Menu

I need help with tree lights please....

Lara in Colo

It depends. Where do you want to start?  Which school of tree lights to you belong to?  Obviously not the pre-lit tree school.  I can recommend starting at the top because I usually start there.  But I've been known to start on the bottom just because I feel like shaking things up.

Well last year I started (??)  and ended up with a disaster!! I swore I would always start at the other end as I did last year and now I cannot remember!!

Grrr on me!!

Well I guess I will start at the top and see how it goes.

Since mother has ruined yet another holiday, I suppose it cannot get worse!!

I start at the top so any excess is at the bottom and easier to  distribute.

I have a pre-lite tree now - but I still have to replace two strands this year. (and do some rewiring as the manufacturer had cut one strand, and spliced another into it.)

http://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/holidays/christmas/art-christmas-tree-lighting-10000001016034/index.html

I read somewhere to do on side of the tree and then the other, to make taking them off easier.

well, I put them on so deeply and twisted, that I just get the clippers and cut each branch off and put it into a trash bag as I go.  Easy to get the tree out the door and the lights just slide right off.  Then I have stuff for the fireplace for a while.

I'm watching this thread, just waiting for the controversy. I know it's coming.

I dunno.  Is it really such a controversial topic?  Seems to me that wherever you start . . . that string is still gonna end at the wrong place.

(My solution is to let DH deal with it. :D )

My tree is always in a corner, so I always hide any leftover lights against the wall where nobody can see them.  I once saw a tree stand that would rotate your tree, so as to show off all sides, and thought I would never want such a thing because I like being able to face the worst side of the tree towards the wall and tuck any extra lights back there out of sight!