Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I'm not really sure I'm going to tackle Wednesday. I had the weirdest thing last night. I was reading aloud while putting the kids to bed, when suddenly I developed abdominal pain like you can't believe. I barely could stand up, thought I was going to vomit because of the pain. It took an hour and a half and then it subsided. So weird. I'm still feeling a bit shaken. Dd7 is now complaining about a tummy ache, although not that severe.

Plans for today:
-dd10: Math, English, Latin, Biology, History (game)
-dd7: -
-dd5: Math, Reading
-Greek & Latin vocab
-study Greek: finished lesson 12A :hurray:
-laundry
-take dd10 to theater class (car)
-take dd5 to gymnastics practice (car)
-read a book

-write & post postcard

Habits:
-get enough steps .....maybe
-vit D & multi & fish oil
-NO SUGAR.....maybe

Tress I hope you feel better!

Jean I hope you have a wonderful day and that you are feeling better too.

Today is our outside class, eldest in honors American Lit and youngest in IEW and I teach Biology lab.

We always stop by my Mom's on the way home so it will be nice to see her.

Leftovers for supper I think.

Cold as heck here and a light snowfall at the moment, sure is pretty.

Cat wouldn't eat this morning so I have to get the Nutrical into him.

Need dh to get the 50lb bag of chicken feed out to the coop for me and fill the woodbox before he leaves for work.

Tress and Jean--Hugs and prayers for your both! 

Dh stayed in town at work last night, so we don't know if he'll be able to get back home. He can't miss more, though, after missing 3 days last week. 

Ice is already on the trees, so I'm concerned we are going to lose power.  I have developed a cold since last night and a little scratchy throat. I hope it doesn't get worse because if it ices over, I doubt I could get to a doctor. I have decongestant and ibuprofen here. I'm also going to try and take extra vitamin C. Hopefully, those will keep it at bay or help it go away. 

Our focus today is going to be on school. We are very behind with all the last couple of weeks has held, so I'm going to figure out what we can skip and what's got to be done. 

Not sure which direction the weather will go tomorrow...

Today:

--text friend's daughter for time to deliver food to them

--school: maths, English, lots of science

--emails re potential date change

--exercise: Pilates legs/butt (scheduled as cardio but basement is wicked cold)

--plan Math Olympiad activity for Fri

--print Math Olympiad tests

--order Warriner's Grammar for dd19 as reference (recommended by one English prof)

--discuss w dh plan to attend VaHomeschooler conference next month

--errands??? Staples (ink) and grocery store (never a good idea before a winter storm "event" :lol:)

--dd ballet 6-9, class and rehearsal

5:2 fast day foods for me: decaf w half and half (bfast), leftover white bean chili thinned w additional broth w added tomatoes and peppers (lunch), sautéed chicken w warm bacon vinaigrette over spinach (planned family dinner---Cooking Light recipe). I may have enough calories left for a small latte made with 1% milk :) Tomorrow I will weigh myself for the first time.

Good Morning!  :hurray:

I'm trying to get myself motivated for this day.  Loads to accomplish and a big storm on the way. 

Jean, Tress and your dd --I hope you guys are feeling better today.  

Amy, I hope you can rest and feel better.  Stay safe with all that ice, and hopefully you can keep power. 

Our kids are in Columbia, SC, and we are praying they don't lose power.  They live in an apartment with three little ones and have no other way to heat their home.  She said they have lots of ice, and it was snowing earlier.  At least post is closed, and her dh is with her.  

Today:

• school--lots of school work
  • vacuum, dust and wipe down all bathrooms
  • laundry--1 load each-white, dark and towels
  • meals today will be leftovers--I made taco soup last night and it's always better the next day.
  • get everything ready to clear the outside after the storm...6-10 inches or 8-12...depends on where it sets up off the coast

Hope you all have a good day!! 

Morning girls,

Kids are eating breakfast, just finished devotions with them. We're going through Proverbs. It's a good book for this bunch. Pounding into their heads every day about honesty and truthfulness. Something they have trouble with.

So, today we have....

** school

** more baking

** Awana for the kids

I'm just really tired lately. I don't know what's going on, but I feel achy (mildly) and just tired, all the time. I think it's stress. How do you get rid of stress? How do you deal with stress? All the advice I read on line doesn't work for me.

Good morning all. I hope you all feel better or stay feeling good!

Krissi, I have no idea about making low-level stress go away. I slept very badly last night after I was blindsided by a selfish decision by someone else. It is going to cost me money that I can ill afford and makes me feel bullied. As I told dh, I don't know why I am always surprised when people do mean and selfish things. I should be used to it by now. But this past year, I have been constantly surprised by people's actions.

So this morning, I am tired and trying to follow dh's advice "don't spend one more minute thinking about this person."

To do:

school for ds3 and dd2

oversee teens

oversee chores

school administration

travel arrangements for ds1 and dd1

try not to worry about $$

pick up downstairs

errands later: grocery store, drop off donations, car wash

PM practice:swimming, climbing, aikido, water polo

Habits: 

green smoothie

write 30 minutes

art/craft 30 minutes

It was a bad night due to the weather - very bad winds slamming into the house and windows.  Our power finally went out around 4:30 am and then came back again, very noisily a couple of hours later.  

I tried to sleep in but even though I'm exhausted I couldn't sleep in very much.  I'll grab a nap later.  I have a feeling we'll all be slugs today.

My bp is up high this morning.  Probably due to exhaustion.  Monday I was gone for a long time for my doctor's appointment.  And yesterday I was gone for a long time for dd's dental appointment.  I have a friend who wants to come over with her preschooler tomorrow - I told her it will have to be for 1 hour only because of what's going on right now with my health.  She's a good friend, so I'm counting on her understanding that I just can't do it for longer even though I love seeing her and her daughter.

work daycare 730-830

blood work

ds15 online lit class 9-1030

other schoolwork for all

net training for new job

petcare

dr's appt in city (2 hours away) for ds10 at 430pm\

Blue Tree concert tonight with just the teens while in city (gramma watching littles)

laundry (with mind to packing for Friday)

Wow, Melissa! That's awesome.

Well, it's after lunch. We're actually having Fine Arts time. I've been really making an effort to do this and it's the 4th Wednesday in a row. The kids are painting their sculptures that they made when we studies Michaelangelo last week. And I read a bit of a bio in Mozart, so they are listening to Mozart as they paint. And I am feeling like the homeschool mom extraordinaire. Lol. For once.