Menu

I will not get bummed!

I will remain in good spirits and focus on the blessings of life! I will not be discouraged, and believe things will fall into place. I will not focus on nor contemplate what I do not know. This is not in my control.

I will make it a good day!

Back to your regulary schedule WTM board.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I'm sending a prayer your way, Heather!

Now to Him Who is able to do immeasureably more than anything that we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory forever! :grouphug:

I will remain in good spirits and focus on the blessings of life! I will not be discouraged, and believe things will fall into place. I will not focus on nor contemplate what I do not know. This is not in my control.

:grouphug: I hope things look up soon.

And, well said...something we should all practice! My mom always said "we make our own happiness." And we can, but sometimes it takes focus.

Heather,

Have you ever read Brother Lawrence? He was a monk who learned that he could still worship God even while doing mundane tasks. When I'm in a funk or am feeling discouraged or like complaining, I will often bring a hymn book along with me so that I can sing while folding clothes. And I will pray while in the shower or while loading the dishwasher - not a complaining prayer but praying for others: the neighbors, the people who are rubbing me the wrong way, my family, my church, the nation. . .

Heather,

Have you ever read Brother Lawrence? He was a monk who learned that he could still worship God even while doing mundane tasks. When I'm in a funk or am feeling discouraged or like complaining, I will often bring a hymn book along with me so that I can sing while folding clothes. And I will pray while in the shower or while loading the dishwasher - not a complaining prayer but praying for others: the neighbors, the people who are rubbing me the wrong way, my family, my church, the nation. . .

I'm glad you brought this up! I have not read it, but I've heard of him, and I think of him sometimes. So, when I have to fold laundry or do dishes or clean the toilets, I try to think positive things, and be thankful for what I have and pray and sing as well!

I also think about the disciples in prison, after being beaten. They sang! It helps me get things in perspective better, I think, and helps me make it through the tough times....