Menu

8/18 exercise thread

I've started playing tennis - today I have a 90 minute tennis fitness class.

And, we did become a one car family, so the kiddies and I are on our bikes all the time. Today, we'll bike about 35 minutes for the round trip!

Hooray for me . . . I barely got off the couch for the first 6 months of 2008!

You all are doing great. I have been having a hard time getting back into sync since my 3 day visit with my sister. However I did manage 5 miles Saturday, does jumping on the trampoline with my dd count if so about 30min of that Sunday, and although I had to dragg my lazy butt I did get 3.25 miles on the treadmill run/walk. I am working on doing 9 min miles which is a 7 on my treadmill. I am still debating the gym thing. I wish I could just sign up for 3 months just for a change but they limit access, childcare etc if you don't sign the full contract...nice people huh?:glare: I am going to get some weights in some time today.

I finally fell asleep about 3:30. Getting up to run at 5:30 was just not feasible. :(

It's bad because it's messed up my whole training schedule. I should have two days of rest before my long run on Saturday. I can try to run tonight, but we might have thunderstorms.

Any suggestions on how to make it up? Or should I just not worry about it?

45 minute Zumba at the Y at 6:00 am!!! From the couch (read NO exercise other than daily living) to Zumba at 41 is quite a big step. I thought I was going to DIE at the first class. Today was my second class and I DID NOT want to go, but the class went well (read--I didn't pass out-LOL) and I finished the whole class. I had fun once I got there. Having a friend meet me there definitely raised my commitment level!

I've started playing tennis - today I have a 90 minute tennis fitness class. And, we did become a one car family, so the kiddies and I are on our bikes all the time. Today, we'll bike about 35 minutes for the round trip! Hooray for me . . . I barely got off the couch for the first 6 months of 2008!

Hooray indeed! You go, girl. And good on you for biking instead of driving.:)

I'm not putting in much mileage this week, which is good because I'm way overloaded with work. Ran 3 miles this morning and made sure I kept it nice and easy. Although I picked up pace a bit to get past a coyote.;) Later I'll ride my bike 8 miles, to and from town.

I've started playing tennis - today I have a 90 minute tennis fitness class.

And, we did become a one car family, so the kiddies and I are on our bikes all the time. Today, we'll bike about 35 minutes for the round trip!

Hooray for me . . . I barely got off the couch for the first 6 months of 2008!

Wow! I'm super impressed!

45 minute Zumba at the Y at 6:00 am!!! From the couch (read NO exercise other than daily living) to Zumba at 41 is quite a big step. I thought I was going to DIE at the first class. Today was my second class and I DID NOT want to go, but the class went well (read--I didn't pass out-LOL) and I finished the whole class. I had fun once I got there. Having a friend meet me there definitely raised my commitment level!

Did you like it? I just ordered it for something different to do on the days I don't want to wake up before the kids. OH and great job getting out there and doing it.

We finally got the home gym set up and working in the garage.

I did a 35 minute circuit; 2 sets of 12 reps on the Bowflex, interspersed with 12 reps on the fanny lifter step box to keep my heart rate up.

Chest Press

Chest Fly

Shoulder Press

Lat Pull Down

Upright Rows

Biceps

Triceps

Hamstrings (leg curls)

Leg Extensions

Crunches on the exercise ball

(It's sort of like the Curves routine, except I'm running back and forth between the step box and the Bowflex instead of going from machine to machine at the gym.)

DH is rehabbing an injured knee and did 20 minutes on the exercise bike and then finished up with some upper body on his machine.

Oh boy, it's humbling getting back into this!! I used such low resistance and I'm all shaky...

For now I'll probably just do the same routine every day without many changes.

Haven't started yet. BTW I finally am back to normal with my cycle. It has been so long since I exercised that I don't remember what I used to do one the first 2 days when it's just not pleasant to move. KWIM? Will attempt to workout a little later today. Dd#4 was up last night with a fever. Way to go all you ladies. Please, tell me, what is Zumba?

I got my new shoes!!!!! Oh man are they nice!! :D

I woke up at 5 this morning when dh was leaving for work. I decided I didn't want to get up right then; figured I'd lay there and watch the news until 6:00, then get up and run.

Uh......my dd woke me up at 9:30. I. AM. HORRIFIED. I *never* sleep that late -- NEVER!!! :glare:

Any-hoo, I had to drop her off somewhere at 11, and I decided that since it was obvious I'd be running this afternoon anyway, I may as well do it with some new shoes!

They're wonderful -- light as a cloud and sooooo cushy!!!!! Lots of stability for me, The Queen of Archless Women.

:party:

Good job getting out there, ladies!!!! You're all doing so well!

I was startin' to wonder where you were.:D So what kind of shoes are you sporting?

I got me a pair of Saucony ProGrid Hurricane X

Shoes.jpg

They are SUPER light -- amazing. And while the color is the least of my concerns (I'd get fluorescent orange if they fit and felt right), the blue DOES match my eyes :D

I used to be a Saucony girl. Switched to Brooks because they were only shoe made in the USA ~ "were", past tense. But I've hung with Brooks anyway ~ although I've taken to doing most races in a very light Mizuno.

Glad you're happy with your new feet!:)

I woke up at 5 this morning when dh was leaving for work. I decided I didn't want to get up right then; figured I'd lay there and watch the news until 6:00, then get up and run.

Uh......my dd woke me up at 9:30. I. AM. HORRIFIED. I *never* sleep that late -- NEVER!!! :glare:

:) I think this means you really needed the rest.

It felt so good slipping out of the house at 5:15 in glorious fall like weather this a.m. It is fun to watch the neighborhood come to life...see who leaves for work super early...all that sort of thing.

I got me a pair of Saucony ProGrid Hurricane X

Shoes.jpg

They are SUPER light -- amazing. And while the color is the least of my concerns (I'd get fluorescent orange if they fit and felt right), the blue DOES match my eyes :D

cool shoes.

I have tkd today - teach one class, take one class. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to run tomorrow as I'm having some terrible pain in my lower back/hip/thigh. I'm guessing it's sciatica pain and it seems to be getting worse and worse as I run more and more. I couldn't sleep last night because it hurt so badly. I have an appt with the dr on Wed.

I have tkd today - teach one class, take one class. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to run tomorrow as I'm having some terrible pain in my lower back/hip/thigh. I'm guessing it's sciatica pain and it seems to be getting worse and worse as I run more and more. I couldn't sleep last night because it hurt so badly. I have an appt with the dr on Wed.

Ouch. I get that pain sometimes and I know it can be bad. Feel better soon. :)

Owowowowowwoww! All too familiar, that.

Let us know how ya make out at the dr. :grouphug: