Menu

Is the show "Dirty Jobs" appropriate for kids?

Plus, you have to pick your episodes. The one about cleaning the sewer, fine. The one about inseminating bulls, ehhh...maybe too much innuendo to miss. That said, I tend to be a bit conservative about TV and I let mine watch it.

ETA: Er, cows. Inseminating cows. Inseminating bulls would be...well, way dirtier.

Plus, you have to pick your episodes. The one about cleaning the sewer, fine. The one about inseminating bulls, ehhh...maybe too much innuendo to miss. That said, I tend to be a bit conservative about TV and I let mine watch it.

I think they've inseminated every conceivable animal, lol. Ita with the above.

I willNEVER forget the time I was on vacation with my parents and my ds who was 5. In the hotel room I crashed out and woke up to him intently watching the episode about collecting horse semen. I just pretended I was asleep. My parents never did realize what he was watching.

The only thing I noticed was swearing, and enough that it bothered me. But I feel the same way about Myth Busters and dh has let ds watch tons of the Busters. He, meaning ds, actually hasn't started cussing like a sailor because of it. But he certainly knows the "vocab."

My kids LOVE this show!  Yes, there is the occasional language and I guess if you don't live on a farm, you'd  think the breeding/collecting semen was too graphic.  My kids roll with it as they've looked at it under the microscope and found it fascinating.   All in a day's work around here.  :lol:   I personally love that is shows the vastness of the work force/jobs that are in this great world of ours. 

ETA: Er, cows. Inseminating cows. Inseminating bulls would be...well, way dirtier.

Thank you for the laugh!

I'm not conservative about anything other than s*x, and I let mine watch them.  I do agree that Mike can be very flirty but not in a bad way, more silly.  We love DJ and pretty much stopped watching Discovery channel when they cancelled it.  If you haven't already tried Mythbusters then you should. Best show ever.