Menu

OK, I know that you guys TOLD me this, and I ignored you, but....

Diversity Training is a great episode. :lol: The OFfice is the only show dh and I watch on a regular basis. I keep waiting for the writers to lose their touch...but every single season has been great so far. I can't wait until September.

Enjoy watching them all for the first time!!!

:iagree: Us too!

That's what she said.

Just for you Karenciavo... The Office - That's What She Said on YouTube.

and yet another... The Office Best Moments on YouTube.

:D Melissa

My dh insisted I watch too. I fussed, delayed and wished I'd listened to him earlier:glare:. Enjoy your new show. :lol:They so funny!:lol:

why didn't you INSIST that I start watching The Office a long time ago?!?! I just signed up for Netflicks and watched a couple of episodes on my computer and OH.MY.Goodness!!!!!! I thought I was going to pee my pants at the diversity training episode.

We held out, too, for the longest time, then after 30 Rock earlier this year neither of us had the tv remote handy and the nest show started and we were too lazy to get up and find the remote......we immediately got the earlier seasons from the library and watched them all in two weeks! Our teens are now hooked, too. I joined one of the on-line Dunder-Mifflin "offices" and the teens are fighting over who wears the Office t-shirt to school next week.

Now - have you guys been watching 30 Rock??????

And if you want a classical justification for watching The Office, I recently heard Gene Edward Veith describe how it fits into the classical/medieval model for comedy. You have a normal couple, trying to move forward in their relationship, surrounded by all these "types" of characters. The suck-up assistant, the incompetent boss, the dry, emotionless accountant, etc.

Of course Veith also talked about how the Simpsons each fall into one of the four humors (as in personalities based on an excess of a certain fluid in the body). Bart--Sanguine, Homer--Choleric, Lisa--Melancholy, Marge--Phlegmatic

Fun, huh?

Can I redeem myself if I tell you that I put it in my Netflix que?:D

Well, Elaine, I must say that I'm disappointed in you. :tongue_smilie: But, okay, you'll be good. If you like Seinfeld, chances are really good that you will love this one!

I must say myself, that I like the American version more than the British one, just can't sit through a show. ;)