Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Needleroozer

Okay, so how do I make an avatar? I have a (m)

Hi Everyone-

Click the "User CP" link in the upper left of the page. From there, click "Edit Avatar" from the Settings & Options section on the left-hand side of the page. The directions there should help you through, but let me know if they aren't clear.

If you want to create an avatar, I found different sites via Google. I created one at http://www.doppelme.com.

FYI -- "User CP" means User Control Panel. Sorry, not our choice of terms/abbreviations.

Hi Everyone-

Click the "User CP" link in the upper left of the page. From there, click "Edit Avatar" from the Settings & Options section on the left-hand side of the page. The directions there should help you through, but let me know if they aren't clear.

If you want to create an avatar, I found different sites via Google. I created one at http://www.doppelme.com.

FYI -- "User CP" means User Control Panel. Sorry, not our choice of terms/abbreviations.

When I got there the avitar button is an X and there is nothing to chose? I can't click anything? This is what is says:

Your Current Avatar No Avatar Specified Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

Do not use an avatar( radio button which is clicked and I can't UNclick it)

Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

When I got there the avitar button is an X and there is nothing to chose? I can't click anything? This is what is says:

Your Current Avatar No Avatar Specified Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

Do not use an avatar( radio button which is clicked and I can't UNclick it)

Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

Under the "Your Current Avatar" section, you should see another section -- "Custom Avatar" that says:

Custom Avatar If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.

Use Custom Avatar

You may upload a new custom image using the controls below.

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

There is no minimum numbers of posts required before making an avatar.

I think I've got it figured out. I went into "User CP" and then hit "edit picture". I was able to upload a pix from my computer.

SO, are you saying I am a dolt? :D

Well........ :rolleyes:

You crack me up, Jean.

We will muddle through this together, and it helps to know that I am not the only one having a time figuring it out!:D

LB- at least I can do quotes and smilies!

Under the "Your Current Avatar" section, you should see another section -- "Custom Avatar" that says:

Custom Avatar If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.

Use Custom Avatar

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

I don't have any of that?

I cannot even figure out how to reply to individual posts???

Will I have to click on "next thread" to see the entire "thingy, forum, board"?

This may cause me sleepless nights.

Heather--avatars appear disabled on this board. This board set up is exactly like my snopes board and in the "edit avatar" section, there is no way to edit or upload an avatar. It just says "avatars disabled".

Everything else works. But not even the stock avatars that come with the board are showing on here (and they do on the snopes board).

~~Toni

Help retrieve me from cyberspace.

I just posted something in no-man's land with nobody else around.

Oh dear!

Use Custom Avatar

There is no minimum numbers of posts required before making an avatar.

Nope... all I have is the little selected spot which I cannot UNselect.

Touch not the man with eyeliner for he is sexy and mine.

:)

toni

:D Never fear... I think he is a great actor, and my kids positively LOVE the films... but I'll let you have him ;)

You can pick whatever kind of picture you want.. If you do searches online, I'm sure you can find something you like :)

Hey LB, I got the avatar thing figured out. But I'm not sure I can explain it.

Hey Laurie, good to see you here! I did it! I did it! Yay for me! Thanks for all the help, Heather and everyone else! Woohoo!

LB

In case no has already said it, you have to go to your email to complete your initial log-in. Otherwise you are still a visitor. After you have completed your log-in the edit avitar button will work.

Melissa

Touch not the man with eyeliner for he is sexy and mine.

:)

toni

NO!!! Where did Johnny go??? Next thing we know, it will be Kendall Windham!!

:eek:

And just WHAT is wrong with kendall windham? He was my very first crush.

well, him and John Taylor (which is who is in the avatar)... Sorry, I couldn't resist my JT.

toni

And just WHAT is wrong with kendall windham?

That he is not BARRY!! (But I guess we've had this battle before... ;) )

And just WHAT is wrong with kendall windham? He was my very first crush.

well, him and John Taylor (which is who is in the avatar)... Sorry, I couldn't resist my JT.

toni

Well I have never heard of him... and I liked Johnny better :D

He's a wrestler whom genie seems to think is lesser than his brother, Barry. Pffft. She has no clue... Kendall rocks..

Just for you genie, here they are NOW (and they are still hot)

windham_brothers.jpg

This is going to take some getting use to. :(

Just wanted to see if I was able to figure out the avatar thingy.

Let's see if it worked...

Ooh, I love that picture, Brittany.

Right when I thought I had it figured out I got confused. I see some folks posting that they can't upload an avatar but their picture is beautifully displayed beside their username. What *is* an avatar?! :-}

See the Hawt British dude next to my name? That's an avatar. Go to "User CP" up at the top, then click on "edit avatar" (left side) and you can upload one from your computer. :)