Menu

amazon is running $49 kindles for National Reading day

prairiewindmomma

The paper white is very much worth it. I have one, and I love the light (not backlit, but from the side) I love the x-ray feature which gives a brief description of places and characters in the book , and I bought the one with 3G which makes it easy to download a book on vacation. That part isn't necessary, but when we were traveling all summer I didn't have access to my own wifi. It's a great device.

oooh, we promised my son a kindle paperwhite at the end of the school year if he did his work well all year...should I chance it???

Yes! and then you can keep it if things go south :) Or you could sell it to me, lol. I want one !

The Paperwhites are $99. I am so tempted, but I already have a 2nd gen Kindle that works just fine, so I can't really justify it.

Oh, the Paperwhite is so worth it. I was happy with my Kindle Keyboard and if it hadn't broken would still be using it. When it broke I replaced it with a Paperwhite, which actually made me glad my Keyboard broke. I love my Paperwhite.