Menu

we got Catan for Christmas!!

HollyDay

We have a couple of the expansion sets, but we still play the base game the most often. IMHO, the expansions add to the complexity of play without adding to the fun. Our favorite accessory is a plastic frame that holds all the hexes together.  We have an older set that didn't come with an outer frame and the pieces would slide and separate during play.

We got too, and we have been loving it! The kids new favorite game. And I don't even mind how long it takes. Maybe because I usually win :). We just have the 5-6 person expansion to accommodate us all. I might look into another expansion next Christmas, but I think we will have fun with it as is for quite awhile.

:thumbup: Oh, you are in the soup now!  You are going to need lots and lots of expansion packs!  I'll ask my husband what he likes best of the broad selection he has gathered.  I know we like Knights and Castles and Fishermen.  Welcome to the Catan club! 

I bought the portable version for my dh because it was cheaper and half the size... (Our game closet is bursting at the seams). Anyway, I SWEAR I checked and double checked that you could play it with two players, but after looking at the directions for the portable one....you need three?!? Can you play this with just two people?

Am I the only one whose ds didn't like that game?

Honey, you'd best be posting this in that "unpopular opinion" thread! :D :p

(You do know I'm just messing with you, don't you?)

We are such Catan addicts here that we got.......drum roll, please.........Star Trek Catan! It doesn't get any geekier than this, folks! And we love it! There is very little difference from the regular Catan, but it is so much fun to make all of the little Star Trek sound effects while playing.

Am I the only one whose ds didn't like that game?

I don't like that game.  :laugh: It's got too much randomness. All you need is a game of unlucky resource rolls and you are bored to death. 

My kids like it but there are so many other board games they like more. I don't think we've played it in a few years. 

I don't like that game.  :laugh: It's got too much randomness. All you need is a game of unlucky resource rolls and you are bored to death. 

My kids like it but there are so many other board games they like more. I don't think we've played it in a few years. 

It is just so luck based, and no real planning needed and little desicion making needed to play.