Menu

What did you think of the pictures of baby Prince George at his christening today?

HappyGrace

Awww...Queen Elizabeth wore the flower basket brooch. Her parents gave it to her when Prince Charles was born. So sweet that she wore that instead of a fancier/more historic brooch. I think she is getting more sentimental.

eta: Okay, so I might be the only one here who is semi-obssessed with her brooches, lol.

Did you see the picture of the Queen and the three kings-in-waiting? Watching history unfold gives me goosebumps! So much like the photo of Queen Victoria and her heirs.

just one more thing she has in common with Victoria.  she's closing in on matching Victoria's reign for duration.  she will pass her in just under two years.

Does the Queen always wear a jacket and gloves indoors??

I think if she's going inside/outside she wears gloves - and for formal occasions (because women used to wear gloves as formal wear.)

when I see her smile, I always think of tour guide Barbie from toy story 2.  are they gone yet?  are they gone?  my cheeks are killing me . . . .

when I see her smile, I always think of tour guide Barbie from toy story 2.  are they gone yet?  are they gone?  my cheeks are killing me . . . .

From the Olympics on - maybe earlier - I've been fearing that she is in a lot of pain.  Of course I could be imagining things, but there's something about her expressions.

L

From the Olympics on - maybe earlier - I've been fearing that she is in a lot of pain.  Of course I could be imagining things, but there's something about her expressions.

L

I think you may be right. I've noticed several times in which her smile looked more like an attempt to cover a grimace.

L

she's getting up there.   when I see pictures of her with William et. al. - I think, she's just someone's grandma.  only she's not allowed to slow down like her body wants too.  (and most grandma's are allowed to.)

Going back to the cake for a minute - I've had some really delicious British wedding fruit cakes - they are much nicer than some fruit cakes I've tried. Also, marzipan varies. There is a really nice mild flavored one that I like, although usually I am not a marzipan fan.

ETA - What a gorgeous baby!!

she's getting up there.   when I see pictures of her with William et. al. - I think, she's just someone's grandma.  only she's not allowed to slow down like her body wants too.  (and most grandma's are allowed to.)

My mum's about the same age and she's just exhausted.  It takes so little to wear her out.  She doesn't have much in the way of specific ailments, but just living makes her tired.

L

Her mother lived quite actively to 101, so I don't see the Queen slowing down at 87.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/9927341/Queen-Elizabeth-II-the-most-dutiful-monarch-in-a-thousand-years.html

the queen mum didn't have nearly the schedule the queen has.

My mum's about the same age and she's just exhausted.  It takes so little to wear her out.  She doesn't have much in the way of specific ailments, but just living makes her tired.

L

my mil is 87 - it's been interesting watching her slow down - against her will I might add.  her body simply couldn't keep up to what she wants to do.   she used to only sleep five hours a night, and was a tornado when she was awake.