Menu

For those who watch Revolution

Wheres Toto

Am I the only one who didn't realize until now how much reference to The Stand there is in the show Revolution?  I'm watching this weeks episode right now and it all of a sudden occurred to me - Miles alias is Stu Redman - one of the main characters in The Stand.  Then there's Randall - the bad guy, and Charlie's alias is Frannie - also one of the main characters in The Stand.

I can't believe I didn't catch it earlier.  I've read The Stand many many times.

Am I the only one who didn't realize until now how much reference to The Stand there is in the show Revolution?  I'm watching this weeks episode right now and it all of a sudden occurred to me - Miles alias is Stu Redman - one of the main characters in The Stand.  Then there's Randall - the bad guy, and Charlie's alias is Frannie - also one of the main characters in The Stand.

I can't believe I didn't catch it earlier.  I've read The Stand many many times.

Oh, my gosh, I hadn't noticed either. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'm going to watch for the references.

If you google "Stu Redmond" it will come up with a few articles about the book and tv show.  I suppose the Illuminati reference this season is the "evil" for the "good" to oppose as in the book?  I thought it was poor script writing.  Now it is plagiarism and bad acting.  Hmmm. 

Interesting.

Our family watched Revolution last season but this season, we pretty much all saw the first few and and said, "Okay. J.J. is at it again. Let's get out now before the nano-bots turn into a big smoke monster and  the writers deny it's purgatory but in the last episode, we discover it is -  while about 100 other questions remain unanswered."

Interesting.

Our family watched Revolution last season but this season, we pretty much all saw the first few and and said, "Okay. J.J. is at it again. Let's get out now before the nano-bots turn into a big smoke monster and  the writers deny it's purgatory but in the last episode, we discover it is -  while about 100 other questions remain unanswered."

That's what I said when we saw the cloud of nanobots," It's Smoky!"

Holy moly! Her dad! Wowza. I was not expecting that at all. I thought for sure she was the one who turned him in.

But now... Does she know it was her dad?!

I really didn't like The Stand. But I'm liking this show.

Nano stuff like this is nothing new. It's been the theme is quite a few si-fi movies and books for a long time now.

What's terrifying though is that what's Reynolds (did I get the name right? From the tower?) is back.

It's scary enough to think the nano can do that.

It's terrifying to think someone somewhere could control the nanos and thus the people infected with them!

Wow.

OK, I'm lost!  Evidently, my DVR stopped taping it.  I haven't had one since the computer guy's house was broken into.  Miles warned the sheriff and of course that night bad things happened.  I haven't seen nanobots.  I wonder how many episodes I've missed and if there is anywhere I can catch up?

You can watch them on Amazon instant video.  They cost $1.99 an episode with no advertisements.  (Or less if you subsribe to the whole season.)

For free, you can watch them on Hulu.

If you have not watched since the "war clan" broke into Aaron's house, then you have missed a lot.  At least for me, the show is going in an unexpected direction.

The episode from Wed, Oct 30th, "Dead Man Walking" is available at both websites.  Happy watching!