Menu

Last Downton episode until Christmas special - link inside

JFSinIL

ETA: Spoilers ahead. I assume people wouldn't be reading this thread if they're afraid of spoilers, but just in case...

Don't mess with Mr. Bates! I suppose it could be a coincidence, but that seems doubtful. I haven't cared much about the Daisy-Ivy-Alfred stuff but I liked how that plot point was resolved. I still couldn't care less about Rose. 

I wonder if Mr. Green stepped in front of the bus or whatever.  Maybe his conscience got the better of him for what he did to Anna.  It's doubtful though. They have left that storyline open for a little mystery concerning Bates.  Although where Green died, is not York where Bates was, yes?  Might have to go rewatch that part.

I'm glad they ended the story with Ivy, Daisy, and Alfred.  Mrs. Pattmore's praise of Daisy was great.  I sense that praise is not given out much to the servants.  

Cora - She seems to be oblivious to the real world.  She seemed so ditzy to me in last night's episode. 

Mosley - I liked the confidence he seemed to gain from Baxter's encouragement.  It was like seeing his chest puff up with pride. 

I could go on, but really I should be teaching my children. 

I wonder if Mr. Green stepped in front of the bus or whatever.  Maybe his conscience got the better of him for what he did to Anna.  It's doubtful though. They have left that storyline open for a little mystery concerning Bates.  Although where Green died, is not York where Bates was, yes?  Might have to go rewatch that part.

I'm glad they ended the story with Ivy, Daisy, and Alfred.  Mrs. Pattmore's praise of Daisy was great.  I sense that praise is not given out much to the servants.  

Cora - She seems to be oblivious to the real world.  She seemed so ditzy to me in last night's episode. 

Mosley - I liked the confidence he seemed to gain from Baxter's encouragement.  It was like seeing his chest puff up with pride. 

I could go on, but really I should be teaching my children. 

Green died in London. Bates SAID he was in York. Today it takes about 2 hours between London and York on the train so it would have been doable in the 1920s as well. He COULD have gone down. I just hope he didn't.

I loved Mosley and Baxter :)

Green died in London. Bates SAID he was in York. Today it takes about 2 hours between London and York on the train so it would have been doable in the 1920s as well. He COULD have gone down. I just hope he didn't.

My theory is that if Bates is responsible for his death, he had one of his connections from prison arrange the "accident" rather than doing it himself. I hope that isn't the case, though.

My theory is that if Bates is responsible for his death, he had one of his connections from prison arrange the "accident" rather than doing it himself. I hope that isn't the case, though.

That's my thought, too.  Hope they just let it rest... poor Anna's had enough trouble.  I guess it's the actress's fault since she's such a great & convincing cry-er. ;)

Loved Mosely/Baxter interaction -- I was getting tired of his comedic tragedy.  Now I'm anxious to hear what Thomas holds over her.

Glad Alfred's gone.  That was getting old but I liked how it ended.  I got weepy over Mrs. Pattmore's praise, too.

Mary's new love triangle should be interesting.  But poor Mr. Napier -- he never had a chance!  (First he was overshadowed by that Mr. Pamuk, and now -- of all people -- his boss!)  Bummer for him, hehe.

Just watched the last episode.

I think Bates is innocent--or that he arranged the accident with one of his prison mates, as proposed above. I do think it'd be more interesting if he is innnocent and everyone thinks he did it. 

I wonder if Thomas is the son of the lady's maid. She said she grew up in a hard place where her family wasn't respected. Maybe she had him illegitimately, and they are showing what would've happened if Lady Edith put her child with the farmer as she had proposed, and then people found out about it. IDK, but Thomas has something over her.

I was surprised that they showed nothing of the US trip. Interesting that it was the Teapot Dome scandal--I had to look it up to remember what that was even about. 

I think the brother-in-law is coming with Lady G's mom in the Christmas episode. That should be interesting. 

Anyone have a reliable alternative link to simplyjune? Her videos are currently maxed out on the viewing. Something accessible from the USA, unless someone can provide me with a postal region code that will get me past the ITV gate.

I googled and used N170AB for the first episode.  :)

It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.

SimplyJune links were available early this morning, but not at the moment.