Menu

ipad keyboard

DawnM

Here are my needs:

Must be the same size or smaller than the iPad (rules out Apple wireless keyboard) so that I can take it with me easily.

I either want another fairly sturdy case type (currently have an Otterbox on it) or it needs to be completely separate.

Dawn

I carry my iPad with me everywhere, but the bags large enough for both are just too bulky.  I have a Timbuk2 small bag that I LOVE and it fits the 10.5 inches of the iPad across.  

I had an extra Apple keyboard but it was too wide so I ended up carrying two bags and ONLY using it when I was in the place I wasn't walking around a lot in.  I want something very portable and easy to keep with me while I walk around all the time.

BTW:  I am 4'11" so if I carry too large a bag, which others seem to do just fine, people make jokes and ask if I am going on a trip with such a "large bag."  They just look different on me.

Dawn

Oh, sorry, I use the apple wireless keyboard, I take it out and about quite a bit though.

I'm currently using the Belkin QODE Keyboard/case in one.  

The iPad goes in it easily, and when I want to remove it, it just snaps out without much fuss.  I like the feel.

Another one that I considered (Clamshell one is not available yet for the Air) was the Zaggkeys.  This one seems more durable, but I do like the fact that the Zaggkeys has illuminated keys.  I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but there's been several times when I couldn't see the keys and thought the light would be helpful.

I have the keyboard/folio from Logitech. It was about $80 from Best Buy. The case folds closed but it doesn't zip shut or look pretty or anything. I use it all the time for writing. Mine stopped charging for some reason and they are shipping me a new one for free-- it's nine months old, came with a two year warranty-- from Logitech. The keyboard is a little bit cramped but I got used to it.

I also have a Bluetooth keyboard. The case has room for the keyboard and forms a stand for the screen when opened up and folded. Tthe keyboard attaches magnetically to the case, perhaps the case came with the keyboard, it's definitely not an expensive protective type, but we've not had any mishaps so far.

great.  8 answers, 8 diff. choices.  :laugh:

I wish I could see them all in person, but our local stores typically just carry the Zagg cases.

Has anyone tried the New Trent Airbender?  They have a very protective one but I wonder if it is too thick.

I have this

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=IM1KD8038&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:IM1KD8038&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=IM1KD8038&KPID=IM1KD8038

but I got it on ebay not from Staples.  I've never actually seen it in a Staples.

I don't have Word, so I ended up not using the keyboard much and took the ipad out and put it in a Lifeproof to video at swim practice.

ETA.  It did make it heavier.  Dh and the kids called it the iBrick.

But which one?  

I also have a Bluetooth keyboard. The case has room for the keyboard and forms a stand for the screen when opened up and folded. Tthe keyboard attaches magnetically to the case, perhaps the case came with the keyboard, it's definitely not an expensive protective type, but we've not had any mishaps so far.