book is so many years old then it no longer counts as spoilers.  They are currently on the fourth book for the show. It is nearly ten years old.

IMO there is a difference between "Snape killed Dumbledore!" and accidentally spoiling a book that has been out for years.

Do you also go to Shakespeare performances and tell the kids who've not been exposed to it before what's going to happen before it unfolds on stage?

This is a show all about plot twists, surprise deaths and unexpected betrayals. I think it would be really churlish to deliberately spoil the show because it's based on an older book.

I do think there is some ambiguity with spoiling what's been aired on the show, since there are people who keep up with it but don't get to watch on Sunday for whatever reason.  That's why I described a death scene without revealing who did it to whom.  Because, delightfully enough, on this show there is more than one set of characters who could kill each other that way!

I'm still recovering. I knew it was going to happen, but it was so much worse to see it happen. There was a LOT going on in this episode. Dh was complaining the whole time that they were going to run out of time for the battle. I was wondering how the Sansa/LF scene would go, since the moon door scene was slightly altered from the book. I really liked the change they made. For maybe the first time ever, I found myself liking Sansa. And Arya's laugh combined with the Hounds face when they heard the news about Lysa? That put a giant smile on my face. :laugh:

And as far as book readers vs. show watchers and spoilers - certain storylines are now moving into unwritten territory. They're technically on the second half of the 3rd book, but because some storylines don't have as much going on, they moved ahead in the books. It won't be long until the show is ahead of the books, assuming George R.R. Martin doesn't finish Winds of Winter before next spring.

I think once a book is so many years old then it no longer counts as spoilers.  They are currently on the fourth book for the show. It is nearly ten years old.

IMO there is a difference between "Snape killed Dumbledore!" and accidentally spoiling a book that has been out for years.

Do you also go to Shakespeare performances and tell the kids who've not been exposed to it before what's going to happen before it unfolds on stage?

This is a show all about plot twists, surprise deaths and unexpected betrayals. I think it would be really churlish to deliberately spoil the show because it's based on an older book.

I gotta agree with Slartibartfast on this one.  The books have been out for so long...the show has already aired...and the very title of this thread alerted readers that there might be spoilers.  Why are we dancing around? 

The Shakespeare analogy doesn't apply here. Nobody sat down with anybody from the board and said "Let's watch Game of Thrones together and oh by the way I know you haven't seen it but Ser Jorah gets the boot."  (which I personally thought was the worst/saddest part of the episode.)

Edited to add...I just realized some of what we're talking about re: spoilers is whether to reveal upcoming story lines.  And I do agree it's just polite to refrain from doing that.  (when dh asks me what's going to happen next, I always say, "Do you really want to know?").  But in the context of this thread I don't understand why we can't say who killed whom etc.

I do think there is some ambiguity with spoiling what's been aired on the show, since there are people who keep up with it but don't get to watch on Sunday for whatever reason.  That's why I described a death scene without revealing who did it to whom.  Because, delightfully enough, on this show there is more than one set of characters who could kill each other that way!

I haven't revealed anything have I?  I will forever treasure making my dd watch Planet of the Apes and her screaming about the big surprise ending. 

All I said was that the fourth book is ten years old.  It was really annoying when people complained about  "spoiling" LotR. 

The only thing I commented on was something that happened last season. 

Geez.  Simmer down.  I was simply trying to state that if there is a major plot point in the book that MIGHT be a plot point coming up on the show, don't spill it.  

The note in the thread title is to alert people that we are probably going to be talking about stuff that has already happened on the show.   So if you aren't caught up, proceed with caution. 

So back to the original reason for this thread…..

Gilly and her baby are all alone now. 
The crazy tyrant, Ramses, has now been put into a position of power.
Arya and Sansa are SO close to being reunited!
And Sansa….woah.  Makeover much?
Calisi seems to be realizing that being a queen isn't as easy as she thought it was going to be.
Poor, poor Grey Worm.  
I want Theon to snap out of it.  

And they can NOT kill Tyrion!  

We were sitting on the sofa full on stunned at the end.  I knew what was going to happen, but, it was crazy graphic and I was glad I wasn't eating anything while watching.

BTW, when did Maleficent start loaning Sansa her clothes?  

Arya's laugh was crazy good.  I want her to laugh like that during every freaking episode.  I have to say I *do* really like the dynamic between her and the Hound.  I know she hates him, and he's not fond of anyone, but they really work well together.  They're odd enough to be awesome.  Kind of like Podric and Brienne.  I'm sad we didn't get to see them this week, as they always make me laugh.

I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen next week, as I know the story, but I won't give it away.  If it's what I think it is though, DO NOT MISS IT!

We were sitting on the sofa full on stunned at the end.  I knew what was going to happen, but, it was crazy graphic and I was glad I wasn't eating anything while watching.

BTW, when did Maleficent start loaning Sansa her clothes?  

I closed my eyes as it started to get gross, but then I peeked.  Wish I hadn't, yikes!  I'll never get THAT image out of my head.

LOL on Sansa's clothes.  I don't remember her sudden personality change in the books.  It's been on my to-do list to  re-read the books ahead of each season to refresh my memory, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I closed my eyes as it started to get gross, but then I peeked.  Wish I hadn't, yikes!  I'll never get THAT image out of my head.

Same here. I peeked too soon. I don't like gory (I also close my eyes when some of the zombies are killed in The Walking Dead). Usually I ask dh if it's okay to look, but this time I didn't and I wish I had. 

I loved Arya's laugh! Sansa's transformation was a bit of a "Whoa!" moment. She's learning how to play the game now.