Menu

Updated our school room pics

Quiver0f10

That looks great! I love your bookshelves and am having serious bookshelf envy right now!!! I have 2 tiny shelves and junk all over the floor b/c I just don't have the space to store it all!

Also, I saw your post below the schoolroom one about your weight loss. That is truly amazing. Way to go and many congratulations!!!!

Hi Quiver:

My school room is similar to yours in layout and size (and 3 entrance/exits to the room) but I've also got those sets of plastic drawers for the each child's actual textbooks, binders and pencils, crayons, etc. My room is in the basement and only for school.

Do your children put their books (textbooks, binders) on the shelves or do you have another system?

When my school room looks as nice as yours, it lasts about one day, two if I'm lucky, three if I nag like crazy. My gf has 7 kids (inc 4 boys 8 and under) and she says the same thing - only worse.

Do you have secrets to share with us moms of many? (or at least, more than a few?)

lisaj, hsing 5

Where did you get that table? We may be needing a table to seat 10-12 soon. Big tables are so hard to find. Can you point me in the right direction?

We had it custom made when we lived in Maine. It was a huge splurge for us and we used some of our tax return to buy it. We found a few places that had seating up to 10-12 but they had leaves and I wanted a solid top. So try a wood working place or Amish store.

Hi Quiver:

My school room is similar to yours in layout and size (and 3 entrance/exits to the room) but I've also got those sets of plastic drawers for the each child's actual textbooks, binders and pencils, crayons, etc. My room is in the basement and only for school.

Do your children put their books (textbooks, binders) on the shelves or do you have another system?

When my school room looks as nice as yours, it lasts about one day, two if I'm lucky, three if I nag like crazy. My gf has 7 kids (inc 4 boys 8 and under) and she says the same thing - only worse.

Do you have secrets to share with us moms of many? (or at least, more than a few?)

lisaj, hsing 5

They do keep their books on the shelves. The first bookshelf nearest the living room doorway has the younger 4 kids books and the one next to it has the older ones, plus teacher's books. Honestly, they usually trash the shelves too and toss things back where they don't belong etc. The only reason it looks like it does now is 1) we haven't started school 2) I threatened them with bodily harm if they touched anything until school starts :lol:

I try to quickly reorganize the shelves each Friday afternoon, but they rarely looks as nice as these pics. :D > My plan of attack this year is to assign one child per week the chore of tidying the shelves each afternoon. I am hoping that helps with the mess.