Menu

Funny text messages from your college student

Caroline

*friend* and I just ran barefoot around the quad in only our boxers

(in the middle of the first big snow storm)

can i buy a sabre?

i just broke the cnc machine

my sabre came. it,s blue

*friend* just stabbed me in the heart so hard the tip off his sabre.  good thing we bought the expensive jacket.  i,d be dead otherwise

Yes, real camels. The funny thing is that I took the little people (1st and 3rd graders) to the zoo yesterday. My 1st grader kept asking where the camels were hiding. We don't have camels at Zoo Atlanta.

Sometimes a weird linking thing seem to happen to families who are apart lol.  I'm sure it is one of those coincidences that is explainable because we are exposed to so many things every day, but it is always a bit surprising when it happens. : )

My messages can't compare to those above.  It's funny to think back to those days -- I would get the laundry and banking questions (i.e., "What is it I'm supposed to write on the back of the check?") while my husband would get the cooking and Excel questions.

Regards,

Kareni

• 3 weeks later...

I received one this week that said, "I bought you a scantron."

I thanked her for her thoughtfulness but told her I thought her message might have gone to the wrong person. She texted back asking "don't you remember going back to school for another degree?"

I also received one earlier in the semester that the first floor of her dorm had flooded. She lives on the first floor and added "Why did you make me live in this dorm? I am going to friend's apartment for the night." I had to laugh, because she picked that dorm, because it was so close to her math & science classes. Her dorm next year is farther away, and she was lamenting not being able to make it to class in a couple of minutes. (I don't know what happened with the flooding. It came from pipes and sounded gross. The university took all the rugs/bath mats out for cleaning. They also mopped all the rooms/halls and brought in fans to dry it. Luckily, my daughter's stuff was off the floor where the water was, and the water didn't reach her closet, which did have lots of stuff on the floor. 

I received a series of funny ones this week -

From older brother: "We're only 90% sure of their gender so I got eight, just in case.  And I got babies because [girlfriend] didn't want adolescents."

From younger brother: "And what does [girlfriend] think of [brother]'s eight new "chicks"?

Nan

A few months ago I received the text,

"Does our health insurance cover extreme sports?"

A couple years ago when my daughter was on a semester abroad in Africa, I got another one, not so funny...

"Mom, I'm stuck on an island off the coast of Senegal and I think I'm dying."

A couple years ago when my daughter was on a semester abroad in Africa, I got another one, not so funny...

"Mom, I'm stuck on an island off the coast of Senegal and I think I'm dying."

Eek.

I got one this weekend from my dd that said "A.... is dead, and all her important information is stolen. Love, a random NYC mugger."

..... punishment for asking her to be careful on an overnight trip to NYC.... ha, ha, ha.... not.

Then she called home and asked if she could go to Haiti for a week in a month with a girl on her sustainable design team. *faint*

This is probably nothing to all you moms with globetrotting kids, right?

Eek.

I got one this weekend from my dd that said "A.... is dead, and all her important information is stolen. Love, a random NYC mugger."

..... punishment for asking her to be careful on an overnight trip to NYC.... ha, ha, ha.... not.

Then she called home and asked if she could go to Haiti for a week in a month with a girl on her sustainable design team. *faint*

This is probably nothing to all you moms with globetrotting kids, right?

I'd kill her, lol

Not for the Haiti thing. The other thing.

My almost college student texted me Saturday from his English advanced placement testing:

" I knew I was almost out of time, but I didn't want to turn and look at the clock because they might think I was cheating, so I wrote a quick outline of what my conclusion paragraph would have been. Do you think that was ok?"

Me- Head smack.

My almost college student texted me Saturday from his English advanced placement testing:

" I knew I was almost out of time, but I didn't want to turn and look at the clock because they might think I was cheating, so I wrote a quick outline of what my conclusion paragraph would have been. Do you think that was ok?"

Me- Head smack.

Oh no! Lol

I got this one... "Can you drop E off here Thursday to go to the Hawks game with me? He can spend the night and help me pack the next day." E is little brother who is smack in the middle of state standardized testing. I was going to say yes, but DH vetoed me.

My dd has been texting me before and after photos of a toilet paper roll to show how much a suitemate uses.

She's been commenting about it for months, and early on, she asked me to stop buying the $$ Charmin, because one girl wastes so much t.p.  I think dd is finally letting all of her frustration out now that there are only weeks left before move out.

I bought her 8 rolls on Easter. Within five days, the four girls had gone through seven rolls.  (I told dd to hoard one, just in case, lol.) Her roommate had to go buy more, and now every time after the other suitemate uses the bathroom, dd and roommate take a picture of what's left of the t.p. And she's sending those to me. Dd said she looks forward to weekends, when the other girl goes home, and the rest of them don't even use one roll during that time. It really is incredible, I can't imagine what this girl is doing with all of it. :confused1:

I'm thankful that this has been her biggest roommate grief though.  ;)

Okay, I got one today that made me think of this thread.  Dh went to take an emergency computer part to dd, who is 200 miles away. They went to lunch.  I received these two texts, a minute apart:

"Dad like disappeared to i think the bathroom over five minutes ago and hes still not back?"

"Ok nvm hes alive"

DD didn't text, but she did email a lot. I think one of my favorite emails was the one with a picture enclosed, of her legs up close and personal. Apparently she'd gotten rather busy with coursework and tutoring in organic chem and hadn't shaved her legs in a rather long time. She'd been at my aunt's house in Ann Arbor for several weeks and only came home once.

"Mom, can I get this fur off with a regular, cheap Bic disposable or do I need to get some man's industrial strength get rid of the Amish beard razor?"

Cracked me up!

DD didn't text, but she did email a lot. I think one of my favorite emails was the one with a picture enclosed, of her legs up close and personal. Apparently she'd gotten rather busy with coursework and tutoring in organic chem and hadn't shaved her legs in a rather long time. She'd been at my aunt's house in Ann Arbor for several weeks and only came home once.

"Mom, can I get this fur off with a regular, cheap Bic disposable or do I need to get some man's industrial strength get rid of the Amish beard razor?"

Cracked me up!

You know, the last time I let mine grow out (for 2 years straight) I used a pair of haircutting clippers for a once-over first ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Two more.  I was relieved to get these because they demonstrated that the heavy engineering academic load hadn't dulled down my son's normal interests and curiosity, something that we had wondered about.  And I had to laugh because they were so typical of a homeschooler.

-Turns out I need the material from statics, physics, calculus, and dif eq to make my legs.

-The quetzalcoatlus had the size and proportions of a giraffe, and a wing span of 12 meters. Picture a giant heron with four legs.

LOL,

Nan