Menu

What Craft/Hobby Thing are you doing this week? week 15

PrincessMommy

Hey all!

I've normally be starting these on Mondays but I'm going to be busy tomorrow.  I actually thought ahead!!

I finally finished the baby blanket today.  I only took a little bit of time to weave up, since it was one blanket.  Today I sewed on the satin binding.  It's in the dryer now.

I also started warping my other loom for 3 more scarves.

How is everyone doing?  Please share your progress - or lack thereof! 

I had a stack of "to-dos" and got started today.

Made DD7 a denim skirt YAY!! and hemmed some pants for DS9.

Have some patterns out to sew some pj pants for dd7.....maybe by friday ;)

I need to check in on these threads and get busy on some of these items I've been waiting to sew.

I had a stack of "to-dos" and got started today.

Made DD7 a denim skirt YAY!! and hemmed some pants for DS9.

Have some patterns out to sew some pj pants for dd7.....maybe by friday ;)

I need to check in on these threads and get busy on some of these items I've been waiting to sew.

How'd you do the skirt?  I need to make Rebecca one.

I'm in high gear winter scarves, mittens, and hats making mode. Crocheting and knitting. 2 down, 12 to go.

I'm also planning on making a bunch of gingerbread houses with my oldest daughter over the next few weeks. I'm sure the others will join in, but she's the one who is really getting into it. I'm going to make a Tardis house and a church and a bunch of mini coffee cup ones as gifts.

I'm getting a new lens for my camera this week and I'm excited to start working on mastering sports photography. I'm going to a couple of basketball games this week to practice. I'm going to be doing some free lance work for a local college so I need to hone my skills in this area. I need to take pictures of two of my girls for the collage I'm going to be doing for the grandparents for Christmas too.

I'm making a ruffle scarf (crochet) for my Aunt Kate. She bought the yarn but doesn't know how to crochet. Once I'm done with the first, she has more colors she has bought that she wants me to make.

Sounds like it might be time to sit down with Aunt Kate and teach her how.  My little sister likes to pull the "will you make this for me card?"  Sometimes it drives me nuts.

I would but she's a lefty and I'm a righty :) though after I'm done with the first one, I would like to find her a DVD or a really good visual book that she can learn from. She wants to learn since she now spends a lot of time at home with my uncle with Alzheimer's.

Ah I know that pain. I have a 9 yo severely left dominant child that really wants to learn. I really should look up some videos for him.

I would but she's a lefty and I'm a righty :) though after I'm done with the first one, I would like to find her a DVD or a really good visual book that she can learn from. She wants to learn since she now spends a lot of time at home with my uncle with Alzheimer's.

So sit across from her and she can mirror you!

I've not had time to do any hobby stuff lately, but today I am leading my 4-H club in a craft projec making felt-roving snowmen.  I have one that I made maybe 8 years ago as a guide, and I think I remember how to do it, but I need to go try it before they get here because I'm not 100% sure about the body.  I figure if I can't remember we can just do some needle felting.

I strung the beads for a second beaded wristlet.  I plan to cast that one on today which means that I will have three knitting projects going!  I am about to turn the heel on a sock, a second sock mind you, and I have a wool mitten started.

Let me tell you the story of the mitten pattern.  My husband's aunt was the aunt who knitted mittens for her children, her nieces and nephews, her neighbors, etc.  Her knitting bag had cardboard hand tracings of people for whom she knitted mittens all without a pattern that was written down.  The aunt died some time ago and in recent years her now retired daughter went to a yarn store with a pair of her mother's mittens. Together, the proprietor and my husband's cousin figured out the pattern which she has shared with me. 

We do a Christmas name draw on my husband's side of the family.  The person I drew is receiving a pair of his aunt's mittens that I am making for him.  I am so thrilled to keep this part of his aunt's spirit alive.

they're beautiful.  Did you dye them yourself too?

lol. oh, i wish!!  i'm definitely not that talented! i have like 100 ft roll of burlap & another 100 ft roll of burlap ribbon :) (or something obnoxious like that).  the width of the runner is already perfect, so i just cut the length desired & sew the edges with a straight stitch to keep the runner from fraying.  i have a ton of material, well...cuz i'm a material hog  :D -- then i just make up whatever i feel like. they're ridiculously easy!   :)

mytwomonkeys, the runners are gorgeous!

Jane, I love the mitten story. That is so cool ♥

I started crocheting a popcorn garland - it is a garland that looks like popcorn strung on a string. I haven't gotten too far with it but it is looking cute.

I really need to get cranking on some scarves though. I promised a friend last year that I would make some for her - she has a street ministry and hands out scarves and hats at Christmastime.

Matching tshirts, airplane t shirt and hooded sweat shirts for grandsons.

Last night I finished christmas stockings for the newest grandbabies, sheets for twin bed for the toddler who is being promoted out of her crib so her brother can have it, and then, well, I have to check my list!

My 8 year old daughter stitched a needlepoint (painted canvas) ornament and a cross stitch ornament. I will do the finishing work this week on them to make them into ornaments for Christmas. I'm in the middle of making an Altoid tin into a keepsake box with a cross-stitch design on the top. 

It looks like everyone here is busy being creative.  

I finished the blanket and got it in the mail yesterday. Yay!   I'm working on a Christmas towel/placemat draft today while grandson is sleeping.  It's rather cluttered around my computer with books, draft ideas, planning guides and yarn scattered around the floor.