Menu

Does anyone else have this problem?

Amira

Do your bottles of soy sauce leak in the fridge?  Mine always do.  It happens with different brands, in plastic and glass bottles, in many different climates and countries.  The soy sauce always leaks.  It's not getting spilled, the lid is on, no one is shaking it up, it's just sitting quietly on the shelf dribbling all over and I can't figure out why, especially since no one else seems to have this problem.

Do you have the little plastic piece with a hole in the middle? Sauce collects around the edges of that and dribbles down the bottle. I pop it off and toss, then my bottles don't leak.

Sometimes we've had that, and sometimes not.  My current bottle is a big leaker and it doesn't have that piece.

Ours does this too. I had never noticed until I saw a little puddle under the corner of our fridge. We don't use it often so ours isn't being shaken or anything either, but it is on the door... though it's not full so even slamming of the fridge as the kids are prone to do should make it spill over. I was stumped as to why it happened.

Ours does this too. I had never noticed until I saw a little puddle under the corner of our fridge. We don't use it often so ours isn't being shaken or anything either, but it is on the door... though it's not full so even slamming of the fridge as the kids are prone to do should make it spill over. I was stumped as to why it happened.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

Nope, but what you might try is wiping the top and the side of the top before closing it. Maybe some sauce is collecting around there and dribbling out? Just a guess.

I've cleaned the bottles many times before putting them away. When I get it out the next day, there is fresh sauce on the outside. Sometimes it's a lot- way more than just a few dribbles from someone not keeping the bottle clean.

If it only happened in some climates or with certain types of bottles or brands, it would be less odd to me. But it's a mystery to me.

• 7 years later...
On 10/25/2013 at 12:22 AM, Amira said:

Do your bottles of soy sauce leak in the fridge?  Mine always do.  It happens with different brands, in plastic and glass bottles, in many different climates and countries.  The soy sauce always leaks.  It's not getting spilled, the lid is on, no one is shaking it up, it's just sitting quietly on the shelf dribbling all over and I can't figure out why, especially since no one else seems to have this problem.

I have the same problem and I can't figure it out. It happens even with half-empty bottles. 

3 minutes ago, Amira said:

These zombie threads are so weird.  Who would even find this topic from so many years ago?

Right? Much less create an account just to say, “Yeah, my soy sauce bottles do that too.” There’s got to be a reason so many of these weird zombie threads keep being revived lately. 

• Like 3